LCCF

New Jersey 2017 AOS Filers

59 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Sarah&Facundo said:

Uh oh.... Our status just changed to interview was scheduled. We will be in Argentina until January 24th. I imagine the date will fall somewhere a week or two before we leave. UGH! I guess we will have to wait for that paper. Did the USCIS give you a date on the phone? 

Oh, I feel you. Yes, call and request a callback from a level 2 officer. Be prepared to be on hold for a looong time. Once you get the date -if necessary- reschedule on the phone. I was told by the Level 2 that you cannot do that. Well, when I got the letter, it clearly states the only way you can reschedule now is by phone. There's really no point on waiting for the letter.

Edited by NJMarch18

Timeline
On 12/12/2018 at 11:18 AM, Sarah&Facundo said:

Uh oh.... Our status just changed to interview was scheduled. We will be in Argentina until January 24th. I imagine the date will fall somewhere a week or two before we leave. UGH! I guess we will have to wait for that paper. Did the USCIS give you a date on the phone? 

Did you get the date? 

2 hours ago, NJMarch18 said:

Did you get the date? 

Yes, and it is the date of our flight :( We will be in ezeiza during the interview!!!! :( :( 

So we need to reschedule. We called the minute we opened the envelope. I can't believe it is the same day. What awful luck, right?!

We called the USCIS. The agent I spoke to said she put in a service inquiry and gave us a confirmation code. I hope she does what she is supposed to do. She didn't ask for proof or send us to a Tier 2 officer or anything. What was your experience like?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Sarah&Facundo said:

Yes, and it is the date of our flight :( We will be in ezeiza during the interview!!!! :( :( 

So we need to reschedule. We called the minute we opened the envelope. I can't believe it is the same day. What awful luck, right?!

We called the USCIS. The agent I spoke to said she put in a service inquiry and gave us a confirmation code. I hope she does what she is supposed to do. She didn't ask for proof or send us to a Tier 2 officer or anything. What was your experience like?

Ouch! And we thought we had bad luck! Ours is 5 days before we are back.

I suggest mailing a letter to the field office by certified mail as well.

I received an acknowledgement letter a week after placing the request on the phone. It says nothing. We were told twice by USCIS that we MUST (even though the notice doesn't say anything about it) mail the request in writing by certified mail to the field office.  I explained why we need to reschedule,  when are we available for a new interview and submitted proof of the trip. Hopefully that will work. What makes me nervous is that I don't trust the bureaucracy to do what they should and pass the message correctly. My aunt (who is also our immigration attorney) will call on the day of to make sure the officer got the memo. 

Oh well I can't wait for Argentina! Just 9 more days!

14 hours ago, NJMarch18 said:

Ouch! And we thought we had bad luck! Ours is 5 days before we are back.

I suggest mailing a letter to the field office by certified mail as well.

I received an acknowledgement letter a week after placing the request on the phone. It says nothing. We were told twice by USCIS that we MUST (even though the notice doesn't say anything about it) mail the request in writing by certified mail to the field office.  I explained why we need to reschedule,  when are we available for a new interview and submitted proof of the trip. Hopefully that will work. What makes me nervous is that I don't trust the bureaucracy to do what they should and pass the message correctly. My aunt (who is also our immigration attorney) will call on the day of to make sure the officer got the memo. 

Oh well I can't wait for Argentina! Just 9 more days!

OMG I had no idea about this. They didn't say ANYTHING like this to us on the phone!  We leave on Saturday for Argentina! Gahhhh! 

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Sarah&Facundo said:

OMG I had no idea about this. They didn't say ANYTHING like this to us on the phone!  We leave on Saturday for Argentina! Gahhhh! 

Yeah they only told me this when I called to see if it was granted or not.

I'm sure you guys will be just fine with the phone request  After all, that's what you should do according to the interview notice. I'd still try to write a letter to the field office and have it delivered with a tracking number (maybe your parents or a friend can take the letter to the post office?) just to be safe but you should be good anyway.

2 hours ago, NJMarch18 said:

Yeah they only told me this when I called to see if it was granted or not.

I'm sure you guys will be just fine with the phone request  After all, that's what you should do according to the interview notice. I'd still try to write a letter to the field office and have it delivered with a tracking number (maybe your parents or a friend can take the letter to the post office?) just to be safe but you should be good anyway.

This is a great idea. I'm going to write it and if I can't drop it off, I'll have my mom do it. Did you just send it to the address on the site? Is there anyone you contacted specifically?

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Sarah&Facundo said:

This is a great idea. I'm going to write it and if I can't drop it off, I'll have my mom do it. Did you just send it to the address on the site? Is there anyone you contacted specifically?

I sent it to the address at the bottom of the interview notice (yours should be Mt. Laurel), I just addressed it to "Dear Officer" 

I also paid the extra buck or two to get a signature confirmation receipt.

I've been trying to send you in private a photo of the letter but I can't figure how to attach files 😕

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey everybody just checking in we got our interview date letter finally! Scheduled for Feb 7th. Now I have to go back through all the paperwork and stuff again! Yay! Lol

• 5 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

hi everyone! not a 2017 filer but sent aos packet in january 2019. Received combo card in April and case ready for interview since april as well. Now just waiting for the interview date. our office is newark nj. 

I-129F Submitted: 16 January 2018 NOA1 Received: 26 January 2018 NOA2 Received: 02 August 2018 | NVC Received: 16 August 2018 | Consulate Received: 07  SEP 2018 | Medical: 24 SEP 2018 | Interview: 28 SEP 2018 | VISA in Hand: 23 OCT 2018 | POE: 10 NOV 2018 :joy:

Days between NOA1 until VISA in hand: 270

• 4 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thank you, @LCCF for starting this thread.  It's still relevant, and needed, now. We filed my husband's application for AOS, EAD, and AP in June. It was received on June 10th. Biometrics was July 9th. The status on the new site changed the next day to "Fingerprint review completed" and, for AP, "Case was Received".  It hasn't updated since. The old site hasn't changed since "Case was received" and "Fingerprint Fee was Received". Our local field office is Mt. Laurel. We are just waiting and hoping, at least, for the combo card. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2019 at 9:59 AM, Joyoussinger said:

Thank you, @LCCF for starting this thread.  It's still relevant, and needed, now. We filed my husband's application for AOS, EAD, and AP in June. It was received on June 10th. Biometrics was July 9th. The status on the new site changed the next day to "Fingerprint review completed" and, for AP, "Case was Received".  It hasn't updated since. The old site hasn't changed since "Case was received" and "Fingerprint Fee was Received". Our local field office is Mt. Laurel. We are just waiting and hoping, at least, for the combo card. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!

Hello...

Seems like you are a couple of weeks ahead of me.

Had biometrics at end of the end of July. 

Status changed to "interview to be scheduled" on September 5...

Nothing else since then.

I live in Elizabeth.

How do I know which local office is working on my file?

Seems lots of people had a fair idea based on what I've read. 

1 hour ago, DISCERNING said:

Hello...

Nothing else since then.

I live in Elizabeth.

On the USCIS website you can search your zipcode which will tell you where your office is. I believe north Jersey goes to the Newark office. Our status was "Interview to be scheduled" for many months unfortunately. Be patient, your time will come. :) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
7 hours ago, DISCERNING said:

Hello...

Nothing else since then.

I live in Elizabeth.

The website, to find your local field office, is https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.