LCCF

New Jersey 2017 AOS Filers

59 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey quick question is it normal to get just one noa? I received the one for the I 130 which is addressed to my husband the petitioner. The checks were cashed the same day so I am not sure why all four noa did not arrive at the same time. I am not finding anything that says it’s ok to received them separately. Thanks 

1 minute ago, Frannyj said:

Hey quick question is it normal to get just one noa? I received the one for the I 130 which is addressed to my husband the petitioner. The checks were cashed the same day so I am not sure why all four noa did not arrive at the same time. I am not finding anything that says it’s ok to received them separately. Thanks 

We got three separate ones for the 485, 131, and 765.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Sarah&Facundo said:

We got three separate ones for the 485, 131, and 765.

Yes I didn’t receive those but I did receive one for the I 130. Did you get all three at once? 

WOW low and behold, i got the mail today and our Interview notice was in there, Dec 6th in Newark, exactly 1 yr since we received our NOA 1 for  our Green card.

our online hasnt changed at all, still says our application for AOS received 

Edited by mighty836

K1 visa adventure 

02/20/2017- I-129F packet send to Dallas

02/22/2017- I-129F packet delivered

02/28/2017-- check cashed

03/01/2017-- NOA1 text and email received transferred to (CSC)

03/06/2017-- NOA1 hard copy received in the mail.

05/23/2017 -- Notified RFE

06/16/2017 -- Replied RFE

06/19/2017 -- CSC Received reply

06/26/2017-- Approved 

06/30/2017-- received NOA2

07/10/2017-- NVC Recived case

07/11/2017-- Case number assigned

08/14/2017-- Interview ( APPROVED )

AOS

11/29/17- Packet sent to Chicago lockbox ( I-485, I-765, I-131 included)

12/1/2017- recieved packet

12/6/2017 NOA1 text and email recieved

12/8/2017 NOA1 Hard copy recieved

12/26/2017 Biometrics done

03/31/2018 RFE - I-131

04/19/2018 Approved I-765, I-131 ( EAD & AP )

04/26/2018 Received combo card in mail

12/06/2018 Interview done - no decision

12/27/2018  APPROVED - card being produced

Timeline
2 minutes ago, mighty836 said:

WOW low and behold, i got the mail today and our Interview notice was in there, Dec 6th in Newark, exactly 1 yr since we received our NOA 1 for  our Green card.

Congratulations 

21 hours ago, Frannyj said:

Yes I didn’t receive those but I did receive one for the I 130. Did you get all three at once? 

They were mailed separately, but yes.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

On 11/21/2018 at 2:41 AM, LCCF said:

I would suggest signing up to the my.uscis portal for notifications. Online and via email. This way you get notified should you be traveling and need to make any changes. You will refeive the interview letter a month prior to your interview. Know that they will give ypu a time, but they dont really follow or are strict with the time. Mine was scheduled at 9 am. We got there arpund 8.15 and they had started letting people in. There is a metal detector and dont let you bring in any liquids. Not even milk for babies ( I had my 1 year old with me). 

They send a list of items to bring as well, basically what you submitted for the application and any new evidence to show your marriage is true. We gave new bills and taxes files jointly. Didnt give anymore than what they asked for. Same for questions, straight answers. 

Thank you for the suggestion! I've done that and I also downloaded the USCIS tracker app. Quick question, were you allowed in with your cellphones? Unbelievable that they didn't allow you to bring your baby's milk in!🤦‍♀️

On 11/21/2018 at 3:39 AM, Frannyj said:

Thank you for the update 

You're welcome! Someone who filed a week before me got the interview notice almost a month ago. I'm not sure how they schedule to be honest.

On 11/21/2018 at 9:25 AM, Sarah&Facundo said:

That's funny. We are also going back to Argentina from the end of December and all of January too :P I am kind of expecting the interview to fall in that time frame also, soooo like you, hopefully we can reschedule!

I'm glad we are not the only ones who decided to risk it! Hope you guys enjoy your vacation :)

On 11/24/2018 at 11:18 AM, mighty836 said:

Congratulations! 

Edited by NJMarch18

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I do not rememebr. We left our cellphones in the car just in case. For the fingerprints for example they asked that they be turned off. So i left mine in my car, no point of bringing it in if they will be off. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 11/20/2018 at 6:11 PM, Frannyj said:

New Jersey filers can you give me an updated timeline. My office is Newark and I want to see how things are moving along :)

Update: My interview was scheduled for January. Unfortunately  we need to reschedule. For us it took 10 months from filing to interview date .

Timeline
24 minutes ago, NJMarch18 said:

Update: My interview was scheduled for January. Unfortunately  we need to reschedule. For us it took 10 months from filing to interview date .

Ok thank you and good luck!

3 hours ago, NJMarch18 said:

I already know this is going to be our luck as well.... 

Oh well, Argentina here we come!!

Let me know what the reschedule process is like, if you can please

had our interview today in Newark, 7:15am was appointment time we waited about 30 minutes and was called back, very easy and relaxed. he asked for ID's and certain copies nothing out of the ordinary, Asked how we met, said everything looked good but was still waiting for our I-129 file. said it shouldn't take but a couple of days.   he told us what the next steps were going to be and that was it. we were done in like 20 minutes.

Edited by mighty836

K1 visa adventure 

02/20/2017- I-129F packet send to Dallas

02/22/2017- I-129F packet delivered

02/28/2017-- check cashed

03/01/2017-- NOA1 text and email received transferred to (CSC)

03/06/2017-- NOA1 hard copy received in the mail.

05/23/2017 -- Notified RFE

06/16/2017 -- Replied RFE

06/19/2017 -- CSC Received reply

06/26/2017-- Approved 

06/30/2017-- received NOA2

07/10/2017-- NVC Recived case

07/11/2017-- Case number assigned

08/14/2017-- Interview ( APPROVED )

AOS

11/29/17- Packet sent to Chicago lockbox ( I-485, I-765, I-131 included)

12/1/2017- recieved packet

12/6/2017 NOA1 text and email recieved

12/8/2017 NOA1 Hard copy recieved

12/26/2017 Biometrics done

03/31/2018 RFE - I-131

04/19/2018 Approved I-765, I-131 ( EAD & AP )

04/26/2018 Received combo card in mail

12/06/2018 Interview done - no decision

12/27/2018  APPROVED - card being produced

Timeline

21 hours ago, Sarah&Facundo said:

I already know this is going to be our luck as well.... 

Oh well, Argentina here we come!!

Let me know what the reschedule process is like, if you can please

I hope you don't need to reschedule but just in case: When I called USCIS to find out the date and time for the interview, I was told you cannot reschedule on the phone and can only do it by mailing a letter once you have the interview notice. 

As of today, I still haven't received the letter so I called USCIS again to see if I could at least schedule an InfoPass. Turns out, you CAN reschedule on the phone (there's even an option in the menu for that) so I did that. They will forward the request to Newark FO and will make a decision within 30 days (just before the interview).  

So we decided we'll also mail the request once we get the interview notice and try to make an InfoPass appointment before leaving the country if we don't hear anything from them. If three days before the interview we are still waiting for a decision, we'll cut our holidays short and fly back to the US. There's not much else we can do at this point.

8 hours ago, mighty836 said:

had our interview today in Newark, 7:15am was appointment time we waited about 30 minutes and was called back, very easy and relaxed. he asked for ID's and certain copies nothing out of the ordinary, Asked how we met, said everything looked good but was still waiting for our I-129 file. said it shouldn't take but a couple of days.   he told us what the next steps were going to be and that was it. we were done in like 20 minutes.

Congrats! Hope you get the approval notice soon 

Edited by NJMarch18

On 12/6/2018 at 7:43 PM, NJMarch18 said:

I hope you don't need to reschedule but just in case: When I called USCIS to find out the date and time for the interview, I was told you cannot reschedule on the phone and can only do it by mailing a letter once you have the interview notice. 

As of today, I still haven't received the letter so I called USCIS again to see if I could at least schedule an InfoPass. Turns out, you CAN reschedule on the phone (there's even an option in the menu for that) so I did that. They will forward the request to Newark FO and will make a decision within 30 days (just before the interview).  

So we decided we'll also mail the request once we get the interview notice and try to make an InfoPass appointment before leaving the country if we don't hear anything from them. If three days before the interview we are still waiting for a decision, we'll cut our holidays short and fly back to the US. There's not much else we can do at this point.

Congrats! Hope you get the approval notice soon 

Uh oh.... Our status just changed to interview was scheduled. We will be in Argentina until January 24th. I imagine the date will fall somewhere a week or two before we leave. UGH! I guess we will have to wait for that paper. Did the USCIS give you a date on the phone? 

Edited by Sarah&Facundo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.