Irene_sss

2018 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE

764 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, SanaM said:

Hi everyone,

I am in the same situation. I got an update on my case  from DOS saying "Incomplete Information Letter" sent on July 3rd but I haven't received any letter (nor has my lawyer who filed the application for me).  Is this "Incomplete information letter" sent to the applicant or the Lawyer? I have changed homes since submitting the application at DOS so I am afraid I might have missed the letter at my old place (though I forwarded my address to my new one from USPS)

Any help is appreciated.

Sana 

Send them an email asking about it and send them your current address. 

The letter could take a while to arrive, taking into account the fwd too. You can sign up for that thing through USPS that scans your mail and you can see it before it arrives to your home.

Edited by Coco8

Filed: O-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I'm wondering about the status updates on the DoS website. Are the possible statuses "pending" and "favorable/unfavorable recommendation"? Or do they also update, as I read on this forum, to "all documents have been received" and others of the sort. I am worried that I am waiting for a recommendation and the DoS is also waiting to receive all my documents.

Thanks for your help!

Fs2439

Hi all,

Update on my case. I got the 'Incomplete Information Letter' in my mail on the 12th of July. Sent it back the next day. So far, no update on the section 'Other' that they received the required document. I sent it through Fedex, so I have a confirmation and a name of someone signing they 'received' it. It looks to me that they're slowing down big time in the summer! I sent them an email 8 days ago, no reply.  

image.thumb.png.86598fd5382d19210915a392228db6b6.png

Trying not to freak out and just wait. Anyone experiencing long waiting time?

Thanks!

4 hours ago, fs2439 said:

Hi everyone!

I'm wondering about the status updates on the DoS website. Are the possible statuses "pending" and "favorable/unfavorable recommendation"? Or do they also update, as I read on this forum, to "all documents have been received" and others of the sort. I am worried that I am waiting for a recommendation and the DoS is also waiting to receive all my documents.

Thanks for your help!

Fs2439

Yes, DOS website will give you an answer. You can enter random numbers and see other people's timeline and result. 

Filed: O-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Good morning everyone :)

I wonder if anyone has heard of non-objection waivers denied that should have been approved, i.e. not from a fullbrighter but someone who received financial resources from their home country to come to the U.S., for example?

(I'm considering asking my boyfriend to send in a letter on my behalf, but I am afraid it could affect my O1 approval, because O1 is a strange case for dual intent - it's only partially dual intent. How helpful do you think these letters of support from boyfriends can be?)

Many thanks,

FS2439 

Edited by fs2439

5 hours ago, fs2439 said:

Good morning everyone :)

I wonder if anyone has heard of non-objection waivers denied that should have been approved, i.e. not from a fullbrighter but someone who received financial resources from their home country to come to the U.S., for example?

(I'm considering asking my boyfriend to send in a letter on my behalf, but I am afraid it could affect my O1 approval, because O1 is a strange case for dual intent - it's only partially dual intent. How helpful do you think these letters of support from boyfriends can be?)

Many thanks,

FS2439 

Your boyfriend has nothing to do here. 

No, I haven't seen anyone denied in a case like yours.

Your statement should be based on your O1, like for research or whatever your O1 is for; furthering your career. And even if you don't get the waiver, any holiday you take to your country while you are in O1 counts towards your 2 years. I'd be a slow process but you can have an O1 for a very long time.

DOS does not care about boyfriends.

Edited by Coco8

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, zubairaliraja said:

I have a question, if J-1 waiver is applied based on NOS, do J1 still have to send form I612 or he does not need to send anything. Also if waiver notification comes from USCIS, what is written on that 797 notice of action of receipt of I-612

You don‘t have to send anything. The I612 is automatically started with the letter from DoS. You get the receipt notice from USCIS with your petition number (I797c).

Hello all,

I know all of you already posted your J1 waiver timelines, and mine is looking like this:

Item Action Date
No Objection Statement Received July, 06 2018
Fee Received June, 28 2018
Form DS-3035 Received June, 28 2018
Form DS-2019 Received June, 28 2018
Passport Data Page Received June, 28 2018
Statement Of Reason Received

June, 28 2018

According to the reference 6-8 weeks, I should wait 3 more weeks to say anything.

I'm just wondering if anyone that has a date close to mine received anything or still waiting...

3 hours ago, CabacoPhD said:

Hello all,

I know all of you already posted your J1 waiver timelines, and mine is looking like this:

Item Action Date
No Objection Statement Received July, 06 2018
Fee Received June, 28 2018
Form DS-3035 Received June, 28 2018
Form DS-2019 Received June, 28 2018
Passport Data Page Received June, 28 2018
Statement Of Reason Received

June, 28 2018

According to the reference 6-8 weeks, I should wait 3 more weeks to say anything.

I'm just wondering if anyone that has a date close to mine received anything or still waiting...

Yes, me too. I sent them a document on the 13th of July with a confirmation of receipt and by now I haven't heard anything from them! Of course, getting very anxious about it! I sent them an email 3 weeks ago - same! no reply!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.