Irene_sss

2018 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE

764 posts in this topic

Filed: O-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
15 hours ago, Coco8 said:

I faxed stuff and they added it. Attach a very short note at the top saying why you are sending them that. Include your name, case number, type of waiver.

Thank you!

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 8/7/2018 at 12:21 PM, CabacoPhD said:

Hello all,

I know all of you already posted your J1 waiver timelines, and mine is looking like this:

Item Action Date
No Objection Statement Received July, 06 2018
Fee Received June, 28 2018
Form DS-3035 Received June, 28 2018
Form DS-2019 Received June, 28 2018
Passport Data Page Received June, 28 2018
Statement Of Reason Received

June, 28 2018

According to the reference 6-8 weeks, I should wait 3 more weeks to say anything.

I'm just wondering if anyone that has a date close to mine received anything or still waiting...

Hi CabacoPhD

My timeline is the same as yours! Have you received any update??

Thanks!

Hi guys, 

Feel like something weird is going on and I’m getting worried. 

I612 was received by USCIS June 22, 2017. RFE in December, response sent right away.

In February USCIS shows case is on hold pending secondary opinion, but DOS does not show 612/613 as received documents.

Followed up with USCIS trying to escalate, email response says “USCIS is pending opinion from DOS before we can make a decision”. Emailed DOS, they say they are still pending 612/613 from USCIS. Called USCIS yesterday again to confirm, and they keep saying they are waiting on a recommendation from DOS before they can proceed with the final decision. 

Case has been pending for almost 14 months, outside of normal processing times now. No idea what to do... could it be that the forms from USCIS got lost somehow? Should I try to escalate with USCIS again? Congressman? Anyone in the same situation? 

Any input would be greatly appreciated. 

10 hours ago, fabi_c said:

Nothing! I’m getting worried! 

I'm in the same boat. This is taking incredibly long - no idea why! They 'Received' the documents that I re-sent but my case is still pending. It was a minor detail - how complicated could it have been to make their recommendation right away!

Any idea what one can do to speed up the process?

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, SoniaL said:

I'm in the same boat. This is taking incredibly long - no idea why! They 'Received' the documents that I re-sent but my case is still pending. It was a minor detail - how complicated could it have been to make their recommendation right away!

Any idea what one can do to speed up the process?

They did not ask me anything else... I believe there is no much we can do...

Filed: O-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 hours ago, Niia said:

Hi guys, 

Feel like something weird is going on and I’m getting worried. 

I612 was received by USCIS June 22, 2017. RFE in December, response sent right away.

In February USCIS shows case is on hold pending secondary opinion, but DOS does not show 612/613 as received documents.

Followed up with USCIS trying to escalate, email response says “USCIS is pending opinion from DOS before we can make a decision”. Emailed DOS, they say they are still pending 612/613 from USCIS. Called USCIS yesterday again to confirm, and they keep saying they are waiting on a recommendation from DOS before they can proceed with the final decision. 

Case has been pending for almost 14 months, outside of normal processing times now. No idea what to do... could it be that the forms from USCIS got lost somehow? Should I try to escalate with USCIS again? Congressman? Anyone in the same situation? 

Any input would be greatly appreciated. 

Is this not a no objection statement application? I think most here are NOS. Maybe someone on the Facebook j1 visa group knows?

I sent an email asking for an update 2 Fridays ago (08/17) and I haven't received any response and my status is still pending. I'm sure I'm not the only one on that situation. My theory is that people responsible to evaluate the cases took vacation over the summer...

Has anyone with the 6-8 weeks mark heard anything? I'm on the 8th week and no updates...

1 hour ago, CabacoPhD said:

I sent an email asking for an update 2 Fridays ago (08/17) and I haven't received any response and my status is still pending. I'm sure I'm not the only one on that situation. My theory is that people responsible to evaluate the cases took vacation over the summer...

Has anyone with the 6-8 weeks mark heard anything? I'm on the 8th week and no updates...

I haven't seen any change. In the same situation. Does anyone that works with an attorney heard any news on this? Are they changing anything regarding the J1 waiver?

It is been a long time since I posted on this forum

it took my waiver three months for the USCIS grant the final waiver... I think the release of waiver are based on the following:

1. Who’s sponsoring your adjustment of status (in my case it is thru marriage)

2. When will your visa expires.

3. I thin USCIS approve waivers quarterly (this is just my thought). A lot of people got waivers back in March then complete silence til June/July

I know it is hard to wait patiently but there is nothing we can do

6 minutes ago, Duckee said:

It is been a long time since I posted on this forum

it took my waiver three months for the USCIS grant the final waiver... I think the release of waiver are based on the following:

1. Who’s sponsoring your adjustment of status (in my case it is thru marriage)

2. When will your visa expires.

3. I thin USCIS approve waivers quarterly (this is just my thought). A lot of people got waivers back in March then complete silence til June/July

I know it is hard to wait patiently but there is nothing we can do

Intresting assessment, @Duckee, thanks for sharing! My adjustment of status is the same. What makes you think it's any different?

12 minutes ago, SoniaL said:

Intresting assessment, @Duckee, thanks for sharing! My adjustment of status is the same. What makes you think it's any different?

With the sponsor of adjustment of status, it seems like that if they are going to have an H1B visa it is faster compared to marriage base

For the expiration of visa, my visa expired last June 30th and I got my letter of approval July 2nd. It got approved June 28. I also looked at my lawyer’s previous cases that he handled (from J1 to LPR) they get their waiver from uSCIS about the time their visa expired range June 25th - July 6th dates

Lastly about the quarterly approval, I read it online before I did not believe it but it seems like they approve a lot of waiver every March, June, September and December. 

Did your visa already expired? I know it is hard to wait. I am on another phase of waiting this time for my work permit

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.