Irene_sss

2018 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE

764 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, Annina85 said:

HI everyone! 

I received my DOS favorable  recommendation on May 26 and the hardcopy on June 6. Since that date... silence from USCIS, No notification or other stuff! Is that possible?? I am in Italy. Do the Uscis send all the documents to the address that I wrote on the pre-stamped letters, right? 

Please help me!!!! 

Yes, they send it to the addressed you gave them.

Did you get the NOA 1 with the number you can use to check online? If you haven't, you might want to contact them because you should have received at least that. The waiver itself will take longer than the NOA 1.

Hi Folks, 

I have a general question about filling a waiver with the "No Objection Letter": 

1) If one gets the No Objection Letter from his government, Is that necessary to file it with a lawyer? Or Is that a straightforward process? 

2)If somebody here could share their statements which have been received approval? 

Thank you, 

2 hours ago, Nataliya108 said:

Hi Folks, 

I have a general question about filling a waiver with the "No Objection Letter": 

1) If one gets the No Objection Letter from his government, Is that necessary to file it with a lawyer? Or Is that a straightforward process? 

2)If somebody here could share their statements which have been received approval? 

Thank you, 

1) no lawyer; waste of money

2) why do you have the 2 year residency requirement? f it is due to skill list, not necessary to spend too much time on essay. Just say something that makes sense in your context.

sorry... eating ice cream while typing 

9 hours ago, Coco8 said:

Yes, they send it to the addressed you gave them.

Did you get the NOA 1 with the number you can use to check online? If you haven't, you might want to contact them because you should have received at least that. The waiver itself will take longer than the NOA 1.

I didn't receive the NOA1. Is there an e-mail to contact them??? I am so anxious because I already have the job offer and my future boss started the hiring process. 

5 hours ago, Annina85 said:

I didn't receive the NOA1. Is there an e-mail to contact them??? I am so anxious because I already have the job offer and my future boss started the hiring process. 

You should call USCIS. You should make sure they give you the number to check for updates online. You can also tell them you would like to expedite it because you have a job offer (you'll have to fax it to them) and there will be financial loss to the company. The expedite might not work, but at least you should try. 

Did you use an address in Italy or in the US?

19 minutes ago, Coco8 said:

You should call USCIS. You should make sure they give you the number to check for updates online. You can also tell them you would like to expedite it because you have a job offer (you'll have to fax it to them) and there will be financial loss to the company. The expedite might not work, but at least you should try. 

Did you use an address in Italy or in the US?

Thank you @Coco8 . I just e-mailed the USCIS office here in Rome and I'll try to call them. I used the Italian address indeed DoS sent the copy here in Italy. I'll follow your suggestions. Thank you!

11 hours ago, BenMQ said:

5b4e22ac8601d_Screenshot(9).thumb.png.31edc143fbf1d22c4666c0abb63703ea.png

It's been 1.5 month now since my NOS arrived, and there's still no update. Is such a wait normal? I see a lot of people whose documents arrived much later and already have their FR sent.

Time starts running once all your paperwork is there. It takes 6 to 8 weeks so you are within the timeframe. 

14 hours ago, Annina85 said:

Thank you @Coco8 . I just e-mailed the USCIS office here in Rome and I'll try to call them. I used the Italian address indeed DoS sent the copy here in Italy. I'll follow your suggestions. Thank you!

You might have to call UCSIS in the US. Try calling to Rome and if they don't answer, call the US number. You can call from Skype so that it is not an international call. Good luck!

I have an important question as I am stuck with this situation:

Is there any one (J1) who actually served the 2 year home residency condition but still applied for the Waiver, may be to arrange the waiver for his or her J2 spouse? My situation is that my wife who was on J1 served it. Now I got my H1 even without serving the J2 home residence condition. I need the same approval from the USCIS through DOS recommendation for waiver. However, it only J1 who can apply for it not me who is J2 but my J1 has actually served the condition. If she still gets the waiver recommendation from DOS only then I can get the waiver though, I also have an NOC from my government through which they have waived my J-2 condition. 

This is bit technical but if someone (J1) can answer that he and she got waiver recommendation from DOS after actually served the 2 year home residence condition, then I know how to move forward. Please reply as its urgent for me.

Thanks

Raja

Hi everyone, 

I will apply for a J-1 Visa Waiver soon and I am a bit confused about the process. Do I need to submit my applicant then the no objection statement can be sent or does the no objection statement need to be sent after the application? Then if the no objection statement is sent before my application is that ok? I appreciate your help!

14 hours ago, zubairaliraja said:

I have an important question as I am stuck with this situation:

Is there any one (J1) who actually served the 2 year home residency condition but still applied for the Waiver, may be to arrange the waiver for his or her J2 spouse? My situation is that my wife who was on J1 served it. Now I got my H1 even without serving the J2 home residence condition. I need the same approval from the USCIS through DOS recommendation for waiver. However, it only J1 who can apply for it not me who is J2 but my J1 has actually served the condition. If she still gets the waiver recommendation from DOS only then I can get the waiver though, I also have an NOC from my government through which they have waived my J-2 condition. 

This is bit technical but if someone (J1) can answer that he and she got waiver recommendation from DOS after actually served the 2 year home residence condition, then I know how to move forward. Please reply as its urgent for me.

Thanks

Raja

I don't understand. If your wife had J1 and spent 2 years in home country, where were you for those 2 years? 

3 hours ago, Rach + Deck said:

Hi everyone, 

I will apply for a J-1 Visa Waiver soon and I am a bit confused about the process. Do I need to submit my applicant then the no objection statement can be sent or does the no objection statement need to be sent after the application? Then if the no objection statement is sent before my application is that ok? I appreciate your help!

Yes, application first because you will get some numbers that you have to give your embassy to submit the no objection. Otherwise, there is no way they can match the no objection to your application. 

The number will be given to you when you fill out the application. But it is best to submit the application and then give the number to your embassy, because every time you fill out/download the application the number changes. That means that if you make a mistake, you might end up with a different number. 

I hope that is clear.

2 hours ago, Coco8 said:

I don't understand. If your wife had J1 and spent 2 years in home country, where were you for those 2 years? 

Hello Coco,

My wife left for home country in Dec 2012 to fulfill the condition but I stayed in US to start my PhD and wanted to change the status from J2 to F1. I was denied by USCIS. I got NOC for my J2 residence condition from the Embassy and came back in August 2013 to do the PhD on F1. I completed it last year in 2017.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.