Irene_sss

2018 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE

764 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Duckee said:

With the sponsor of adjustment of status, it seems like that if they are going to have an H1B visa it is faster compared to marriage base

For the expiration of visa, my visa expired last June 30th and I got my letter of approval July 2nd. It got approved June 28. I also looked at my lawyer’s previous cases that he handled (from J1 to LPR) they get their waiver from uSCIS about the time their visa expired range June 25th - July 6th dates

Lastly about the quarterly approval, I read it online before I did not believe it but it seems like they approve a lot of waiver every March, June, September and December. 

Did your visa already expired? I know it is hard to wait. I am on another phase of waiting this time for my work permit

I just sent you a message you, Duckee!

Filed: O-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
10 hours ago, Duckee said:

With the sponsor of adjustment of status, it seems like that if they are going to have an H1B visa it is faster compared to marriage base

For the expiration of visa, my visa expired last June 30th and I got my letter of approval July 2nd. It got approved June 28. I also looked at my lawyer’s previous cases that he handled (from J1 to LPR) they get their waiver from uSCIS about the time their ivisa expired range June 25th - July 6th dates

Lastly about the quarterly approval, I read it online before I did not believe it but it seems like they approve a lot of waiver every March, June, September and December. 

Did your visa already expired? I know it is hard to wait. I am on another phase of waiting this time for my work permit

I wonder if DOS also works quarterly or only uscis. Any thoughts?

Edited by fs2439

Timeline

Sharing with you guys.... Got a favorable recommendation yesterday. They never updated the extra documents I sent! xo, fs

Department of State Decision: Favorable Recommendation

Item Action Date
Recommendation Sent August, 27 2018
No Objection Statement Received July, 27 2018
Fee Received March, 08 2017
Form DS-3035 Received March, 08 2017
Form DS-2019 Received March, 08 2017
Passport Data Page Received March, 08 2017
Statement Of Reason Received March, 08 2017

1 hour ago, fs2439 said:

Sharing with you guys.... Got a favorable recommendation yesterday. They never updated the extra documents I sent! xo, fs

Item Action Date

Congrats!!! Good job!! Wow, one August recommendation! Thanks for sharing!

3 hours ago, fs2439 said:

Item Action Date

Congratulations!! Parabens!

Timeline
21 hours ago, SoniaL said:

Congrats!!! Good job!! Wow, one August recommendation! Thanks for sharing!

19 hours ago, CabacoPhD said:

Congratulations!! Parabens!

Thanks guys! Miracles can happen :)

On 8/11/2018 at 11:18 PM, NPC100 said:

Hello Guys,

My home residency requirement is because of "Home government funding"

Here is my time line!

March 7th 2018 all the documents received by DOS

June 18th 2018 No objection statement received 

July 16th Recommendation sent

July 23rd Copy of the recommendation letter received

July 25th USCIS accepted my application

July 30 Receipt notice received

August 8th 2018 USCIS/DHS website shows approval

August 11th 2018 Approval notice arrived

Thank you for posting the timelines.

Hi NPC100...which service center processed your application? My is is Vermont and they have accepted the DoS favorable recommendation at July 18, but nothing so far. Have you filled an expedited process? 

Edited by BBorges

Hi Guys, 

I wanted to share with you my timeline. Maybe it will be helpful to someone. As you can see, my process was quite long eheh...

Also, I would like to ask you about the next step. Do I have to contact USCIS already or should I wait a little bit to receive a notice from them ? In the DOS page they say we have to contact it after the favorable recommendation, but I see most of people waiting for their contact instead...

step7_waiver.png

J1Waiver_timeline.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
4 minutes ago, ericaBR said:

Hi Guys, 

I wanted to share with you my timeline. Maybe it will be helpful to someone. As you can see, my process was quite long eheh...

Also, I would like to ask you about the next step. Do I have to contact USCIS already or should I wait a little bit to receive a notice from them ? In the DOS page they say we have to contact it after the favorable recommendation, but I see most of people waiting for their contact instead...

step7_waiver.png

J1Waiver_timeline.png

You don't need to contact USCIS at all when everything goes as it should. I think the sentence means that DoS has nothing to do with the final decision and therefore you must contact USCIS to learn about your case status.

But this is my interpretation. In my case, I didn't do anything except waiting for the USCIS letters ;)

1 minute ago, Gonzala said:

You don't need to contact USCIS at all when everything goes as it should. I think the sentence means that DoS has nothing to do with the final decision and therefore you must contact USCIS to learn about your case status.

But this is my interpretation. In my case, I didn't do anything except waiting for the USCIS letters ;)

Oh got it! Thank you for your reply! :)

So, how long did it take to you to receive a notice from USCIS? Will I see any further updates in the DOS timeline?

Timeline
1 minute ago, ericaBR said:

Oh got it! Thank you for your reply! :)

So, how long did it take to you to receive a notice from USCIS? Will I see any further updates in the DOS timeline?

In my case the recommendation was sent from DoS on May 25th, I received the paper letter from DoS on May 31st and the USCIS receipt notice with my case number (I-612) on June 11th. My case was approved by USCIS on July 16th. The DoS timeline is finished and nothing will be added but you can follow your case with the USCIS number you will receive. 

But there was not much happening between received and approved though...

Timeline
2 minutes ago, ericaBR said:

Just one more question :) 

So, where I can follow the progress on my case once I have the USCIS case number? I can't find the page. 

there are 2 possibilities:

1. Case online status: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

2. You sign up for an account here and add your number as a paper file: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

In my case, the account information was more up to date but I think this can vary...

1 minute ago, Gonzala said:

there are 2 possibilities:

1. Case online status: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

2. You sign up for an account here and add your number as a paper file: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

In my case, the account information was more up to date but I think this can vary...

Thanks a lot for your help! :)

Edited by ericaBR

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.