Irene_sss

2018 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE

764 posts in this topic

HI 

I see my j1 waiver recommendation from DoS  as "recommendation sent" on 22nd June 2018. How long does it take for the letter from DoS to arrive in mail. I talked to my department administrator, acc to him my H1B (premium)  is going to California, while I will get my I-797 from USCIS Vermont,  so if he proceeds with  just the DoS letter, I-797  may not get connected. Does anyone knows how long does USCIS take to send the I-797.

I would be very thankful? 

5 minutes ago, mohitindelhi said:

HI 

I see my j1 waiver recommendation from DoS  as "recommendation sent" on 22nd June 2018. How long does it take for the letter from DoS to arrive in mail. I talked to my department administrator, acc to him my H1B (premium)  is going to California, while I will get my I-797 from USCIS Vermont,  so if he proceeds with  just the DoS letter, I-797  may not get connected. Does anyone knows how long does USCIS take to send the I-797.

Roughly 10 days, depending where the letter is being sent. 

My job applied for H1B with the DOS letter but I was in the US. If you are abroad you will need the waiver from UCSIS to go to the consulate.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
4 minutes ago, mohitindelhi said:

HI 

For me it took 6 days between recommendation sent and receiving of the letter. The waiver is now with USCIS for 1 month but I know that others wait already for 3 months.

On 6/28/2018 at 5:13 PM, mohitindelhi said:

I am also in USA

On 6/28/2018 at 5:05 PM, Coco8 said:

Roughly 10 days, depending where the letter is being sent. 

My job applied for H1B with the DOS letter but I was in the US. If you are abroad you will need the waiver from UCSIS to go to the consulate.

HI 

I just received my Letter from DOS which was sent on June 22,2018. Does anyone know how to track the I-797 at USCIS?  The letter does not have any unique case number other than the DOS case no. I t would be great if anyone could provide me the link to the website of USCIS for tascking  the generation of I-797. Waiting eagerly please?

1 hour ago, mohitindelhi said:

HI 

I just received my Letter from DOS which was sent on June 22,2018. Does anyone know how to track the I-797 at USCIS?  The letter does not have any unique case number other than the DOS case no. I t would be great if anyone could provide me the link to the website of USCIS for tascking  the generation of I-797. Waiting eagerly please?

You will get a NOA 1 from USCIS with a number you can track online. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
Just now, Duckee said:

Hi all! Got my receipt notice: approval for my waiver. This forum was a great help in this journey!!!

Congratulations!!! This is great!

1 hour ago, SoniaL said:

Hi everyone,

I just got an update on my case - saying that an incomplete information letter was Sent. What could this be about?

I'm getting very worried, any tips would be appreciated! This is a no objection case based on marriage and continuation of work.

Thank you all!

Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 17.32.25.png

I've never seen one of those before. 

What type of J1 did you have?

Most likely to forgot to fill in something on the DS 3035.

Edited by Coco8

1 hour ago, Coco8 said:

I've never seen one of those before. 

What type of J1 did you have?

Most likely to forgot to fill in something on the DS 3035.

I hope so! A J1 in Finance & Accounting, part of a management program. I didn't receive any governmental support from my home country nor from the U.S. I submitted the marriage certificate and letters from my employer ( saying they want me to continue in my role) and my husband's employer (saying he is a vital resource).

1 hour ago, SoniaL said:

I hope so! A J1 in Finance & Accounting, part of a management program. I didn't receive any governmental support from my home country nor from the U.S. I submitted the marriage certificate and letters from my employer ( saying they want me to continue in my role) and my husband's employer (saying he is a vital resource).

I don't see why you would have a problem. You have an easy case.

Hi,

I would like to share my case.

03/13/2018 : DOS received my documents (Statement of Reason, Passport Data Page, Form DS-2019. Form DS-3035, Fee).

03/22/2018: DOS received ‘No Objection Statement’.

03/28/2018 : DOS sent Recommendation to USCIS.

04/02/2018 : USCIS received my document.

04/04/2018 : My case was transferred to Vermont Service Center.

06/28/2018 : J-1 WAIVER WAS APPROVED.

07/02/2018 : I received I-797.

I checked my status almost everyday, but it seems like they changed their website a little bit. I used to have my ID and password to login but, as of today (7/2/2018), I had to recreate my account with my email information.

Edited by Joon79

HI just received the USCIS I-797C notice of action

When i am trying to check the status, it says "My Case Status does not recognize the receipt number entered. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283".

Does one have to wait for sometime? My received date is 06/27/2018 and date of notice  06/28/2018. Can anyone suggest how to get this resolved.; OR is there anyone who received I-797 recently (just to know the wait time)

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.