TBoneTX

August 2017 AOS Filers, Part II

764 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, GoodVibesOnly said:

Omg guys! I know it’s been a while and I was kind of scared after our long interview (30-40 minutes, from B2 visa) back in April and RFE for an updated medical. We sent that this past Monday and I can’t believe today I woke up and saw a text message “your case (I-485) has been updated” and I was like aaaah! Let’s see... and I found that:

”Your greencard is being produced” !!

🙌🙌🙌🙌

FINALLY!! After a long ### wait and some processing errors the greencard phase is over for us!! 

It seriously feels awesome and I truly hope everyone here gets to feel this genuine excitement of being done with this paperwork and start a more normal life in this country with your loved one(s).

THANK YOU everyone who helped in every little way, you know who you are... 🙏🙏🙏

Thank you VJ family. 💜 Definitely made the long wait (especially for EAD card lol am I right?) a looot more manageable and enjoyed our theories of how this whole process works and/or what made our case moved forward.

Also: Good luck to everyone having interviews soon! Will see you in the other side!! 🌈😊

CONGRATS!!! Really glad this is over for you... it was a wild ride!

My interview is coming up pretty soon... any tips on what you took with you and what you were asked?

August 2017 - June 2018 AoS

April 2020 - January 2021 RoC

Jan 2022 - September 2022 Citizenship

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
23 hours ago, GoodVibesOnly said:

Omg guys! I know it’s been a while and I was kind of scared after our long interview (30-40 minutes, from B2 visa) back in April and RFE for an updated medical. We sent that this past Monday and I can’t believe today I woke up and saw a text message “your case (I-485) has been updated” and I was like aaaah! Let’s see... and I found that:

🙌🙌🙌🙌

FINALLY!! After a long ### wait and some processing errors the greencard phase is over for us!! 

It seriously feels awesome and I truly hope everyone here gets to feel this genuine excitement of being done with this paperwork and start a more normal life in this country with your loved one(s).

Thank you VJ family. 💜 Definitely made the long wait (especially for EAD card lol am I right?) a looot more manageable and enjoyed our theories of how this whole process works and/or what made our case moved forward.

Also: Good luck to everyone having interviews soon! Will see you in the other side!! 🌈😊

yay! congratulations to you! 

Spoiler

AoS

August 22, 2017 - USCIS received 485, 131, 765 forms

August 24, 2017 - NOA1 Notice Date for 485, 131, 765

August 25, 2017 - Biometrics Notice Date 

September 15, 2017 - Biometrics Appointment for 485 and 765 Completed 

March 30, 2018 - Received RFE for I-131 (in hand April 5th) It was a request for more information because I (wife) filled the preparer's section of the form *face palm*

April 11, 2018 - USCIS  notification that our RFIE was received. 

May 18, 2018 - email from USCIS "new card is being produced" (269 days)

May 23, 2018 - Card was Mailed to me (e-notification)

May 25, 2018 - NOAs for EAD/AP approval  (mail)

May 26, 2018 - received combo card!! 

June 20, 2018 - Green Card Interview Date Notice

July 26, 2018 - Green Card Interview

August 3, 2018 - Green Card in hand!!

Spoiler

K-1 Visa

December 2, 2016 - sent I-129F packet from Cartagena to my US mailing address

December 5, 2016 - my mom sent I-129F pack to Lewsville, TX

Decmber 6, 2016 - I-129F packet received

December 9. 2016 - NOA1 e-notification receipt

December 15, 2016 - NOA1 hardcopy

March 8, 2017 - NOA2 APPROVED

March 21, 2017 - NVC CASE # 

April 26-29 - Lab, Medical Exam, and Fingerprints done

May 2, 2017 - Interview in Bogotá  && APPROVED!

July 19, 2017 -THE LOML & I TRAVEL TO USA

July 27, 2017 - Married 

3 hours ago, yogabbaz said:

AFTER 269 DAYS OF WAITING - WE FINALLY GOT AN EMAIL NOTIFICATION THAT "NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED" FOR OUR EAD FINALLYYYYYYYY!

It only shows on the USCIS app but looking forward to the next update that it will be sent out! Such a relief that we finally got that notification! 

I had contacted the Ombudsman and my Senator and they both had sent the same email saying that we would receive notice of action or decision "shortly" and that literally took about a month until we got this email that our card is being produced. So frustrating but what a relief!

Holy #######! That's so insane. And all because you accidentally put your own name as the preparer and they couldn't ignore that...

Congrats!!

August 2017 - June 2018 AoS

April 2020 - January 2021 RoC

Jan 2022 - September 2022 Citizenship

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Hamilton said:

Holy #######! That's so insane. And all because you accidentally put your own name as the preparer and they couldn't ignore that...

Congrats!!

Right?? SO crazy! But relieved :phew:  Thank you! and I hope the other VJer who has been waiting much longer than I have hears something soon too...

Spoiler

AoS

August 22, 2017 - USCIS received 485, 131, 765 forms

August 24, 2017 - NOA1 Notice Date for 485, 131, 765

August 25, 2017 - Biometrics Notice Date 

September 15, 2017 - Biometrics Appointment for 485 and 765 Completed 

March 30, 2018 - Received RFE for I-131 (in hand April 5th) It was a request for more information because I (wife) filled the preparer's section of the form *face palm*

April 11, 2018 - USCIS  notification that our RFIE was received. 

May 18, 2018 - email from USCIS "new card is being produced" (269 days)

May 23, 2018 - Card was Mailed to me (e-notification)

May 25, 2018 - NOAs for EAD/AP approval  (mail)

May 26, 2018 - received combo card!! 

June 20, 2018 - Green Card Interview Date Notice

July 26, 2018 - Green Card Interview

August 3, 2018 - Green Card in hand!!

Spoiler

K-1 Visa

December 2, 2016 - sent I-129F packet from Cartagena to my US mailing address

December 5, 2016 - my mom sent I-129F pack to Lewsville, TX

Decmber 6, 2016 - I-129F packet received

December 9. 2016 - NOA1 e-notification receipt

December 15, 2016 - NOA1 hardcopy

March 8, 2017 - NOA2 APPROVED

March 21, 2017 - NVC CASE # 

April 26-29 - Lab, Medical Exam, and Fingerprints done

May 2, 2017 - Interview in Bogotá  && APPROVED!

July 19, 2017 -THE LOML & I TRAVEL TO USA

July 27, 2017 - Married 

Filed: Other Timeline
On 3/6/2018 at 5:42 PM, GoodVibesOnly said:

AND OMG I ALSO THOUGHT THIS DAY MAY NEVER COME BUT:

After waiting for 214 days (EAD)... this is my latest update as of today

”New card is being produced” 

🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

!!!!!!!! *dance of victory* !!!!!!!!!!

It feels SURREAL man 

THANK YOU to everyone who shared this journey and provided help, tips and good vibes all the way. 💜

Congratulations GoodVibesOnly!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hey Guys,

Been reading your posts and i realized y'all got a status update for case is ready to be scheduled for an interview way back in 2017 or earlier this year. My case is still at RFIE received since October last year. I have received my EAD/AP two months ago. Should I be concerned? Anyone else in this same plight?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, dnkwame417 said:

Hey Guys,

Been reading your posts and i realized y'all got a status update for case is ready to be scheduled for an interview way back in 2017 or earlier this year. My case is still at RFIE received since October last year. I have received my EAD/AP two months ago. Should I be concerned? Anyone else in this same plight?

Same here, got EAD in march, status still RFIE received in Feb. I am still getting the weekly email saying we have no updates for your case.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 5/24/2018 at 10:51 AM, Hamilton said:

lol just got an update that my EAD was delivered to me (I got the card two and a half months ago). 

Ha ha 😂 I got the same update text and email I was getting excited but I saw the receipt number , USCIS is playing with our feelings lol.

Timeline
On 5/21/2018 at 12:12 PM, TanV said:

Omg guys!!!! I just got the letter with my interview appointment!!! This morning I checked my case on USCIS website and it was still

on “we got your fingerprint fee.. bla bla bla” and then I went to check my mail and it was there !!!!! Omg I am so happy !!! 

🎊🎊😌😌😌😌 

p.s. it is scheduled on june 20 :)

Congratulations I'm stuck in Biometrics too with no updates. Can I ask Where did you applied ? I'm in Phoenix Arizona . Thanks and Best wishes on your interview.

Timeline
On 5/19/2018 at 10:32 AM, GoodVibesOnly said:

🙌🙌🙌🙌

Aww that's Awesome, so happy for you 🤗 Congratulations 🎉🎉God bless .

For you with informed delivery..... How long did it take for it to show that the card was on its way to you? I got an e-mail on Friday that my GC has been sent to me but it still doesn't show on my USPS informed delivery. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.