TBoneTX

August 2017 AOS Filers, Part II

764 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Londonergirl said:

For you with informed delivery..... How long did it take for it to show that the card was on its way to you? I got an e-mail on Friday that my GC has been sent to me but it still doesn't show on my USPS informed delivery. 

I do not have informed delivery but for some reason I can see the tracking number on my Case Tracker App and see where the GC is right now and expected delivery date for Tuesday (although it is just 2 hours away from here lol but holidays). The status is: "Card Was Picked Up by the United States Postal Service."

They sent me the e-mail and SMS on Thursday that the GC was mailed.

Maybe try the App and see if it shows something else/more?

Timeline (From B2 visa to AOS)

July 15, 2016 -> Got married
August 3, 2017 -> Mailed AOS packet (I-130, I-485, I-765)
August 4, 2017 -> Package received
August 14, 2017 -> NOA for I-130 and I-485 (not I-765... called multiple times to ask about this but was told to wait)
August 25, 2017 -> NOA for Biometrics Appt (I-485)
August 30, 2017 -> Sent email asking to look for I-765 (My I-765 was LOST)
September 8, 2017 -> Biometrics Appt for I-485
September 26, 2017 -> Received email from USCIS I-765 found and PD August 4
October, 2017 -> NOA for I-765 and Tier 2 officer cancelled 2nd biometrics

November 3, 2017 -> Raised SR online for I-765

December 11, 2017 -> SR showed as "completed" by the assigned officer

January 8, 2018 -> Name was updated 

January 18, 2018 -> interview scheduled

1 hour ago, GoodVibesOnly said:

I do not have informed delivery but for some reason I can see the tracking number on my Case Tracker App and see where the GC is right now and expected delivery date for Tuesday (although it is just 2 hours away from here lol but holidays). The status is: "Card Was Picked Up by the United States Postal Service."

What app is this? :o 
I have checked the email that Uscis sent to me and there are no tracking details in it.... When I log into the two uscis sites it just says

that they have shipped my card but no other details. 

Edited by Londonergirl

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 5/26/2018 at 6:37 PM, Canelita said:

Congratulations I'm stuck in Biometrics too with no updates. Can I ask Where did you applied ? I'm in Phoenix Arizona . Thanks and Best wishes on your interview.

My field office is Kansas City MO. 

Thanks 🙏 ;)

21 hours ago, GoodVibesOnly said:

Alright, I found the app now. But it gives me the same information as the Uscis website. 

3 hours ago, Londonergirl said:

Alright, I found the app now. But it gives me the same information as the Uscis website. 

Oh! Mmm... 🤔 maybe the USPS hasn’t picked up the card yet from the USCIS office? Maybe because it was Friday (in your case) and maybe they took action in the evening and the usps guys pick up cards in certain days and times? Not sure. Mine was “mailed” on Thursday and “picked up” by the usps guys on Saturday. They send it to you via priority mail. It’s been a long weekend, I’d say they will notify you of any action this week, hopefully tomorrow! 😊

2E3AF8AA-3E2B-4E59-82DA-4E1134E0C8E7.jpeg

Timeline (From B2 visa to AOS)

July 15, 2016 -> Got married
August 3, 2017 -> Mailed AOS packet (I-130, I-485, I-765)
August 4, 2017 -> Package received
August 14, 2017 -> NOA for I-130 and I-485 (not I-765... called multiple times to ask about this but was told to wait)
August 25, 2017 -> NOA for Biometrics Appt (I-485)
August 30, 2017 -> Sent email asking to look for I-765 (My I-765 was LOST)
September 8, 2017 -> Biometrics Appt for I-485
September 26, 2017 -> Received email from USCIS I-765 found and PD August 4
October, 2017 -> NOA for I-765 and Tier 2 officer cancelled 2nd biometrics

November 3, 2017 -> Raised SR online for I-765

December 11, 2017 -> SR showed as "completed" by the assigned officer

January 8, 2018 -> Name was updated 

January 18, 2018 -> interview scheduled

On 5/28/2018 at 1:54 PM, GoodVibesOnly said:

Oh! Mmm... 🤔 maybe the USPS hasn’t picked up the card yet from the USCIS office? Maybe because it was Friday (in your case) and maybe they took action in the evening and the usps guys pick up cards in certain days and times? Not sure. Mine was “mailed” on Thursday and “picked up” by the usps guys on Saturday. They send it to you via priority mail. It’s been a long weekend, I’d say they will notify you of any action this week, hopefully tomorrow! 😊

Thanks!! :D It says the same on mine now!

Anyone here get any updates regarding interviews lately? We're still waiting for our notice to come. I've gotten the usual "we're still reviewing your case" emails a couple times now but that's it. Hoping we all get our interviews before August so we don't have to re-do medicals. :whistle:

On 5/24/2018 at 10:47 AM, Louv said:

Same here, got EAD in march, status still RFIE received in Feb. I am still getting the weekly email saying we have no updates for your case.

Hi have you checked your case on myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov? That's where mine says I'm being scheduled for the interview and on egov.uscis.gov it says "we received your rfe response"... 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 5/29/2018 at 6:18 PM, mushroomspore said:

Anyone here get any updates regarding interviews lately? We're still waiting for our notice to come. I've gotten the usual "we're still reviewing your case" emails a couple times now but that's it. Hoping we all get our interviews before August so we don't have to re-do medicals. :whistle:

No updates at all I'm stuck on biometrics, praying for all of us and hoping our interviews come before August i don't want to get vaccines again i hate needles. Good thing the Congress office are reaching USCIS every month about my case, same response ( normal times 14-23 months for Phoenix)but at least i know somebody is on my side 😊.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Canelita said:

No updates at all I'm stuck on biometrics, praying for all of us and hoping our interviews come before August i don't want to get vaccines again i hate needles. Good thing the Congress office are reaching USCIS every month about my case, same response ( normal times 14-23 months for Phoenix)but at least i know somebody is on my side 😊.

Still around sending positivity for you. 

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 6/2/2018 at 6:11 PM, Canelita said:

Thank you I'm on *Day 302 .

Case still at RFIE received on the I485. Called and spoke to tier 2 as to why I haven't received the " we are scheduling your interview notice", the Uscis agent said i have been placed in a pick list since May 9th and waiting for a slot to open at my local office and I will hear something within 90 days and if not to call back. I don't know if that update is the same as " We are scheduling your interview" but the waiting process continues.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
39 minutes ago, dnkwame417 said:

Case still at RFIE received on the I485. Called and spoke to tier 2 as to why I haven't received the " we are scheduling your interview notice", the Uscis agent said i have been placed in a pick list since May 9th and waiting for a slot to open at my local office and I will hear something within 90 days and if not to call back. I don't know if that update is the same as " We are scheduling your interview" but the waiting process continues.

Hopefully you get good news any time soon, I signed my account USCIS I found out on January 10 "We are Scheduling your Interview"  but its been a while and nothing, I don't want to call and get mad cause the IO last time just told me to wait and gave me the long processing times for my local office. I might call anyways, but I'll be mentally prepare for the useless answers 😂lol. The best I can do is pray for all.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, Canelita said:

Hopefully you get good news any time soon, I signed my account USCIS I found out on January 10 "We are Scheduling your Interview"  but its been a while and nothing, I don't want to call and get mad cause the IO last time just told me to wait and gave me the long processing times for my local office. I might call anyways, but I'll be mentally prepare for the useless answers 😂lol. The best I can do is pray for all.

Yeah those processing times are a joke. I checked about a week ago and my local office were working on May 2017 cases and just late last week i checked and they are now working on 2016 cases. I mean HOW???

7 hours ago, Canelita said:

I'm also debating on calling them. I'd like to know if our case has been transferred to the field office or is still waiting to be scheduled for an interview. Half of me can't be bothered but the other half says to call. After all, the only reason our EAD got approved was because I contacted my senator who managed to get them to look at our case.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.