TBoneTX

May 2017 I-129F Filers, Part III

632 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, Trinab80 said:

DS-160 is completely filled out and passport photo has been uploaded (thanks to me of course ;)). Tomorrow, Reni and I will review it together to make sure all is good and then he will e-sign, submit and print the confirmation page. Then I will pay the visa fee. Hopefully, we can schedule the interview and medical exam tomorrow, even though our case is still saying "at NVC" on the CEAC case tracker. 

Should I be worried that it's still at the NVC??? I mean, I just got my case # on Monday and I know it suppose to be about 5-7 days before it goes to the JA Embassy but shouldn't it be "in transit" by now, or is this my paranoia kicking in? Should I wait until I see the case is "in transit" before we schedule the interview and medical exam or just do it anyway?

Happy to see you making good progress man but I think you should wait until it say ready before you make those appointments the good news is that it seem interview date is easy to come by at the Kingston embassy. Think I see where someone had a interview 15days after making appointments so your 85% there I will continue to pray for you can't wait to see that post from you saying ( approved ) :dance: god willing 

13 minutes ago, Jeffreyyu said:

Happy to see you making good progress man but I think you should wait until it say ready before you make those appointments the good news is that it seem interview date is easy to come by at the Kingston embassy. Think I see where someone had a interview 15days after making appointments so your 85% there I will continue to pray for you can't wait to see that post from you saying ( approved ) :dance: god willing 

I'm gonna wait until it gets to the embassy. I'm just ready to go and get this done. 

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
On 2018/3/22 at 1:41 PM, Naes said:

@AK&JO @Minori @watahana87

Hi guys 

did any of you need to bring the “original” birth certificate of the us citizen (petitioner) to the interview? Or any other “original” form of ID from the petitioner.

@Naes

Sorry for being late. I was not logged in at VJ recently.

For my case I brought original birth certificate but it was returned at the reception of the embassy on interview because the copy of same birth certificate was already submitted when we filed K-1 visa. You might want to call the call center of embassy to make sure.

Affdavite of support for can be copy but the signature of the petitoner has to be wet one which I got advice from my immigration attorney.

Other than that health check and police record are unopened envelopes and original.

If you let me know what specifically you worry about whether you need as original or not I am happy to answer:)

3 hours ago, Jeffreyyu said:

Congratulations I'm so happy and proud of you girl lol god answer players Poe next gods willing 

Thanks so much my friend , thanks for all your support , I got you in my prayers 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello may filers, January filer here.

I would like to ask if there is any filer here that has Brazilian fiancé (e)? I wanted to get some insight on interview and the medical exam costs.

Also, I'd like to know if anyone is going to or has had their medical done in Brasilia, Brazil?

Thank you all.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, SilverMonk said:

Hello may filers, January filer here.

I would like to ask if there is any filer here that has Brazilian fiancé (e)? I wanted to get some insight on interview and the medical exam costs.

Also, I'd like to know if anyone is going to or has had their medical done in Brasilia, Brazil?

Thank you all.

I'm a may filer and brazilian. My interview was in november, and maybe I can help you with your questions. My medical exams were done in Sao Paulo tho

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well, I think we are back on track. We are now on our third NOA2 approving our petition. We received our first NOA2 on November 17, 2017. I called the USCIS toward the end of January 2018. We then received our second NOA2 on February 1st. We then received an email on February 14th stating that the Department of State sent our case back to the USCIS for review. My guess is that the USCIS inadvertently sent our case to the NVC without notating that it had been approved. We played the waiting game again and received another email on March 28th stating that the USCIS had reopened our case. Just this morning (April 5) we received an email stating that our petition had been approved. We are hopeful that things will go much smoother from here on out. :)

Edited by TBoneTX

On 3 April 2018 at 9:26 PM, KristaDaniel87 said:

Hello everyone I have been following this trend for some time and barely decided to make a account to correspond. I have a question if anyone can help me out. My fiance has his interview on the 25 and he is trying to tell me that he doesn't need a sponsor for the simple fact that he has more than enough money in his savings and banking accounts. I'm thinking about sending my tax forms to him just in case. Is a sponsor required in order to be approved for the visa?

Hi . Would it be okay if we can have whatsap chat and if possible have a whatsapp group both petitioners and benefeciaries who are preparing for the interview in Ghana . Check your inbox 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hello everyone!!

I am trying to fill i-485 out and have a couple of questions.

#1 The very first part, my current legal name: I got married with K1 visa but have not done anything to legally change my last name. Should I just put my birth name here or my husband's last name? VJ i-485 page says to "use the non US Citizen spouse's married name on this form and list previous name/names" but I don't know if i am understanding this sentence. AND I am willing to change my last name to my husbands' name completely legally :)

#2  I need to provide my address history of the past 5 years, but I have a question about this part.

So i came to the US with K1 visa which is NON-immigrant visa, so my current address should be the place I lived before coming to the U.S?

It has been a long time since the last time i came to this page, I apologize if anyone already asked these questions but somebody please help!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

Our case has is READY!!!! It's at the JA Embassy!!! OMG....its finally has come for us to schedule everything today!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.