julyk12017

March 2018 NOA2 ---> NVC thread

2,723 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
9 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Hi Jason. The first time there was any mention of anything other than the K-1 was at the “READY” stage. Hopefully all of your K-2s are included. This may be an easy fix but right now I fear the worst. You can call as they will have all names on the petition. NVC told me Rose’s and AJ’s names but said they had no Aira. 

I called the NVC after reading your response and they said they had no record of a K-2 and I would have to call the USCIS Thursday morning.  I panicked and reviewed the application for the 1,000th time just to make sure I included her.  I called the NVC a second time.  Second call and different representative found the daughter's records and confirmed that both the K1 and K2 information  will be sent to the embassy soon. 

Good luck.  I hope your daughter's K2 can be corrected quickly. - Jason

6 hours ago, Just-in-case18 said:

Quick question! 

My fiancés passport has gone through the wash so the gold on the UK passport is gone.. 

do you suggest getting a new one? As I know London can be kinda picky with passport conditions 

thanks! 

I don't believe the missing gold emblem would bar you from using it, but I will offer you this bit of information gleaned from the UK's passport website:

A damaged passport is one which isn't in a condition to be accepted as proof of identity. Damage may include the following:

• details are indecipherable
  • the laminate has lifted enough to allow the possibility of photo substitution
  • discoloration to the bio-data page
  • chemical or ink spillage on any page
  • missing or detached pages
  • the chip or antenna shows through the end paper on the back cover for the new style e-passports
  • the chip has been identified as damaged after investigation

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/damaged-and-faulty-passports/damaged-and-faulty-passports-policy

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

1 hour ago, yselliegirl said:

Hi John! I was unable to pay at BPI yesterday since work was crazy. Can I do the DS160 now and wait after I pay the visa fee in BPI on Monday before I book an interview schedule? 

The DS-160 doesn't have to be done now at this juncture. You can wait a week, a month just as long as it is done prior to your interview.

4 hours ago, jeine said:

Thank you so much! 🙂

4 hours ago, Jayhay said:

awesome thank you :) 

Your both welcome. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

I don't believe the missing gold emblem would bar you from using it, but I will offer you this bit of information gleaned from the UK's passport website:

A damaged passport is one which isn't in a condition to be accepted as proof of identity. Damage may include the following:

• details are indecipherable
  • the laminate has lifted enough to allow the possibility of photo substitution
  • discoloration to the bio-data page
  • chemical or ink spillage on any page
  • missing or detached pages
  • the chip or antenna shows through the end paper on the back cover for the new style e-passports
  • the chip has been identified as damaged after investigation

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/damaged-and-faulty-passports/damaged-and-faulty-passports-policy

Thank you!! That’s what I figured :) 

Told him to go submit the app for a new one tomorrow haha 

2 hours ago, Amit M said:

@Swissmiss82 I have a question and you’re the only person I can think of but others can chime in too. 

For police background check: THe instructions say to get police clearance certificate from present country and all countries where we have lived for more than 6months. Does that mean that since you and I have been in the US on a student visa for more than 6months then we have to get police certificate from US too? If yes then how do we work on that?

No need for PC from the USA as part of the application all data bases are checked against both your names. Other countries YES if they meet the 6 months and older than 13.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

4 minutes ago, Just-in-case18 said:

Thank you!! That’s what I figured :) 

Told him to go submit the app for a new one tomorrow haha 

:D Glad I could help.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

Hi Jason. The first time there was any mention of anything other than the K-1 was at the “READY” stage. Hopefully all of your K-2s are included. This may be an easy fix but right now I fear the worst. You can call as they will have all names on the petition. NVC told me Rose’s and AJ’s names but said they had no Aira. 

John - I have never heard of this happening to anyone. I'm glad you looked into it. Take a deep breath as everyone is depending on you. I learned through the process to share only what is necessary with the family and that which would not get my fiancé or the kids worried till I had figured out or repaired the problem then I would share it. Of course if it required my wife to have to do something we would discuss it.

You're do a fine job. I think you will get to the bottom of this and Aira will be with you guys. I'm am sure the Embassy has had this situation before and they know how to handle it in a expeditious way.

Keep us posted as to your progress. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

2 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

John - I have never heard of this happening to anyone. I'm glad you looked into it. Take a deep breath as everyone is depending on you. I learned through the process to share only what is necessary with the family and that which would not get my fiancé or the kids worried till I had figured out or repaired the problem then I would share it. Of course if it required my wife to have to do something we would discuss it.

You're do a fine job. I think you will get to the bottom of this and Aira will be with you guys. I'm am sure the Embassy has had this situation before and they know how to handle it in a expeditious way.

Keep us posted as to your progress. 

Will do.  The person at NVC said we have time to fix it and I looked through all the paperwork and she is definitely included in the petition.  Since they are closed for the Easter holiday until Monday, I emailed the Immigrant Visa section at the embassy with all pertinent information including Aira's DS-160 confirmation, MRV payment confirmation and interview confirmation.  I also included a copy of the original I-129f without all the extras so they can see she was always included.  

Unfortunately, Rose noticed that the status only had two numbers assigned so I had to respond.  We handled it as a joke and we teased Aira a little.  She is OK.  She has no idea how concerned I actually am about this.  I am going to do all I can to fix it and the guy at NVC didn't think it was a big problem.  He just said since the case was already in Manila he couldn't do anything from here.  He told me to call the embassy on Monday.  I guess cautiously optimistic is a good explanation of my feeling right now.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Fiji
Timeline
10 hours ago, Swissmiss82 said:

ughhh just called again and had a lovely JAX on the phone... but.. sadly same answer, that the case got there 23rd, and we have to wait :(

he was nice enough to explain though, that K1's are usually expedited due to the short approval time on the NOA2! so it never takes 8 weeks as they say on the phone :) alright, at least something new right?

i'll try again before i go to sleep in about 4-5 hours :( but yeah... i was just hoping to get it by tomorrow as we have the 4 day easter weekend and eveeeerything (doc's and embassy) will be closed until tuesday :( please cross your fingers that somebody is literally working on it right now 

I spoke to Jax 3 times in the last week, and he really is so sweet. But stay positive because its coming soon yours will be in transit. fingers crossed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
8 hours ago, mikgallagher said:

Hello all.

Does anyone have an estimated timeline on how long cases remain at NVC prior to being sent to an Embassy?

NOA2 is dated 14 Mar 18.

NVC received 23 Mar 18.

NVC number received 26 Mar 18.

When I check the website ( it still reflects at NVC?

Not sure if the receiving Embassy makes a difference or not, but in our case it is the US Embassy in Thailand who should receive our packet.

Ours was around 4 working days. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

The DS-160 doesn't have to be done now at this juncture. You can wait a week, a month just as long as it is done prior to your interview.

Your both welcome. :thumbs:

Hi! WHat do I answer in the intended length of stay in US question in DS 160? 

—- oh it disappeared when I put K1.

Edited by yselliegirl

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, kendraf said:

The only approved places are Vancouver .. Toronto or Montreal and you have to do it at least 5 business days before the interview! :(

Oh wow.. maybe just do it in Montreal then. Atleast it will be at the same place. Just get an airbnb for like 3-4 days.

6 hours ago, KAF said:

Hello. Congratulations. Did you wait till nvc received your case before you asked to be expedited? I want to expedite ours too. NVC has not received it yet.

Hi, thank you! 

I never asked to be expedited actually. I think they usually expedite K1s at the NVC because the expiration date on the NOA2 is quite short.

h

5 hours ago, Amit M said:

@Swissmiss82 I have a question and you’re the only person I can think of but others can chime in too. 

For police background check: THe instructions say to get police clearance certificate from present country and all countries where we have lived for more than 6months. Does that mean that since you and I have been in the US on a student visa for more than 6months then we have to get police certificate from US too? If yes then how do we work on that?

no, not of the US itself. They already do their own background check. But every other country, even if you were traveling for more than 6 months, living, studying etc. wherever you basically registered - but the USA. also check on your embassies website if the police certificate has to be notarized or just a simple copy is enough. 

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.