2,253 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

can someone help me understand a statement. USCIS replied to senator's inquiry that 

Your constituent’s case is pending review with an adjudications officer. Your constituent should receive a notice of action on his case within 30-45 days. Please contact us again if the timeframe has expired and the constituent has not received a notice of action* from USCIS. 

*A notice of action may be in a form of Approval Notice, Denial Notice, Transfer Notice, Request for Evidence, Notice of Intent to Deny or Notice of Intent to Revoke."

online status never updated since i filed my case. online status show " can not provide at this time". normally USCIS does not give that accurate statement with a time frame. So that confuses me that is it a random statement or is it really mean something because usually USCUS agents can not see what's going on when they check or at least this is the impression i got after talking with them on 800 number.

can someone advise on this???

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
24 minutes ago, fredricksburg said:

can someone help me understand a statement. USCIS replied to senator's inquiry that 

Your constituent’s case is pending review with an adjudications officer. Your constituent should receive a notice of action on his case within 30-45 days. Please contact us again if the timeframe has expired and the constituent has not received a notice of action* from USCIS. 

*A notice of action may be in a form of Approval Notice, Denial Notice, Transfer Notice, Request for Evidence, Notice of Intent to Deny or Notice of Intent to Revoke."

online status never updated since i filed my case. online status show " can not provide at this time". normally USCIS does not give that accurate statement with a time frame. So that confuses me that is it a random statement or is it really mean something because usually USCUS agents can not see what's going on when they check or at least this is the impression i got after talking with them on 800 number.

The statement is pretty straightforward: You should expect some news within 45 days. News can be in the form of Approval, Denial, Transfer, Request for more info, etc...  If no news, contact us again.

K1 Visa Journey

Event Date
Service Center: Vermont Service Center
Consulate: Montreal, Canada
I-129F Sent: 2012-12-27
I-129F NOA1: 2013-01-17
I-129F RFE(s): 2013-05-31
RFE Reply(s): 2013-06-04
I-129F NOA2: 2013-12-19

Consulate Received: 2014-04-17
Packet 3 Received: 2014-06-13
Packet 3 Sent: 2014-06-17
Packet 4 Received: 2014-08-27
Interview Date: 2014-10-24

Interview Result: Administrative Review
Second Interview
(If Required): No
Approved: 2014-07-17
Visa in hand: 2014-07-21

Adjustment of Status

Event Date
CIS Office: Chicago Lockbox/Tampa FL
Date Filed: 2015-12-07
NOA Date: 2015-12-16
NOA Hardcopy: 2015-12-21
RFE(s):
Bio. Appt.:
AOS Transfer**:
Interview Date:
Approval / Denial Date:
Approved:
Got I551 Stamp:
Green card Received:
Comments: Angry white men be like

xfarp.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
1 hour ago, fredricksburg said:

If what they said is true, it means that your case has already been assigned to an adjudicator and will be processed within 30-45 days.  You will either receive Approval or RFE.  A straight denial is not common for I-751s.  The denial usually happens very early on because of incorrect fee, filing too early, or missing a copy of green card etc.

Honestly, I would not try to write them at this point.  They take the posted processing time frame (which is 15-19.5 months currently for CSC) as a gate keeper for inquiry.  They are responding to your Senator’s inquiry because they are required to, but in a way what they really are saying (behind all those formal words) is: “It is not your turn yet.  You can keep asking every 30-45 days.  If we have an answer, we will tell you.  If not, we will tell you this very same thing.”

And for your information: Congressional’s inquiries are handled by a dedicated team at each Service Center or Field Office, wherever your case is located.  They do have access to real time information down to where your physical file is, who is assigned to it, and what has been done so far (if at all).  These dedicated staff are of higher level than those Tier 1 parrots on the 1-800 number.

Edited by GBOS

Timeline

Good morning everyone,

RFE received on February 8 and sent our package last Friday and they received the day after, on Saturday.

We recently changed our address, so they wanted proof of good faith marriage to see if we moved together.

So this is what I sent:

03/08/2018

USCIS
ATTN: I-751 - RFE
USCIS California Service Center
P.O. Box 10590
Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-0590

Re: Request for Evidence I-797E, Notice of Action.

Dear Sir or Madam,
I, xxxxxxxxxx, a United States Citizen, am submitting the response of Request of Evidence for my spouse, xxxxxxx, a citizen of Italy, and a resident of the United States. Attached you will find the response you requested in I-797E, Notice of Action.
Some of the documents requested are not included in the package, an honest explanation is attached.

Enclosed, please find:

1)    I-797E, Notice of Action.
2)    An affidavit from my sister, stating that we are currently living with her and that our marriage is genuine and bone fide.
3)    A copy of our married filed jointly 2017 tax return.
4)    A copy of TurboTax proof of payment for 2017 taxes.
5)    A copy of our married filed jointly 2018 tax return.
6)    A copy of TurboTax proof of payment for 2018 taxes.
7)    A copy of my husband’s signed job offer letter. 
8)    A copy of my husband’s New Hire Employee information stating our new home address.
9)    A copy of my husband’s first paycheck addressed to our new home address.
10)    A copy of Giulia’s signed job offer letter, stating she is working in California and addressed to our new home address.  
11)    A copy of Giulia’s first paycheck addressed to our new home address.
12)    Copies of our Michigan drivers’ licenses, stating we have lived at the same residence. We haven’t got our California driver licenses, yet. 
13)    A copy of Giulia’s appointment to the DMV to apply for California Real ID. 
14)    A copy of my husband's appointment to the DMV to apply for California Real ID and register his vehicle.
15)    Copies of mail we received at our current address in California addressed to both of us.
16)    A copy of our  Healthcare Provider January 2019 health insurance invoice.
17)    A copy of my wife, Giulia, health coverage through employer, stating I am covered under her insurance for dental and vision starting January 28, 2019.
18)    Copies of our Sprint bills which show two unique phone numbers. We are also including call logs that show almost daily conversations between us from October 2018 thru January 2019.
19)    A copy of my husband and wife recent family trip flight itinerary to Italy for my sister-in-law’s wedding. 
20)    A copy of my grandma and my mother’s flight itinerary to Italy for my sister-in-law’s wedding.
21)    A copy of my husband's passport stamps from and to Italy.
22)    A copy of Giulia Bluestein’s passport stamp back to the USA from Italy.
23)    A compilation of pictures from May 2018 to February 2019, including our family trip to Italy with my mother and my grandma.
24)    Explanation of missing documents requested on I-797E.

Sincerely,
My husband's Signature

We also attached an explanation of missing documents such as mortgage or children's birth certificates.

We have never owned a house, since we have been living with my mother-in-law and now with my sister-in-law until we'll find our own place.

Hope this can help. We are pretty relaxed about the process. We continue with our lives, and next month I can apply for citizenship. I hope that I will get approved prior to that.

We will see how the process goes.

:)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Sooooo USPS (post office) lost my letter from USCIS. It was showing in the informed delivery email Saturday, but never made it to my house. I gave it time to see if it came today and it didn't. When I asked the mail lady she said she doesn't know what happened to it, and it should had been delivered Saturday so probably was delivered somewhere else 🙄.  The letter should say where my case was transfered to. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, LTSC said:

Sooooo USPS (post office) lost my letter from USCIS. It was showing in the informed delivery email Saturday, but never made it to my house. I gave it time to see if it came today and it didn't. When I asked the mail lady she said she doesn't know what happened to it, and it should had been delivered Saturday so probably was delivered somewhere else 🙄.  The letter should say where my case was transfered to. 

You can call 1-800-375-5283, the automated system will tell you where your case is going to.  There are only most likely three scenarios:

If you have not filed N-400 and if you are at California Service Center, your file will likely go to Nebraska Service Center

If you have not filed N-400 and if you are at Vermont Service Center, your file will likely go to Texas Service Center

If you have filed for N-400, your file will go to National Benefits Center in Lee Summit, Missouri (regardless of your current location of I-751 file).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
23 hours ago, Summer19 said:

Hello everyone , 

i am a March 2018 filer as well ! I don’t usually check the case status for updates because for the longest there was no update and I got discouraged.. however on March 5th (then it changed to the 6th) I also received the transfer notice . I hope we all hear some good news soon because this process is long and frustrating .. my eac#  start with 181135! I didn’t see any one mentioning 35 .. 

12083F16-6027-4F13-8737-B0885A8E0F6E.jpeg

My wife just got the same notification after sitting in limbo for almost a year.  Her case has been moved to the Texas Service Center (which is odd since all of mine and my other family members cases were handled by VSC).  Crossing fingers and hoping that this won't take much longer.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 hour ago, GBOS said:

You can call 1-800-375-5283, the automated system will tell you where your case is going to.  There are only most likely three scenarios:

If you have not filed N-400 and if you are at California Service Center, your file will likely go to Nebraska Service Center

If you have not filed N-400 and if you are at Vermont Service Center, your file will likely go to Texas Service Center

If you have filed for N-400, your file will go to National Benefits Center in Lee Summit, Missouri (regardless of your current location of I-751 file).

Thanks! 

I was at CSC. Haven't filed N 400 yet, my window opens tomorrow. Don't know if I should wait until the i751 is ready or go ahead and do it. 😬

2 cases before mine got approved today. The individual filed March 11. Perhaps i might get something later in the week.

STAGE 4: Removal of Conditions

03/19/18: I-751 mailed - Vermont Service Center

03/22/18: I-751 delivered to Vermont Service Center

03/23/18: Check Cashed

03/28/18: NOA1

05/29/2018: Biometrics

03/19/2019 : Transferred to Dallas Field Office

Naturalization

02/27/19: N-400 Filed Online

02/27/19: NOA1

03/05/19: Biometrics

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
5 hours ago, GBOS said:

Calling the 800 number, How do you enter the EAC number beginning in your call or just the numbers. 

Thanks 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Cross32 said:

Calling the 800 number, How do you enter the EAC number beginning in your call or just the numbers. 

Thanks 

3-2-2 = EAC

9-2-2 = WAC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.