Shamrox76

SECOND TIME OF FILING K-1 VISA

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

This would be the second time am filing for the K-1 visa.First,about 4 years now got approved and he eventually moved to the States.We then got married but divorced along the way and revoked the petition.I filed the second,a couple of months ago for my new fiance after visiting him last year.How do I build a good/strong case for my petition and also his visa approved?

Thanks for your time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Shamrox76 said:

This would be the second time am filing for the K-1 visa.First,about 4 years now got approved and he eventually moved to the States.We then got married but divorced along the way and revoked the petition.I filed the second,a couple of months ago for my new fiance after visiting him last year.How do I build a good/strong case for my petition and also his visa approved?

Thanks for your time.

Well I would guess a lot of in person time spent together. You went through the process and got married, got divorced, and now have another fiancé for at least a year. Are both from the same Country, and is there an age divorce, and how long were you actually married and living together. I see you going through Ghana and it’s a high Fraud Country. I would have done a Marriage Visa instead. I don’t think one visit is going to work on this one.  But that’s just my opinion. Good luck 

Timeline

Hello thanks very much for the great response.I was actually married and lived together with my ex for a period of 6-7  months before divorce.No they both do not come from the same country and the age difference between my new fiance and me is 6 years.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

woah woah woah... wait sorry, were you still married to your ex-wife as you were dating your current-fiancé?

no shade. i just remember my hubby(i mean fiancée) said something about how one of the red flags was having the new relationship while still being married to your previous partner. he may be wrong, and i did not check his sources nor read what he read. he just search everywhere for possible reasons for rejections.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
4 hours ago, Shamrox76 said:

No I was formally and officially divorced(got all supporting documents to back) before beginning this new relationship with my current fiance.

I’m wondering how do you keep meeting all these foreigners and wanting to marry. Do you meet them on vacation? I can tell you a definite huge major red flag is only being married 6 months to the first guy you petitioned for. So he’s Fiance is from Ghana, where was the first one from? You said you already sent in a Petition for Fiance, so that’s done. I would suggest you plan more visits in the meantime, and plan to be there for the interview, even if they don’t let you in, he can show you passport with the new visits, one visit won’t cut it in your case, in fact in a lot of Ghana cases. Luckily for you South African Airways usually have $800 flight specials. I also hope you fronted loaded lots of pictures, chats, oh and may I ask how long was your visit. The length of visits matter as well. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
5 hours ago, AL-MJD said:

woah woah woah... wait sorry, were you still married to your ex-wife as you were dating your current-fiancé?

no shade. i just remember my hubby(i mean fiancée) said something about how one of the red flags was having the new relationship while still being married to your previous partner. he may be wrong, and i did not check his sources nor read what he read. he just search everywhere for possible reasons for rejections.

No red flags, I met my fiancé and went to visit her while my divorce was still pending, a week after the divorce I filed the 129F and got approved 2 weeks ago. You just need to be officially divorced before filing the petition and submit copies of the divorce decree.

And this is my 2nd K1 I'm going through, the previous relationship lasted 12 years and we have a son.

August 4 2017 - I-129F Sent to USCIS

August 7 2017 I-129F Delivered

August 9 2017 NOA1 Sent out

August 14 2017 - Received email from Lawyer NOA1 received

August 28 2017 - Returned to USA/NOA1 was in the mail waiting for me delivered on August 14th according to my brother who collected my mail

September 7 2017 - 1 month into waiting for NOA2

October 7 2017 - 2 months into waiting for NOA2

November 7th 2017 - 3 months into waiting for NOA2

December 7th 2017 - 4 months into waiting for NOA2

January 7th 2018 - 5 months into waiting for NOA2

February 7th 2018 - 6 months into waiting for NOA2

February 17th 2018 - NOA2 - APPROVED!! noa1-noa2 194 days

February 20 2108 - NOA2 Mailed

February 24 2018 - NOA2 Received

March 5th 2018 - NVC Received Case

March 7th 2018 - NVC Case number received.

March 7th 2018 - DS-160 Submitted online

March 17th 2018 - Case sent to embassy

March 18th 2018 - Case Arrived embassy NVC says "Ready"

March 23 2018 - Medical exam completed

April 30 2018 - Interview - 221g - Administrative processing

December 12 2018 - Email from embassy Administrative processing completed request to send passport, new 221g , new medical

December 24 2018 - New medical exam

January 9 2019 - Medical ready for pickup, sent passport to embassy

January 10 2019 - Passport received by embassy.....case update as well

January 11 2019 - CEAC page shows visa status ISSUED!

January 14 2019 - Visa received.

January 15 2019 - POE - Dallas Ft Worth - Arrived Mobile Al airport - now home with me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
19 minutes ago, MandW said:

No red flags, I met my fiancé and went to visit her while my divorce was still pending, a week after the divorce I filed the 129F and got approved 2 weeks ago. You just need to be officially divorced before filing the petition and submit copies of the divorce decree.

And this is my 2nd K1 I'm going through, the previous relationship lasted 12 years and we have a son.

oooo ! that does sound more like what the hubby said !

Edited by AL-MJD

19 hours ago, Shamrox76 said:

Thanks for your time.

Please explain the above in bold red. You say you got approved and he moved to the US and married you but then revoked the petition. How could you revoke a petition that was used?

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

12 hours ago, Shamrox76 said:

Hello thanks very much for the great response.I was actually married and lived together with my ex for a period of 6-7  months before divorce.No they both do not come from the same country and the age difference between my new fiance and me is 6 years.

Make sure you front load the petition.  Ghana is a very high fraud embassy.  They will already use a fine tooth comb on it.  The extra information won't necessarily mean a denial but they will need VERY good proof that the relationship is real.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
1 hour ago, NuestraUnion said:

Please explain the above in bold red. You say you got approved and he moved to the US and married you but then revoked the petition. How could you revoke a petition that was used?

I literally meant to say my ex got approved and obtained the K-1 visa to enter the States and we got married.After 6-7 months of of living together we divorced.I then contacted USCIS to terminate and never continue the process,and as a result no GREEN CARD was issued to him.

Timeline
24 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Make sure you front load the petition.  Ghana is a very high fraud embassy.  They will already use a fine tooth comb on it.  The extra information won't necessarily mean a denial but they will need VERY good proof that the relationship is real.

Thanks for your thought and happy to let you know we are building a firm and strong case!!!

1 minute ago, Shamrox76 said:

Thanks for your thought and happy to let you know we are building a firm and strong case!!!

Excellent.  Just expect and be prepared for some difficult questions and you will be fine.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
2 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Excellent.  Just expect and be prepared for some difficult questions and you will be fine.

I know right!!! would be armed from hair to toe to answer all the DIFFICULT questions asked by the CO at the interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
4 hours ago, MandW said:

I told my then husband that if I sent my fiancé a Facebook friend request, I'd probably end up marrying him.  My fiance was a person from my past that I was involuntarily separated from.  Because my marriage was basically over and we were living together for convenience and complacency, he told me to go ahead and send the friend request and see what happened.  My fiancé was certainly not trying to break up my marriage and discouraged the idea of us getting together.  If anything, my ex-husband encouraged him a bit.  My ex-husband was dating again before I ever had a chance to go to Egypt to meet my fiancé in person.  I think it is really easy to place judgment on people without knowing the whole story.  I have known my fiancé since before I even hit puberty.  He asked me to marry him when he was just a kid and I didn't take him all that seriously because he was a year behind me in school. After college, I went back to Egypt wanting to maybe take him up on the offer.  But something really bad had happened to him and we didn't get to see each other again until 2016.  I married two different men in the interim because I didn't think I could ever take care of myself financially and I needed to have someone to live with.  I was with them for the wrong reasons and visa versa.  When my fiancé came back into my life, I finally took responsibility and got my on apartment and dared to try to make it on my own.  I knew I had to do that so that I could be with someone because I wanted to and not because I needed to.  And, now my ex husband is happily married to someone who is right for him too.  His life was going nowhere with me.  Not everything is cheating or a red flag.  Sometimes married people are good and honest friends who care about one another's well being and support one another's happiness.  I know that I am very happy to see Steve and Madeline together.  I hope that they will always be together and I am glad that I happened to see my fiancé's name on Facebook not only for myself, but for my ex-husband as well.

Edited by noraliz73

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.