2,245 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, US&TN said:

My I-485 case is already changed to Ready to be scheduled for an interview 5 days ago so I don't think I will get a RFIE at this point . So I'm gonna set here and wait for them to take a decision on my EAD card lol.  Do you have an idea how long should I wait before I start bothering them with calls ??

That sounds like an RFE indeed wouldn't be likely. I believe the official processing time for expeditiously handled case is 30-45 days. I myself kept bothering them, but then again my case needed to recover from the delay an RFE caused. Others that have been on a similar timeline were more patient than I was and got their card a couple of days earlier, so in other words; it truly doesn't make a difference. USCIS will work at their own pace.

1 hour ago, US&TN said:

Hi everyone,  I just got this update today . What's that mean ?? Bc on the description they said we will mail u a notice of action with our final ! Does that mean that my EAD wasn't approved yet and they still may deny me ?? I am really confused can anyone help me please Screenshot_20200414-122606_Chrome.thumb.jpg.de8e8ecf9cfff70582785e3923a94121.jpg

I can't speak for everyone. But for me, my case status changed to "New Card is being Produced" the same day after the "Expedite Request Approved". 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
52 minutes ago, xin.penguin said:

OMG !!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT 😳😳 I just checked my status and it say that they ordered new card for me !! And looking at my case history I noticed that they just open my case to work on it today even I mailed the evidence on March 18th !! How long to does it take to get the card mailed to me ?? 

20200414_142243.jpg

40 minutes ago, US&TN said:

OMG !!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT 😳😳 I just checked my status and it say that they ordered new card for me !! And looking at my case history I noticed that they just open my case to work on it today even I mailed the evidence on March 18th !! How long to does it take to get the card mailed to me ?? 

20200414_142243.jpg

Congrats!!! You will receive your card in a week.

Timeline
30 minutes ago, IamYourFriend said:

Happy for you @US&TN

Please can you guide me on how you went about it. I'm also looking to expedite based on a job 

Thank you! As long as u have a job letter you can uscis tell them that you wanna expedite your EAD and they will send an email asking u to send ur evidence for the expedite.  And later all u have to do is wait for a respond!! 

Good luck 😊

5 minutes ago, US&TN said:

Thank you! As long as u have a job letter you can uscis tell them that you wanna expedite your EAD and they will send an email asking u to send ur evidence for the expedite.  And later all u have to do is wait for a respond!! 

Good luck 😊

US&TN,

Quick question for you.  I'll be in the same position in a few months, so I was wondering which category you filed under for the expedite?  E.g. severe financial loss, etc.?

Would help a great deal!  Thanks!  Congrats, by the way!

Edited by irishoxford

Timeline
27 minutes ago, irishoxford said:

US&TN,

Quick question for you.  I'll be in the same position in a few months, so I was wondering which category you filed under for the expedite?  E.g. severe financial loss, etc.?

Would help a great deal!  Thanks!  Congrats, by the way!

I files under financial loss and job offer ! Good luck 

1 hour ago, US&TN said:

Good luck 😊

Thanks for the response. Just to be sure, you emailed your evidence, not fax right?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
8 hours ago, Poseidon1212 said:

Did you receive your SSN in the meantime? 

I just received my combo card. 

No, still havent received it yet. Did you get your SSN or heard any info on it?

12/07/2019 - Package mailed
12/10/2019 - Package received (Chicago Lockbox)
01/13/2020 - Received text message receipts (for the 2 forms)
01/17/2020 - Received NOA for biometrics appointment (notice date: 01/10/2020)
01/28/2020 - Biometrics Completed

01/31/2020 - I-131 Rejected due to selecting the incorrect reason for applying. (Refiled)
02/06/2020 - Refiled I-131, delivered & signed for by CHYBA

02/11/2020 - EAD Expedite Requested (Financial Hardship, Health Issues)

02/13/2020 - Evidence requested and faxed

02/18/2020 - EAD Expedite Approved 😩

02/18/2020 - RFE needed (waiting on mail) 😩

02/21/2020 - RFE (Sponsor Needed)..... in process

03/02/2020 - Received NOA for Refiled I-131 (NOA: 02/06/2020)

03/10/2020 - RFE Response Sent to USCIS

03/12/2020 - I-131 Updated to Fingerprints were Taken (Used from Bio)

03/12/2020 - RFE delivered to USCIS 

03/12/2020 - Case updated to RFE received

03/21/2020 - Received Courtesy Letter for Medical

04/02/2020 - EAD (New Card Ordered)

04/03/2020 - EAD Case Was Approved

04/06/2020 - EAD Approval Notice Received

04/06/2020 - EAD was mailed to me

04/09/2020 - EAD Received

05/08/2020 - SSN Received

11 hours ago, Wayne386 said:

No, still havent received it yet. Did you get your SSN or heard any info on it?

No didn’t get SSN yet. Did call my local SSA field office to see if they might be able to see in their system that it’s being processed, but they searched for over half an hour and told me they could find anything and advised me to send in the EAD and other docs to the local office by mail and then they’ll process it and give me a SSN.

I decided to give it a couple of days before I’d do that. Don’t want to create a delay because I need the SSN to have the IRS update our tax return with the SSN instead of ITIN for the stimulus cheque.  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Poseidon1212 said:

No didn’t get SSN yet. Did call my local SSA field office to see if they might be able to see in their system that it’s being processed, but they searched for over half an hour and told me they could find anything and advised me to send in the EAD and other docs to the local office by mail and then they’ll process it and give me a SSN.

I decided to give it a couple of days before I’d do that. Don’t want to create a delay because I need the SSN to have the IRS update our tax return with the SSN instead of ITIN for the stimulus cheque.  

I am wondering if USCIS would be able to tell if the information was sent over if we should call them.🤔

12/07/2019 - Package mailed
12/10/2019 - Package received (Chicago Lockbox)
01/13/2020 - Received text message receipts (for the 2 forms)
01/17/2020 - Received NOA for biometrics appointment (notice date: 01/10/2020)
01/28/2020 - Biometrics Completed

01/31/2020 - I-131 Rejected due to selecting the incorrect reason for applying. (Refiled)
02/06/2020 - Refiled I-131, delivered & signed for by CHYBA

02/11/2020 - EAD Expedite Requested (Financial Hardship, Health Issues)

02/13/2020 - Evidence requested and faxed

02/18/2020 - EAD Expedite Approved 😩

02/18/2020 - RFE needed (waiting on mail) 😩

02/21/2020 - RFE (Sponsor Needed)..... in process

03/02/2020 - Received NOA for Refiled I-131 (NOA: 02/06/2020)

03/10/2020 - RFE Response Sent to USCIS

03/12/2020 - I-131 Updated to Fingerprints were Taken (Used from Bio)

03/12/2020 - RFE delivered to USCIS 

03/12/2020 - Case updated to RFE received

03/21/2020 - Received Courtesy Letter for Medical

04/02/2020 - EAD (New Card Ordered)

04/03/2020 - EAD Case Was Approved

04/06/2020 - EAD Approval Notice Received

04/06/2020 - EAD was mailed to me

04/09/2020 - EAD Received

05/08/2020 - SSN Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.