amandaNHL

Those who waited & currently waiting 7+ months for NOA2?

9 posts in this topic

Hello,

I thought to make this thread for those of us who have been waiting longer than the current processing times for the NOA2, and whoever else waited a while who finally received an answer so we can share our stories and not feel like we are the only ones dealing with the stress and emotional turmoil of a waiting that doesn't seem to have an end.  

My application was received by California center in early July 2017.  I took the advice of others to contact USCIS regularly to see where my application stands, and back in early January I spoke to a Tier 2 individual who said they will get to my application very soon.  Fast forward to last week, I got further advice to contact my congressman, whom reached out for me to USCIS, and basically received the same response that I get every time I contact them.  At that time, the USCIS website said they were processing applications on or before June 27, so my application is within proper processing times, but they just updated the website on Friday and now they are working on applications on and before August 1.  

I understand that everyone's case is different, and that it all depends on who's stack your under, and sheer luck, but it would be extremely comforting to have some kind of direction or answer as to when there will be some progress.  My worry is that many more months will pass and they will just never get to our application, waiting times will keep getting longer from getting from California to the national visa center then to the embassy (it took only 4 weeks back in July and now apparently takes 2-2.5 months).   Who's to say that immigration won't have a complete shut down?  

To make matters worse, the last time my fiancé tried to come into the states they gave him a hard time (mind you, he has never overstayed his visit) and basically advised him not to come back to the US until he gets his visa.  We used to alternate seeing each other so we can equally take time off of work, but this has now forced me be the one to travel to him and take time off work. I am dreading having to take another 4-6+ months of time off in order to spend time with my loved one, because the traveling is hard and the financial loss is significant, but I have no choice.  

Looking for some words of support and a glimmer of hope that this will all be over soon!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

you are dealing with Ireland so your wait will not be as long as others who deal with high fraud countries

all we can say is need patience

immigration deals with over 6 million cases a year now so all cases are taking longer

our 1st K1 in 2009 was applied for in July and interview was in November

but being high fraud country we had to marry and go a total of 6 years for our approval

God willing soon you will be together

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
54 minutes ago, amandaNHL said:

Hello,

I thought to make this thread for those of us who have been waiting longer than the current processing times for the NOA2, and whoever else waited a while who finally received an answer so we can share our stories and not feel like we are the only ones dealing with the stress and emotional turmoil of a waiting that doesn't seem to have an end.  

My application was received by California center in early July 2017.  I took the advice of others to contact USCIS regularly to see where my application stands, and back in early January I spoke to a Tier 2 individual who said they will get to my application very soon.  Fast forward to last week, I got further advice to contact my congressman, whom reached out for me to USCIS, and basically received the same response that I get every time I contact them.  At that time, the USCIS website said they were processing applications on or before June 27, so my application is within proper processing times, but they just updated the website on Friday and now they are working on applications on and before August 1.  

I understand that everyone's case is different, and that it all depends on who's stack your under, and sheer luck, but it would be extremely comforting to have some kind of direction or answer as to when there will be some progress.  My worry is that many more months will pass and they will just never get to our application, waiting times will keep getting longer from getting from California to the national visa center then to the embassy (it took only 4 weeks back in July and now apparently takes 2-2.5 months).   Who's to say that immigration won't have a complete shut down?  

To make matters worse, the last time my fiancé tried to come into the states they gave him a hard time (mind you, he has never overstayed his visit) and basically advised him not to come back to the US until he gets his visa.  We used to alternate seeing each other so we can equally take time off of work, but this has now forced me be the one to travel to him and take time off work. I am dreading having to take another 4-6+ months of time off in order to spend time with my loved one, because the traveling is hard and the financial loss is significant, but I have no choice.  

Looking for some words of support and a glimmer of hope that this will all be over soon!!

If you are looking for additional support through this process come check out the May filers 2017 part 2 thread for June filers  2017 part 3 for people who are all in a similar predicament. The waiting is incredibly hard. But these forums are helpful as we are all in the same boat going through it together. There are people in the forum who are still waiting for applications to be acted upon from late May and early June. The USCIS has a backlog of K1 visa applications from these months but are working on them every day. Your day will come, but in the mean feel free to join in (or even the July filer forum if there is one) for support and helpful listening ears.

For May Filers:

For June Filers:

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/659677-june-2017-i-129f-filers-part-iii/&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwi275KHkrDZAhVFmuAKHeX7DikQFggEMAA&client=internal-uds-cse&cx=partner-pub-3407508467788263:9725800110&usg=AOvVaw38b8xSA7p5IDAE1C4En2Yj

For July filers:

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/639840-july-2017-i-129f-filers/&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwi2oqC4krDZAhXGct8KHYu4DSEQFggEMAA&client=internal-uds-cse&cx=partner-pub-3407508467788263:9725800110&usg=AOvVaw3_3ssxZwPBqOx0lNGD5kH0

Edited by IshTre
Added links

I'm a June 6 filer currently at day 259.  Almost 9 months here.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

June 22nd filer...Day 242. Haven’t gotten very far with inquiries, calls or contacting my congresswoman at this point. Also ran into problems with my fiancé visiting and was told the same thing by CBP...to wait until the visa goes through :(

Edited by KBA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
8 minutes ago, KBA said:

June 22nd filer...Day 242. Haven’t gotten very far with inquiries, calls or contacting my congresswoman at this point. Also ran into problems with my fiancé visiting and was told the same thing by CBP...to wait until the visa goes through :(

I see so many Canadian applicants in your same position. I wonder why Canada has so many delays? I thought they would be a lot faster since you're our neighbors up north.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
23 hours ago, amandaNHL said:

To make matters worse, the last time my fiancé tried to come into the states they gave him a hard time (mind you, he has never overstayed his visit) and basically advised him not to come back to the US until he gets his visa.

Hi Amanda,

First of all, I hope that your wait ends soon...I know it's frustrating, even though I haven't waited that long yet. I see others, like @John & Rose and feel your pain. :(

To your quote above, how many times did your fiancé visit, and how long did he visit each time?

My fiancée has visited me twice for two weeks each tie, and so far has not been questioned, or advised not to return until she gets her visa...just curious.

Thanks and, again, good luck! :)

Duane

01/20/2018 – DAY 000 – I-129F packet sent via FedEx

01/22/2018 – DAY 002 – I-129F packet delivered to Lewisville, TX in AM

01/26/2018 – DAY 005 – I-129F text & e-mail confirmation received, check cashed

02/01/2018 – DAY 011 – I-129F NOA1 hard copy received (postmark 1/29 CA to MI)

09/14/2018 – DAY 237 – "official" I-129F NOA2 approval date per paper NOA2

09/17/2018 – DAY 240 – approval date I-129F NOA2 per phone app and "old" USCIS website

09/18/2018 – DAY 241 – call automated USCIS 1-800 number, approval I-129F confirmed

09/19/2018 – DAY 242 – consult new USCIS website. Updated two days late, but approved!

09/21/2018 – DAY 245 – received hardcopy of NOA2 in the mail

10/01/2018 – DAY 255 – NVC received petition from USCIS and case number assigned

10/16/2018 – DAY 270 – NVC sends case file via DHL to Singapore embassy – CEAC status "In Transit"

10/19/2018 – DAY 273 – per DHL tracking case file received by Singapore embassy (Friday)

10/22/2018 – DAY 276 – status per CEAC website tracker now officially "READY" (Monday)

10/23/2018 – DAY 277 – packet 3 sent out by embassy via registered mail

10/25/2018 – DAY 279 – packet 3 delivered to incorrect address, SingPost mail redirect did not work!

10/29/2018 – DAY 283 – contacted embassy and received tracking information for packet 3

10/30/2018 – DAY 284 – retrieved packet 3 directly from SingPost, returned packet 3 via speedpost

10/31/2018 – DAY 285 – packet 3 received by embassy

10/31/2018 – DAY 285 – packet 4 e-mail received from embassy – interview date November 20th

11/01/2018 – DAY 286 – medical exam at Fullerton Clinic completed successfully

11/15/2018 – DAY 300 – medical exam report sent by clinic to embassy

11/20/2018 – DAY 305 – interview in embassy PASSED! review here

11/27/2018 – DAY 312 – K-1 visa picked up at Aramex

01/16/2019 – DAY 362 – POE Detroit Metro Airport review here

05/04/2019 – DAY 470 – send AOS packet (I-485, I-765, I-131)

05/09/2019 – DAY 475 – NOA date I-485 / I-765 / I-131

07/11/2019 – DAY 538 – NOA interview – scheduled for 8/22 Detroit Field Office

2 minutes ago, Duane & Haney said:

Hi Amanda,

First of all, I hope that your wait ends soon...I know it's frustrating, even though I haven't waited that long yet. I see others, like @John & Rose and feel your pain. :(

To your quote above, how many times did your fiancé visit, and how long did he visit each time?

My fiancée has visited me twice for two weeks each tie, and so far has not been questioned, or advised not to return until she gets her visa...just curious.

Thanks and, again, good luck! :)

Duane

I'm the petitioner.  I visited the Philippines 5 times in 2017.  I am planning another trip for April but I was hoping it would be to bring them home.  Each trip was about 10 days.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

9+ months here. ; )

Try not to worry until bad news is actually delivered. I went crazy worrying, but humans are adaptive, I just got used to it. Its not fair but its the advertised cost, some get lucky some don't but we all get to the finish line as far as I can tell. Remember to breathe

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.