KiwiinMaine

I-130 February 2018 filers

1,535 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
On 2/5/2019 at 12:04 PM, Gods-faith said:

I sure will give an update on my wife interview. btw I sent in my petition to USCIS on February 20, 2018. It took about 5 and half months to get approved and 4 weeks to arrived at NVC and having the NVC case number. On November 19, 2018 I sent all my documents to NVC after I paid the fees and such on. On December 11 2018 my case was completed, it took little over 3 weeks. on January 9th 2019 I received my interview appointment letter. That’s took little over 3 weeks as well. I would have been done with the NVC stage along time ago but I purposefully delayed the process by a few weeks, in order words I delivered my package to NVC a little late because o didn’t want them to give me an appointment date in 2018 as I wanted to go to the interview with my wife and I didn’t have vacation time from my job. Anyway it all plays out well and my wife got her interview in 3 days. 

Congratulations that explains why you didn’t reply to me on your time line. Guyanese mentality you ask questions gets your answers and doesn’t look back because your needs/interests were met. Best of luck to you both. 

1 hour ago, WORRIEDSPOUSE said:

Congratulations that explains why you didn’t reply to me on your time line. Guyanese mentality you ask questions gets your answers and doesn’t look back because your needs/interests were met. Best of luck to you both. 

Thank you. I have been still active on this forum trying to help others with their questions and this process still even after my wife got her visas. Also, I did give an update on how the interview went and such on. Maybe you didn’t see it. 

Edited by Gods-faith

On 3/2/2019 at 11:10 AM, Gods-faith said:

Thank you. I have been still active on this forum trying to help others with their questions and this process still even after my wife got her visas. Also, I did give an update on how the interview went and such on. Maybe you didn’t see it. 

Hey, you said your wife was refused visitor visa. At the interview did they ask her anything about visitor visa refusal or anything?

On 2/25/2019 at 10:29 AM, rahill said:

It’s more than frustrating. It’s devestating and outrageously unjust. They don’t give you a reason. Just a generic form letter. They claim they will send the case back to USCIS and USCIS will notify you and you’ll have a chance to respond but this is nonsense. His previous interview was in October of 2017  and they did the same thing and we never received any notification from USCIS. It’s almost March of 2019 and nothing so...we aren’t holding our breath for that.

it is devastating.  they approve your husband's I 130 and NVC completes the case and still refuse him at interview?. IF they approve i 130 and case completed at NVC then case becomes qualifies they can still refuse visa?

35 minutes ago, Sweetyp said:

Hey, you said your wife was refused visitor visa. At the interview did they ask her anything about visitor visa refusal or anything?

Hi. No they did not mentioned anything about the visitor visa. Visitor visa has no bearing or standings with a CR1 visas. It really don’t matter if you were denied a visitor visa in the past unless if you were caught telling a big red lie at the time of your visitor visa interview and the officer at the time bar you instead of giving you a denial paper alone leaving the door open for another try. 

18 minutes ago, Gods-faith said:

Hi. No they did not mentioned anything about the visitor visa. Visitor visa has no bearing or standings with a CR1 visas. It really don’t matter if you were denied a visitor visa in the past unless if you were caught telling a big red lie at the time of your visitor visa interview and the officer at the time bar you instead of giving you a denial paper alone leaving the door open for another try. 

how about on DS 260 form where they ask have you ever been denied USA visa, did you mention previous visa denials and gave explanation?

Just now, Sweetyp said:

how about on DS 260 form where they ask have you ever been denied USA visa, did you mention previous visa denials and gave explanation?

Yes, you have to and you should mention any previous denial. That’s a MUST. You don’t have to give a lot of explanation. For example if you were denied a touris visa in the past just say for explanation “ I was denied a tourist or visitor visa in the past. That’s it. The immigration officer will know if you were denied in the past they can see it in the system however, they won’t asked you about it 99% of the time only if you were denied and don’t mention it in the DS-260 then that raises suspicion and questions as to why you did not asked that question on the form. 

Hi, 

13 minutes ago, Gods-faith said:

Yes, you have to and you should mention any previous denial. That’s a MUST. You don’t have to give a lot of explanation. For example if you were denied a touris visa in the past just say for explanation “ I was denied a tourist or visitor visa in the past. That’s it. The immigration officer will know if you were denied in the past they can see it in the system however, they won’t asked you about it 99% of the time only if you were denied and don’t mention it in the DS-260 then that raises suspicion and questions as to why you did not asked that question on the form. 

Thanks very much. Appreciate your help. I did mention it on DS 260 and explained. 

53 minutes ago, Sweetyp said:

Hi, 

Thanks very much. Appreciate your help. I did mention it on DS 260 and explained. 

You got it. And you did the right thing. Keep on doing the right thing and soon your love one will be with you just how I have my wife with me 😊. I wish you all the best and take my words you will be just fine don’t stress the process. I did just that and everything turns out wonderful. 

Hello February filers.  I am sneaking on at work and I wanted to ask if there are any February 2018 filers that their I130 has not been approved yet, in the dark? 

Filed: Other Country: Honduras
Timeline
On 2/20/2019 at 1:52 PM, Sweetyp said:

HI Guys I was wondering if any one can suggest me. I have an interview on March 11th but i am not able to get an appointment for medical before 7th of march. SO I don't think i will have results ready for an interview but the doctor's office said they will give me a letter that medical is in progress. So is it okay to get results after your interview? . I am from TOronto CANADA, we have 3 panal physician in toronto but all of them are full. Please help

It should be ok, just go to your interview and give them the Dr's letter.  

Filed: Other Country: Honduras
Timeline
On 2/21/2019 at 2:56 AM, An&Ak said:

Finally today my case is completed at NVC. So now how log I have to wait for interview date...?

1 month, be ready it goes by fast

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
27 minutes ago, xaxa56 said:

1 month, be ready it goes by fast

Hello - so how are we notified about the interview?  With NVC everything was emailed but prior it was paper snail mail?  So should I be waiting for a paper piece of mail or email?  #stressful

38 minutes ago, dohertys74 said:

Hello - so how are we notified about the interview?  With NVC everything was emailed but prior it was paper snail mail?  So should I be waiting for a paper piece of mail or email?  #stressful

they email you with interview date and time.  i am not sure which country you are from so it depends. we got notified about interview via email

GUys what are the documents I need to bring it to interview. I am following the checklist online but guide me please.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.