KiwiinMaine

I-130 February 2018 filers

1,535 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
29 minutes ago, dohertys74 said:

My husband got his interview date for April.  On the link they gave for the places to go for the medicals there was only one place listed in Mumbai and the fee was crazy high.  He is going to call around to see if other medicals can be done for the US Visa.  Has anyone else had this issue?  the fee they quoted was more than a months salary for my husband right now so he was a little stressed out.

I think he should call other locations and see as you've alluded to. But the medicals are not cheap anywhere. You can also send him some money to add to what he can afford.

Edited by nastra30

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

He has gone for medicals in the past when he worked on ships and they were not that much but I wasn't sure if they medicals for the US/visa was that much more expensive?  I offered to send money.  But also kind of nervous about that too - are they checking his and my financials' and would that look bad like I am paying him?  I am just so stressed out and maybe over thinking everything, I just want the interview to go smoothly and get approved.

17 minutes ago, dohertys74 said:

He has gone for medicals in the past when he worked on ships and they were not that much but I wasn't sure if they medicals for the US/visa was that much more expensive?  I offered to send money.  But also kind of nervous about that too - are they checking his and my financials' and would that look bad like I am paying him?  I am just so stressed out and maybe over thinking everything, I just want the interview to go smoothly and get approved.

Hi  Doherty, aren’t you the sponsor of your husband? Medical isn’t cheap anywhere and you are to only go to a physician that is recommend by the US embassy in your country. Now YOU CAN SEND MONEY TO SUPPORT HIM IN PAYING THAT FEE IT WONT AFFECT YOUR VISA IN ANYWAY I promise you that. The government won’t pay no attention if you were to send money to him let say by western union they don’t go that far to check. All they care about is that Affidavit of support form with W-2s I  assumed you had already submitted to NVC that is all the financial info they will look at. My wife of whom i sponsor from Guyana i was sending money for her all the time I even send money for her to go in for visitation visa which she was denied I send money to support her I send money to pay for her medical about $400 Usd. If you are the sponsor and your are sending money to your foreign spouse that is a wonderful thing because it shows that you are supporting them. On the other hand, if your foreign spouse sending money to you in the US it might not be a good idea to let immigration know about that cause they will think he/she is paying the US sponsor for sponsor. Even if that was he case that the foreign spouse was send money trust me the government don’t look that far unless you bring it up at the interview or show them paper trace. You are stressing and overthinking this process too much s just relax and send the money to your husband and take my words you will be absolutely fine. I did it my self and my wife is here in the US with me now to live and I know many other’s that have done the same. I am positive about what I am saying. 

Edited by Gods-faith

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Gods-faith said:
14 minutes ago, Gods-faith said:

Hi  Doherty, aren’t you the sponsor of your husband? Medical isn’t cheap anywhere and you are to only go to a physician that is recommend by the US embassy in your country. Now YOU CAN SEND MONEY TO SUPPORT HIM IN PAYING THAT FEE IT WONT AFFECT YOUR VISA IN ANYWAY I promise you that. The government won’t pay no attention if you were to send money to him let say by western union they don’t go that far to check. All they care about is that Affidavit of support form with W-2s I  assumed you had already submitted to NVC that is all the financial info they will look at. My wife of whom i sponsor from Guyana i was sending money for her all the time I even send money for her to go in for visitation visa which she was denied I send money to support her I send money to pay for her medical about $400 Usd. If you are the sponsor and your are sending money to your foreign spouse that is a wonderful thing because it shows that you are supporting them. On the other hand, if your foreign spouse sending money to you in the US it might not be a good idea to let immigration know about that cause they will think he/she is paying the US sponsor for sponsor. Even if that was he case that the foreign spouse was send money trust me the government don’t look that far unless you bring it up at the interview or show them paper trace. You are stressing and overthinking this process too much s just relax and send the money to your husband and take my words you will be absolutely fine. I did it my self and my wife is here in the US with me now to live and I know many other’s that have done the same. I am positive about what I am saying. 

13 minutes ago, Gods-faith said:

Thank you for your help. And what you say does make sense.  Unfortunately, I cannot stop overthinking and stressing until he is here with me.  He was also denied a visitor visa in 2012 for just a generic denial and we were denied our finance visa in 2017 for such a stupid reason,  so those are my real reasons for really stressing about the interview.

Just now, dohertys74 said:

Just now, dohertys74 said:

That is okay. I can assure you that his time around the immigration officer will see that you guys never gave up and they will see that it’s really love not business. It’s Love over business they will see its transparent. you guys stay optimistic. You will be fine this time around. As long as you meet your affidavit of support needs you’ll be fine. Just make sure to take updated everything to the interview. And copies. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Gods-faith said:

That is okay. I can assure you that his time around the immigration officer will see that you guys never gave up and they will see that it’s really love not business. It’s Love over business they will see its transparent. you guys stay optimistic. You will be fine this time around. As long as you meet your affidavit of support needs you’ll be fine. Just make sure to take updated everything to the interview. And copies. 

Thank you so much for this. I really needed that today. (L)

Timeline
1 hour ago, dohertys74 said:

Don't worry. Most people just send money to their loved ones for such things as medicals, travel expense etc. I certainly will be doing that for my spouse. The US Embassy doesn't care about how you paid the medical fees. In fact, the fees are for the facility which performs the medicals and not the Embassy.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

So we kinda got an update about our case. I had to get congressman involved. The local office stated that we are awaiting interview date and will be mailed once scheduled. They are currently processing end of 2017! I don't understand, my husband is not in the country so why do I have to go for the interview? Is anyone else having to go to a petitioner interview? We already know he will be denied bc he was deported and our attorney states we have to file I-212 but after his interview. Why do I need one?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello everyone,please anyone can help me.im in nvc stage and i submitted all doc and accepte it today but  i also got message from nvc they said i have to send my prof of employment as petitioner   because i submitted 1099  and i have co sponsor .

so my question is my case will be close and s waitimg for interview or i have to send them this prof?? Because its not in required document sol my spouse can bring it to interview ??

best regards 

Edited by BaNJ

4 minutes ago, BaNJ said:

Hello everyone,please anyone can help me.im in nvc stage and i submitted all doc and accepte it today but  i also got message from nvc they said i have to send my prof of employment as petitioner   because i submitted 1099  and i have co sponsor .

so my question is my case will be close and s waitimg for interview or i have to send them this prof?? Because its not in required document sol my spouse can bring it to interview ??

best regards 

When did you submit your documents. You need to submit it to have case close 

Timeline
51 minutes ago, BaNJ said:

best regards 

Please send them what they are requesting ASAP before you can start thinking about CC.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
14 hours ago, dohertys74 said:

My husband got his interview date for April.  On the link they gave for the places to go for the medicals there was only one place listed in Mumbai and the fee was crazy high.  He is going to call around to see if other medicals can be done for the US Visa.  Has anyone else had this issue?  the fee they quoted was more than a months salary for my husband right now so he was a little stressed out.

They are high not just in India. Much more expensive than a normal medical exam he would have done. But it MUST be done at the location mentioned on the letter. These are doctors who are approved and held accountable with the US embassy.

23 hours ago, dohertys74 said:

In term of the cost of medicals done for ships, I have also had to do medicals for working on boats. The medical for the US visa in the UK is over TRIPLE the cost of a ENG1 medical or medical to go work on a boat. The US have specific medical centres only (and correct me if I'm wrong everyone) but they don't allow you to source out your own physician. Im sorry your journey has been difficult so far but wishing you a speedy approval! Best wishes :)

23 hours ago, Gods-faith said:

Hey. After visa approval hows was the experience at port of entry. DO you tell them you are entering first time on immigrant visa and do they send you some where to process?. if officer at port of entry asks any questions or just prepare paperwork landing paper and process your green card? let me know the process to enter USA with immigration visa on. Thanks

12 minutes ago, Sweetyp said:

Hey. After visa approval hows was the experience at port of entry. DO you tell them you are entering first time on immigrant visa and do they send you some where to process?. if officer at port of entry asks any questions or just prepare paperwork landing paper and process your green card? let me know the process to enter USA with immigration visa on. Thanks

At the port of entry all my wife did was that she went up to one of the Immigration officer sitting there and handed him the yellow sealed envelope with her passport the officer looked at the visa page in the passport then he opened the envelope and he looked at the papers and enter some stuff in his computer. When he finished he told her to go with another officer in a room that other officer ask my wife for her passport he then looked at it and stamp it my wife asked him if she was okay to go and he said yes you’re good. That’s all. 2 and half weeks later my wife SSN showed up in the mail. The officers never told my wife anything of how she will get her green card but I know they will send it in the mail too usually In a couple of months. I went online and paid the green card fee of $220 so now my wife wait for that. It said on USCIS website it takes 120 days. Anyway, the port of entry is a very easy simple quick process. Just have your passport with yellow envelope sealed and everything will be smooth and quick. No need to worry about that phrase of this whole process.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.