JahRyl

February 2018 AOS Filers

1,401 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, S*UK said:

Im using the Apple USCIS case tracker app. It shows exactly what the USCIS account shows. So really just two types of account that I'm using. Mine both show different dates too. 

And surprise surprise... this morning I got the User Defined Error on the USCIS case tracker! Doubt it has anything to do with an interview though. DHS still shows biometrics was processed. 

Welcome to the world of the User Defined Error :-)  We are still getting that error and haven't received anything in the mail in regards to an interview.  

K1 Condensed Timeline:

02/27/17 - I-129F sent; 03/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy received; 06/15/17 - NOA2 hard copy received; 07/16/17 - NVC processing completed; 08/24/17 - Interview (Approved); 09/04/17 - Visa in Hand; 10/26/17 - POE; 12/20/17 - Marriage

AOS Condensed Timeline:

02/06/18 - I-485 sent; 02/20/18 - NOA1 hard copy received; 03/09/18 - Biometrics Completed; 04/21/18 - Interview Appointment Letter Received; 05/14/18 - Interview; 06/08/18 - Approved/Card in Production; 06/16/18 - GC Received

RoC Condensed Timeline:

3/10/20 - I-751 sent; 3/20/20 - NOA received - LIN; 3/10/21 - Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Reused; 4/05/21 - New Card is Being Produced

N400

03/25/21 - Application filed online; 01/15/22 - Interview Scheduled Notification;  02/22/22 - Interview; 02/22/22 - Interview Passed and Same Day Oath Ceremony.  DONE!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
42 minutes ago, T_P said:

Medical is valid for one year. All you need is on the link below

https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume8-PartB-Chapter4.html

Appreciate the info!! Thank you very much!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
2 hours ago, S*UK said:

So my USCIS app updated yesterday to as of April 8th 'fingerprint review complete'. The DHS site updated a week ago to a similar message 'we have reviewed your biometrics and are processing your case'. Sigh... the inconsistency is annoying. I just hope they were done with my biometrics a week ago and not just yesterday. I don't want to add an extra week to the processing times after it already being delayed a few weeks from the ridiculous RFIE. 

When you say "DHS" site are you referring to the uscis.gov site and their case tracking feature? Or is there another one?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cayman Islands
Timeline
Just now, JahRyl said:

Hi guys!

have you tried the call back option of USCIS? 

did you received a call back?

I did actually receive the scheduled call back the last time I wanted to change my address and hopefully they call me back today coz right now I’m waiting for their call

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Qatar
Timeline
1 minute ago, simonvikih79 said:

I did actually receive the scheduled call back the last time I wanted to change my address and hopefully they call me back today coz right now I’m waiting for their call

I am waiting for their call too. 

I was transferred bec of th “user defined error” case.

Timeline
Just now, JahRyl said:

I am waiting for their call too. 

I was transferred bec of th “user defined error” case.

Oh. It’s two of us now with the user defined error glitch. I want to ask you if you received any text message like the one below from USCIS after the glitch?

72EC06B4-7E71-4B0D-A270-CBC7B5888AB0.jpeg

Timeline
2 minutes ago, simonvikih79 said:

Oh. It’s two of us now with the user defined error glitch. I want to ask you if you received any text message like the one below from USCIS after the glitch?

72EC06B4-7E71-4B0D-A270-CBC7B5888AB0.jpeg

yeah, i was having the error i think 2 weeks back. 

thats why i decided to call them now.

nope, but i did check my acct and it was updated last 27march.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, JahRyl said:

yeah, i was having the error i think 2 weeks back. 

thats why i decided to call them now.

nope, but i did check my acct and it was updated last 27march.

Okay, let’s wait and see. Hope they call us back

Timeline
9 minutes ago, simonvikih79 said:

Okay, let’s wait and see. Hope they call us back

just received the call and IO informed me that he checked my case and it is still active and was sent to local office to schedule for interview.

His exact word is “case is now on queue for interview and local office will get in touch once they are ready to schedule the i nterview”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, JahRyl said:

just received the call and IO informed me that he checked my case and it is still active and was sent to local office to schedule for interview.

His exact word is “case is now on queue for interview and local office will get in touch once they are ready to schedule the i nterview”

Basically your file is sitting in a pile just waiting for an agent to review and schedule your interview. Good luck

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Timeline
28 minutes ago, JahRyl said:

Oh, so nice for you. Did he try to explain the reason for the error?

Timeline
1 hour ago, JahRyl said:

I just received the same call back from USCIS and the lady (IO) says the error is beyond their control but  my case is being prepared to be scheduled for an interview 

Edited by simonvikih79

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
3 minutes ago, simonvikih79 said:

I just received the same call back from USCIS and the lady (IO) says the error is beyond their control but  my case is being prepared to be scheduled for an interview 

Good luck and hope that your appointment is soon.

Mike & Tuyen

First Meeting

Second Meeting

Engaged

I-129F Sent :

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2 :                              

NVC # Received

Interview Date   

Interview Result

Visa in Hand 

POE SFO                        

Married!!!!!!!

AOS/EAP/AP Mailed

AOS/EAP/AP NOA1

Biometrics Portland

Interview Portland

2016-09-30TuyenMike.jpg.07bbb29ef41b057de949396e27a8063c.jpg

2017-02-14

2017-02-18

2017-04-17

2017-04-24

2017-09-18

2017-09-30

2017-10-20

APPROVED!!!!!

2017-10-28

2017-11-14

2017-12-04

2018-02-02

2018-02-17

2018-03-14

2018-05-10

Timeline
9 minutes ago, simonvikih79 said:

Oh, so nice for you. Did he try to explain the reason for the error?

thanks! i will just have to wait for my interview schedule.

just the usual explanation, some system glitch.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.