JahRyl

February 2018 AOS Filers

1,401 posts in this topic

On 4/12/2019 at 9:35 AM, Marion said:

Nothing for now. It’s been 5 freaking weeks since the interview. It’s just starting to piss me off. But there’s nothing to be done about it. Just wait.. We filed the I-129F in Feb 2017! 

Oh wow... yeah it's a pain to have to wait for so long.  I'm sorry there's a longer delay for you.  I'm sure it'll be here soon though.  I've heard Santa Ana is known to be REALLY SLOW...  Will be praying for you!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
On 4/16/2019 at 10:23 AM, t1m1t said:

Oh wow... yeah it's a pain to have to wait for so long.  I'm sorry there's a longer delay for you.  I'm sure it'll be here soon though.  I've heard Santa Ana is known to be REALLY SLOW...  Will be praying for you!!

Thank you so much. Still nothing. I made a case inquiry that will hopefully get stuff moving on my case. It’s like the guy forgot about me or something 😂

It is very stressful as I have a trip in June to France and I start my dream job in August.. The fact that they have this kind of power over our lives kills me. But I get it. People commit fraud. It just super sucks for legit couples who just want to join their lives and build together... 

I’ll keep you posted! 

Edited by Marion

Received an interview date!! May 17th, 2019.

Before I came to the US, I did a full medical examination (09/2017), did the whole sealed envelope thing and handed the packet to the CBP upon entry (1/2018). I filed for AOS on 2/2018. Received an interview date on 5/2019. Do I still need to do a medical examination?

Case Status Update

March 10, 2017 - I-129F Package Sent

March 13, 2017 - I-129F Accepted

March 16, 2017 - I-797C NOA1 Received

June 21, 2017 - NOA2 Received

July 7, 2017 - NVC Case Created

July 17, 2017 - NVC Hardcopy Received

July 17, 2017 - Received email from U.S. Embassy in Malaysia to schedule an interview. 

July 18, 2017 - Case Ready 

August 5, 2017 - Only interview date available is August 17 

August 8, 2017 - Scheduled interview on August 17

August 9, 2017 - Medical Examination (report ready by August 16)

August 17, 2017 - Interview Day (K1 Approved)

January 23, 2018 - Entry to the US 

February 16, 2018 - Got married!

February 21, 2018 - Sent AOS packet

February 24, 2018 - AOS packet delivered

March 8, 2018 - I-485, I-765 & I-131 Accepted

March 16, 2018 - I-485, I-765 & I-131 NOA Received

March 28, 2018 - Biometrics appointment

July 9, 2018 - EAD & Advanced Parole Approved

July 14, 2018 - EAD card Received

May 17, 2019 - I-485 Interview, Approved on the spot

May 23, 2019 - I-797 NOA on approval received

May 23, 2019 USCIS account updated to "Card picked up by USPS"

May 30, 2019 - US Permanent Resident Card Received

March 1, 2021 - I-751 Accepted

March 29, 2021 - I-751 NOA Received, US Permanent Resident Card extended for 18 months

• 3 weeks later...

We filed in mid-February, but had to change addresses a couple of times and are now permanently based in NYC (since July 2018). Does anyone know if our case would go to the back of the line every time we changed addresses (really hoping not!)? I receive monthly e-mails saying "your case is still under review... bla bla bla". Currently waiting to be called to interview. It's been very frustrating, as I'm sure everyone here understands...

Also, since we are now in NY, is it safe to assume this is my designated filed office? Waiting times are up to 30 (!) months... hard to believe it...

Thanks so much, appreciate the help.

22 hours ago, msperb said:

We filed in mid-February, but had to change addresses a couple of times and are now permanently based in NYC (since July 2018). Does anyone know if our case would go to the back of the line every time we changed addresses (really hoping not!)? I receive monthly e-mails saying "your case is still under review... bla bla bla". Currently waiting to be called to interview. It's been very frustrating, as I'm sure everyone here understands...

Also, since we are now in NY, is it safe to assume this is my designated filed office? Waiting times are up to 30 (!) months... hard to believe it...

Thanks so much, appreciate the help.

Hi, I also moved during the AOS process from Wichita, KS to San Francisco, CA. I filed in February. Unfortunately my experience has not been an easy one - I changed the address online, I also went to the Wichita office before moving to confirm change of address and ask the same questions you have...

The guy in Wichita said that at that point (early September 2018) my packet was still waiting to be sent to the local office, and when the time came they would simply scan my files and the change of address would come up and be sent to the correct place, so there would be no delay. 

Roll forward to December, my interview is scheduled...I got the letter which had been forwarded from my old address, they scheduled it in Wichita. I called them, they basically say they don’t know why that happened as my current CA address is the one they have on file and they will reschedule my interview. I didn’t hear anything for 30 days so I called again, still no action taken. This was a few days before the scheduled interview so obviously I was concerned as failure to show up results in denial. USCIS were not helpful at this point as I brought this up and they just said ‘it’s a risk’. Even though I had taken all the steps to do this properly. 

Anyway, a week or so after my interview was supposed to happen, I got a letter to say the request for reschedule was accepted and my case was sent to SF. I confirmed on the phone with USCIS that I’m back at the start of the queue for SF, which is considerably longer than Wichita. So here I am 5 months later, still waiting, and expect to be for a while yet 😂

I’m hoping my experience was a one off, but as it was happening I did some research online and I’m certainly not the only person this has happened to. I really hope you have better luck than me!

Timeline

To keep you posted.... still n o t h i n g .... 

• 2 weeks later...

We went for the interview on Friday and was approved on the spot!!

What's next? The officer said they will be mailing us the approval notice and then the green card within 30 days. Anyone here knows how long will it take? We are traveling internationally on 1st June. I asked the officer and she said I can travel with my EAD and Advanced Parole card or if my green card arrive first, use that.

But we're still curious to know how long will it take to get the approval notice and the physical card. Anyone??

Case Status Update

March 10, 2017 - I-129F Package Sent

March 13, 2017 - I-129F Accepted

March 16, 2017 - I-797C NOA1 Received

June 21, 2017 - NOA2 Received

July 7, 2017 - NVC Case Created

July 17, 2017 - NVC Hardcopy Received

July 17, 2017 - Received email from U.S. Embassy in Malaysia to schedule an interview. 

July 18, 2017 - Case Ready 

August 5, 2017 - Only interview date available is August 17 

August 8, 2017 - Scheduled interview on August 17

August 9, 2017 - Medical Examination (report ready by August 16)

August 17, 2017 - Interview Day (K1 Approved)

January 23, 2018 - Entry to the US 

February 16, 2018 - Got married!

February 21, 2018 - Sent AOS packet

February 24, 2018 - AOS packet delivered

March 8, 2018 - I-485, I-765 & I-131 Accepted

March 16, 2018 - I-485, I-765 & I-131 NOA Received

March 28, 2018 - Biometrics appointment

July 9, 2018 - EAD & Advanced Parole Approved

July 14, 2018 - EAD card Received

May 17, 2019 - I-485 Interview, Approved on the spot

May 23, 2019 - I-797 NOA on approval received

May 23, 2019 USCIS account updated to "Card picked up by USPS"

May 30, 2019 - US Permanent Resident Card Received

March 1, 2021 - I-751 Accepted

March 29, 2021 - I-751 NOA Received, US Permanent Resident Card extended for 18 months

Timeline

I just got approved finally!!!! 

May I ask how long it took from the approval notification online to getting the GC in hand? 

26 minutes ago, Marion said:

I just got approved finally!!!! 

May I ask how long it took from the approval notification online to getting the GC in hand? 

Congratulations!!!  It took about a week for it to get to us.  What really sucked was they sent it the day my wife left the country... It arrived when I got back from the airport

Timeline
25 minutes ago, t1m1t said:

Congratulations!!!  It took about a week for it to get to us.  What really sucked was they sent it the day my wife left the country... It arrived when I got back from the airport

Wow!!! Only a week! That’s amazing. 

Did you ship it to her? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 4/19/2019 at 7:21 PM, Jesus & Michelle said:

Before I came to the US, I did a full medical examination (09/2017), did the whole sealed envelope thing and handed the packet to the CBP upon entry (1/2018). I filed for AOS on 2/2018. Received an interview date on 5/2019. Do I still need to do a medical examination?

Hi J&M. Did you done another medical exam for the AOS interview? We are scheduled for interview on 19th of June.  So i don,t know if i meed to have another medical examination or just show the vaccination record. Hope you can help me with this. Thank you

Timeline

Hi all, i have done my medical in the philippines prior arriving here in the US (Aug 2017)  I arrived and gave my sealed medical report to the entry point (Nov 2017). We got married and sent our documents on Feb 2018. 1 week ago i received a letter saying that our schedule for interview is on the 19th of June. Just wanted to know if i need to have another medical before our interview.. hope someone can help or give me insight on what to do. Thank you so much in advance.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
38 minutes ago, kimmykimmydora said:

Hi J&M. Did you done another medical exam for the AOS interview? We are scheduled for interview on 19th of June.  So i don,t know if i meed to have another medical examination or just show the vaccination record. Hope you can help me with this. Thank you

On 4/19/2019 at 7:21 PM, Jesus & Michelle said:

Wow!  Pretty nice, answering a previous question with your own question. ;) Did either of you take the opportunity to review the excellent information thread located at the top of the K1/K3 AOS Forum: Immunizations. DS3025 or I-693?  It was initially posted there three years ago, and has been updated. It just may have some information that may applicable to both of your lines of inquiry.

Good luck on our immigration journey.

Edited by Pitaya (火龙果)

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline
1 minute ago, Pitaya (火龙果) said:

Wow!  Pretty nice, answering a previous question with your own question.  Did either of you take the opportunity to review the excellent information thread located at the top of the K1/K3 AOS Forum: Immunizations. DS3025 or I-693?  It was initially posted there three years ago, and has been updated. It just may have some information that may applicable to both of your lines of inquiry.

Good luck on our immigration journey.

Thank you so much 😊☺️

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
5 minutes ago, kimmykimmydora said:

Thank you so much 😊☺️

You are welcome.  This was easily found through a simple Google search, using the forum Search Function. Google can also be your friend. :yes:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.