JahRyl

February 2018 AOS Filers

1,401 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, sam2141 said:

Just saw my interview is scheduled as well. Don't know the date yet but i need to update my medical exam before.

Congratulations!  We also have to get a medical exam done for my wife... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 1/31/2019 at 10:40 AM, sam2141 said:

Just saw my interview is scheduled as well. Don't know the date yet but i need to update my medical exam before.

Hey why do you need to update medical? J was approved green card with same medical i had done for k1 visa

On 1/31/2019 at 4:31 PM, t1m1t said:

Congratulations!  We also have to get a medical exam done for my wife... 

I was worried about medical and it was fine. Didnt need to get one done. Wasnt asked for it. K1 visa Medical was sufficient. 

On 2/2/2019 at 12:49 PM, ChristaandJosh said:

Hey why do you need to update medical? J was approved green card with same medical i had done for k1 visa

I was worried about medical and it was fine. Didnt need to get one done. Wasnt asked for it. K1 visa Medical was sufficient. 

Did you have to get the i693 filled out at all?  The interview paper we got says we need a filled out i693 but only necessary if it wasn't done previously.  It's been over a year since my wife had her medical check in her home country (10/2017) and the interview will be 02/2019.  Do we need to get another full medical check?  They're so expensive... I've posted on another thread in regards to the same question, but left a little confused.  They stated that one isn't needed, but I've seen on other threads that GCs have been delayed due to not getting medical checks for those who started on K1 status.  My wife needs to go back to Taiwan about 3-4 weeks after her interview, so any delays would affect her trip.  Does anyone know if a medical check is absolutely necessary?  My doctor is a civil surgeon (on the list) and wants $250 for everything...

56 minutes ago, t1m1t said:

Did you have to get the i693 filled out at all?  The interview paper we got says we need a filled out i693 but only necessary if it wasn't done previously.  It's been over a year since my wife had her medical check in her home country (10/2017) and the interview will be 02/2019.  Do we need to get another full medical check?  They're so expensive... I've posted on another thread in regards to the same question, but left a little confused.  They stated that one isn't needed, but I've seen on other threads that GCs have been delayed due to not getting medical checks for those who started on K1 status.  My wife needs to go back to Taiwan about 3-4 weeks after her interview, so any delays would affect her trip.  Does anyone know if a medical check is absolutely necessary?  My doctor is a civil surgeon (on the list) and wants $250 for everything...

I just got another one. I heard that they are only valid for 1 year. I know they are really expensive.

The second time is cheaper because I got all the necessary shots last time. So I only paid $150 this time.

1 hour ago, sam2141 said:

I just got another one. I heard that they are only valid for 1 year. I know they are really expensive.

The second time is cheaper because I got all the necessary shots last time. So I only paid $150 this time.

Yeah, my wife has all her shots and her immunization record.  The doctor says she needs to get a blood test, urine test, and a TB test.  They'll take care of the paperwork and go over with us before sealing it.  I've heard that for K1 applicants, the medical check isn't necessary, and a filled out i693 is all that's needed.  Find a doctor that will look at the immunization record, seal the i693 form, and then good to go.  Some say they've paid about $30-80 for just that, but it's hard to find.  Still confused as to what I should do.  If my doctor charged $150, I'd be more than happy to just do that and move on.  But, the lowest I can find is $250 (my current physician).  Everyone else I called wants $300+...

Timeline
On 2/4/2019 at 8:39 AM, t1m1t said:

Nope! K1s are an exception. I had my medical in aigust 2017 in London and my interview was last month. No mention of a medical at all. I just sent in my vaccination form from that medical with the application. I also had it with me then too on the day. 

Never got asked at all. I was preparing to get myself a medical if needed after the interview only if I was asked because they are super expensive! I also had the policy on it with me too printed so I could try and show them that if they asked me for one but she never did the interviewing officer. It wasnt even brought up. That letter they send out is a general letter they send to everyone. Not k1s in specific. I wouldn't personally get one because she doesnt need one. Her visa medical should suffice if she had all of the required vaccinations at the time she will be fine. :)

Timeline
On 2/4/2019 at 9:36 AM, sam2141 said:

You really didnt need to get one. Should have saved your money and waited until after the interview. K1s are an exception to this rule. I had my medical in summer 2017 and never got asked for a new one. My interview was last month and I was approved on the spot. If they demanded another medical I would have booked one after but they never did. Never even asked me about it at the interview. 

3 hours ago, ChristaandJosh said:

You really didnt need to get one. Should have saved your money and waited until after the interview. K1s are an exception to this rule. I had my medical in summer 2017 and never got asked for a new one. My interview was last month and I was approved on the spot. If they demanded another medical I would have booked one after but they never did. Never even asked me about it at the interview. 

Congrats!

I am not on a K-1 visa. Maybe they have different processes. 

4 hours ago, Lucy&Jason said:

Yay!! Planning to send out our AOS packet this February 14. We are double checking everything just to make sure we included all necessary documents. :D

You might want to also join (or make if there isn't one) a February 2019 thread.  This is the 2018 one :)

Don't leave this one though. Stay here for help and tips and see if people were in the same place you currently are!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
1 minute ago, t1m1t said:

You might want to also join (or make if there isn't one) a February 2019 thread.  This is the 2018 one :)

Don't leave this one though. Stay here for help and tips and see if people were in the same place you currently are!

😂😂😂 oh oh... So sorry.. thank you for that. I would be honored to be here for some question and answer from you guys since we are now double checking our AOS packet. 

But Yep surely will look for the thread of AOS 2019 February Filer. 😊😊😊

🍀 🍀 🍀 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

AOS interview completed in Philadelphia

We were very well prepared thanks to all here on VJ

We were complimented and told we are the best prepared he has seen :-)

Interview was a breeze and now our online status is changed to card being produced

good luck all in your journey and thanks for everything

01/12/17 – I-129F mailed 
01/17/17 – Delivered to lockbox  

01/20/17 - NOA1  

01/27/17 – I-797C arrived via USPS

05/05/17 - NOA2

05/23/17 - NVC Recieve

09/11/17 - Approved at Interview

09/30/17 - Visa in hand

10/17/17 - POE Washington DC

11/11/17 - Married 

01/29/18 - AOS sent via USPS

02/20/18 - TXT and email notification of receipt

09/29/18 - EAD recieved

02/12/19 - Interview Scheduled

We had our Green Card interview today at the Atlanta office and was approved. He said that I should receive my card in the mail in the next 2-3 weeks. We had brought lots of evidence but he stopped me as I was handing them over to him as our 5 day old daughter was there with us and he said that she was pretty much all the proof that he needed 😂 the whole thing took 20 min and was basically just confirming that everything on our previous k1 and AOS application was matching up. so happy to be done with this process! 

4 hours ago, mbassett said:

AOS interview completed in Philadelphia

We were very well prepared thanks to all here on VJ

We were complimented and told we are the best prepared he has seen 🙂

Interview was a breeze and now our online status is changed to card being produced

good luck all in your journey and thanks for everything

Would you be willing to share what your list looked like? And what questions did they ask ? We are having our interview next month in Philly...

ROC:  Received Jan 25 2021    NOA 1: February 25 2021 (LIN/Nebraska).    BIOMETRICS: April 30  2021
APPROVED: June 23 2021     CARD DELIVERED:   June 30 2021

AOS:          Received Date:  April 2      NOA 1:  April 5 2018
Biometrics:  April 27  Fingerprint Review Was Completed:  April 30
Case Ready to be scheduled: May 3
( that update only showed up in August! after being notified about EAD&AP )
EAD&AP  We approved your case:  August 8   /  In the mailbox:  August 16 2018
Interview   -    March 14 2019    (
Notice Date:  February 1)  -   Approved!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.