JahRyl

February 2018 AOS Filers

1,401 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, sam2141 said:

No. We weren't missing anything since our case is AOS based on marriage.

The i129f packet allows fiancé to arrive in the US via K1 visa. This was previously done before the AOS packet was sent out. I believe you should have also done this since your AOS is based on marriage.  @Marion and I both couldn’t move on to the approval stage due to uscis having some kind of issue with our previous i129f packets (for me it was a copy issue that they hadn’t yet received). Were you told why they couldn’t approve your AOS during the interview? 

1 minute ago, t1m1t said:

The i129f packet allows fiancé to arrive in the US via K1 visa. This was previously done before the AOS packet was sent out. I believe you should have also done this since your AOS is based on marriage.  @Marion and I both couldn’t move on to the approval stage due to uscis having some kind of issue with our previous i129f packets (for me it was a copy issue that they hadn’t yet received). Were you told why they couldn’t approve your AOS during the interview? 

They told me there is nothing missing with my package. I didn't come to the US under fiance visa so this doesn't apply to me. The officer said I don't have any missing documents.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Now that were on the home stretch of the journey (Greencard in hand). We are talking about bringing the in-laws for a visit. Anyone else start the process? Wondering if its easy enough that we can do it on our own or should we hire a lawyer. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
On 3/15/2019 at 10:48 AM, gtiorobertsf said:

Now that were on the home stretch of the journey (Greencard in hand). We are talking about bringing the in-laws for a visit. Anyone else start the process? Wondering if its easy enough that we can do it on our own or should we hire a lawyer. 

For a visit they just need to do an ESTA online. It’s $15 and they print it out before their trip. 

On 3/12/2019 at 11:43 AM, t1m1t said:

Any update? @t1m1t

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2019 at 9:03 AM, Marion said:

For a visit they just need to do an ESTA online. It’s $15 and they print it out before their trip. 

Any update? @t1m1t

Hi @Marion!

I literally just got a text message that said, "New Card Is Being Produced"!  We're sooooooo happy.  But we have a slight issue (maybe not an issue).  She leaves to her home country next week for about three months.  We don't know if she'll legally be allowed to leave and re-enter the US...  She has her Advance Parole card, but after approval I've heard it's no longer valid...

Timeline
47 minutes ago, t1m1t said:

Hi @Marion!

I literally just got a text message that said, "New Card Is Being Produced"!  We're sooooooo happy.  But we have a slight issue (maybe not an issue).  She leaves to her home country next week for about three months.  We don't know if she'll legally be allowed to leave and re-enter the US...  She has her Advance Parole card, but after approval I've heard it's no longer valid...

Congrats! You must be so relieved. What was your interview date again? So that I have an idea! We should be next hopefully. 

I am thinking you will get it in time. If not you can always ship her the green card for her return :) 

Call uscis to make sure because things you hear are not always correct and as they want it. I am sure it is fine :) 

Edited by Marion

2 hours ago, Marion said:

Congrats! You must be so relieved. What was your interview date again? So that I have an idea! We should be next hopefully. 

I am thinking you will get it in time. If not you can always ship her the green card for her return :) 

Call uscis to make sure because things you hear are not always correct and as they want it. I am sure it is fine :) 

Thank you!! Yeah we really are... it was a 15-16 month process that’s finally over... I’m sure yours will be coming soon! The issue with the i129f was solved (I’m assuming).  We had our interview exactly a month ago (02/27). They said it would take 2-3 weeks but it went to 4 weeks for us.

Timeline
18 minutes ago, t1m1t said:

Thank you!! Yeah we really are... it was a 15-16 month process that’s finally over... I’m sure yours will be coming soon! The issue with the i129f was solved (I’m assuming).  We had our interview exactly a month ago (02/27). They said it would take 2-3 weeks but it went to 4 weeks for us.

Ours was March 8th. So we might need to wait one more week before we hear anything. Thank you for letting us know. Same “issue” with our fiancé petition apparently 

19 hours ago, Marion said:

Ours was March 8th. So we might need to wait one more week before we hear anything. Thank you for letting us know. Same “issue” with our fiancé petition apparently 

I'm sure you'll be getting yours really soon!  Good luck!!

On 3/28/2019 at 1:16 PM, Marion said:

Any updates?  We just got our confirmation notice in the mail and an update saying our card was mailed out.  I hope yours also comes soon!

Timeline
3 hours ago, t1m1t said:

Any updates?  We just got our confirmation notice in the mail and an update saying our card was mailed out.  I hope yours also comes soon!

Hey thanks for checking in. Nothing for now. This Friday will be our 4th week waiting... Hopefully we will hear by then too! I will keep you posted 🙂 

17 hours ago, Marion said:

Hey thanks for checking in. Nothing for now. This Friday will be our 4th week waiting... Hopefully we will hear by then too! I will keep you posted 🙂 

No problem!  We got our notification a little after the 4th week mark.  Hopefully you guys do too! 

Timeline
On 4/3/2019 at 12:53 PM, t1m1t said:

No problem!  We got our notification a little after the 4th week mark.  Hopefully you guys do too! 

Still nothing for now... We’re past the 4th week mark. I am hoping to still get notification this week. I can’t believe this is taking so long... 

12 minutes ago, Marion said:

Still nothing for now... We’re past the 4th week mark. I am hoping to still get notification this week. I can’t believe this is taking so long... 

I'm sure it's almost there.  But yeah, it took a long time, waaaaay too long.  But I'm sure it's just a delay on their side.  I remember you saying that your interview went fine and that it was just the 129f.  Maybe our i129f forms were filed at different time so they're going through the in the order they received them.  I honestly don't remember when we sent our packet, but I do know it was quite a while ago.

Timeline
23 hours ago, t1m1t said:

I'm sure it's almost there.  But yeah, it took a long time, waaaaay too long.  But I'm sure it's just a delay on their side.  I remember you saying that your interview went fine and that it was just the 129f.  Maybe our i129f forms were filed at different time so they're going through the in the order they received them.  I honestly don't remember when we sent our packet, but I do know it was quite a while ago.

Nothing for now. It’s been 5 freaking weeks since the interview. It’s just starting to piss me off. But there’s nothing to be done about it. Just wait.. We filed the I-129F in Feb 2017! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.