JahRyl

February 2018 AOS Filers

1,401 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi All... fellow Feb filer here.

Just got an email that my EAD is in the mail or being processed or something, but I have my AOS interview in about 3 weeks from now anyway. Is the EAD slow or is the AOS interview quick ? Anyone recently done the interview, do we take all the stuff we already submitted again (it does say, unless already submitted), so I am not planning to, but they are also known for loosing stuff :rolleyes:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! i received RFIE for my EAD regarding with my name, they said that it doesn't match in their records because i am using now my husband last name and asking me for birth cert, passport, visa and marriage certificate. has anyone with the same situation with me? still waiting for any news about my AOS and Advance parole, Will my AOS be affected with the RFIE?  

And also, planning to send my RFIE tomorrow, should i include the original yellow paper from USCIS or a phocopied will do?  Thanks

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Qatar
Timeline
31 minutes ago, kimmykimmydora said:

Hi! i received RFIE for my EAD regarding with my name, they said that it doesn't match in their records because i am using now my husband last name and asking me for birth cert, passport, visa and marriage certificate. has anyone with the same situation with me? still waiting for any news about my AOS and Advance parole, Will my AOS be affected with the RFIE?  

And also, planning to send my RFIE tomorrow, should i include the original yellow paper from USCIS or a phocopied will do?  Thanks

You should include a photocopy of the RFIE/yellow paper. 

32 minutes ago, kimmykimmydora said:

May I know your PD?

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
39 minutes ago, kimmykimmydora said:

I think you should also try to create some documents to make a case for why you an EAD fast. To get an RFIE after I am guessing 4months for that which could delay your whole process 4 more months is just horrid horrid news. Hope all the best for you. USCIS is mind boggling.

Okay so quick update. I received an RFE based on my affidavit of support. Initially when I submitted my packet I was working full time but I had previously moved over from part time last year so the document does not reflect my actual yearly salary. I had included paystubs so they can actually see that I make well over the requirements and surely enough they did not acknowledge those to verify I was well above the 125% level. I am resubmitting those documents along with a letter from my employer stating I’m full time, my salary, W2, 2017 tax return and I am also going to write them a note so I don’t confuse them. Any other things you guys think I should include? 😕

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
10 hours ago, cocobean said:

Okay so quick update. I received an RFE based on my affidavit of support. Initially when I submitted my packet I was working full time but I had previously moved over from part time last year so the document does not reflect my actual yearly salary. I had included paystubs so they can actually see that I make well over the requirements and surely enough they did not acknowledge those to verify I was well above the 125% level. I am resubmitting those documents along with a letter from my employer stating I’m full time, my salary, W2, 2017 tax return and I am also going to write them a note so I don’t confuse them. Any other things you guys think I should include? 😕

How did they verify that you had changed jobs? Do they call employers? I recently left my job, looking for another. 

6 minutes ago, N & JJ said:

How did they verify that you had changed jobs? Do they call employers? I recently left my job, looking for another. 

I never left my job I just switched from part time to full time but because they visibly did not calculate it they sent me an RFE. I don’t think they verify anything with your employer per say verbally. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I woke to this morning with my apps notification that my case AOS I 485 is ready to be scheduled for Interview but when I checked with this website  https://my.uscis.gov/account/applicant.. 

it say we received your case and nothing more including my EAD too but when I checked withhttps://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

It say my case is ready to be scheduled for interview but my EAD it says the number does not exist and that is what have been getting all these while. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Tluck said:

I woke to this morning with my apps notification that my case AOS I 485 is ready to be scheduled for Interview but when I checked with this website  https://my.uscis.gov/account/applicant.. 

it say we received your case and nothing more including my EAD too but when I checked withhttps://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

It say my case is ready to be scheduled for interview but my EAD it says the number does not exist and that is what have been getting all these while. 

just wait for the letters in the mail. i wouldn't care too much about the online tracker. I have been here 7 months now, happily married and AOS interview in a few weeks. My I-129F still says, "Case Received" 463 days ago :jest:

Hey guys. Need some advice. I want to respond back to this RFE but since I recently switched from part time to full time my tax documents will not show that I earned the minimum requirements however the letter from my employer and the 6 months worth of paystubs I have obtained will. Do you think these in addition to some bank statements and other docs will be sufficient or should I be safe and get a cosponsor to avoid any confusion like the first time. 😒🤔🤔🤔

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cayman Islands
Timeline

Hey guys, so I did request to have my employment authorization document expedited based on the severe financial loss category to a company since I have a job offer from the company and then got 3 updates yesterday on my case status with this the most recent, ' 'on June 18, 2018, your request to have your case expedited, referral number MSC*** was completed.' I've been wondering what this could mean a denial or approval. Anyone with similar experiences please advise. Thanks!

9 hours ago, gtiorobertsf said:

Got another email today saying we are reviewing your case and no action since may 22nd.

Im thinking something is coming soon either the AOS interview or EAP/AP.

I've gotten this twice now... AOS was send late Jan/early Feb.  Nothing still other than those two emails.  EAD status has not changed at all as well.  Both say "Received on...".  She needs to fly back to her home country in the fall... We're starting to worry.

Edited by t1m1t

Just checked up USCIS DHS site and all three (i485, i765, i131) all still have the same status that they got when USCIS received her AOS packet.  The other USCIS site only shows her i765 and i131 statuses... Her i485 is no longer being shown... The last time I checked (about a month ago) showed the i485 status with a last updated date of 3/27.  Should I be worried about this??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.