JahRyl

February 2018 AOS Filers

1,401 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Qatar
Timeline
19 minutes ago, simonvikih79 said:

Thanks so much for the information. It’s so valuable. I hope we have our interviews scheduled as soon as possible because the wait time is beginning to weigh negatively on me as times go by.

No worries. 

Since were on the same boat we have to keep each other updated. 

This waiting is like us being hybernated, we can’t do anything but I’m not complaining though at least we’re with our husband/wife. 

Patience is a virtue. 

Have a blessed day to everyone.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cayman Islands
Timeline
28 minutes ago, JahRyl said:

Hi Simon!

Yeah so I just got to my infopass and inquired about my I485 status and was told that my case is ready to be schedule for an interview since March 21. However since my local office is taking up to 10 months for the interview date, i’ll just have to wait. 

And also to add that as per the IO EAD and AP will now take 5-7 months to be process. 

Sorry to bother you again. Did the IO say anything about the user-defined error(s) like how long it’s gonna go on or if we’ll ever be able to see the progress of our cases online again? Well, I read somewhere that those experiencing the errors were deliberately blocked by USCIS via their IP addresses due to high volumes of case status check online. I wonder how truthful is this.

Edited by simonvikih79

Timeline
7 minutes ago, simonvikih79 said:

Sorry to bother you again. Did the IO say anything about the user-defined error(s) like how long it’s gonna go on or if we’ll ever be able to see the progress of our cases online again? Well, I read somewhere that those experiencing the errors were deliberately blocked by USCIS via their IP addresses due to high volumes of case status check online. I wonder how truthful is this.

She told me that there is a system glitch with the case tracker and they are fixing it but will take time. 

We will just have to wait for it or wait for the mail if there is any update.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
1 hour ago, _Mia_ said:

Sorry not been on this thread much since my initial post. We also got the user defined error about a week ago (I had my biometrics beginning of April) we called USCIS this morning and the lady said that it means I’m put in the que for an interview but it will take between 11-24 months?! We live in Atlanta and I guess it’s a busy area but damn.. is this just one of those things they said with the i-129 when they were months off the actual processing times? Also, have anyone who filed for AP received theirs at all? We tried to expedite mine as I need to pick up my son from the U.K. but still nothing. We have an appointment at the info centre next months but I’m just a little bit clueless with the actual processing times here.

Hey Mia I am glad to see someone from the Atlanta area here in the forum!  We are also just waiting.  My hubby sent app back on 2/15/18 and had his biometric done on 3/16/18, which I thought was pretty quick.  About 2 weeks ago tracking began to work for his EAD (we did not file for AP) but it has never worked for AOS.  Since we in the same area I will keep you posted.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cayman Islands
Timeline
18 minutes ago, JahRyl said:

She told me that there is a system glitch with the case tracker and they are fixing it but will take time. 

We will just have to wait for it or wait for the mail if there is any update.

Okay 

13 minutes ago, Elena Ibrahim said:

Hey Mia I am glad to see someone from the Atlanta area here in the forum!  We are also just waiting.  My hubby sent app back on 2/15/18 and had his biometric done on 3/16/18, which I thought was pretty quick.  About 2 weeks ago tracking began to work for his EAD (we did not file for AP) but it has never worked for AOS.  Since we in the same area I will keep you posted.

Hey! That was super quick! We moved from Nashville so I had my biometrics up there. Unfortunately we missed our first appointment so it delayed the biometrics by a month which was super annoying. I’m hoping you guys’s EAD comes through soon, the wait is so boring lol. Where in Atlanta are you at? 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
19 minutes ago, _Mia_ said:

Hey! That was super quick! We moved from Nashville so I had my biometrics up there. Unfortunately we missed our first appointment so it delayed the biometrics by a month which was super annoying. I’m hoping you guys’s EAD comes through soon, the wait is so boring lol. Where in Atlanta are you at? 😊

Hey Mia..thank you...I sent you an inbox..

Anyone have any experience with SoCal (Orange County) offices? I'm still not able to find out any information about my wife's i485, i765, and i131.  Still no physical mail or emails.  I've been getting the error since March and still get it.  Another member has the same situation that we are currently in (uscis sites shows last updated on 3/27, but with no information when clicked), and said that after talking on the phone they were told their packet was in the pile to get looked at for an interview.  My wife needs to go back to her home country in the fall, and after reading some posts some are saying the queue could take anywhere from 11-24 months (?!).  Those members are not in my location (different state), so I was just wondering if anyone has experience with my area (for those who submitted late January, early February).  Thanks! 

55 minutes ago, t1m1t said:

Anyone have any experience with SoCal (Orange County) offices? I'm still not able to find out any information about my wife's i485, i765, and i131.  Still no physical mail or emails.  I've been getting the error since March and still get it.  Another member has the same situation that we are currently in (uscis sites shows last updated on 3/27, but with no information when clicked), and said that after talking on the phone they were told their packet was in the pile to get looked at for an interview.  My wife needs to go back to her home country in the fall, and after reading some posts some are saying the queue could take anywhere from 11-24 months (?!).  Those members are not in my location (different state), so I was just wondering if anyone has experience with my area (for those who submitted late January, early February).  Thanks! 

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Check here. We can't tell you any more than that page will.

02/14/18 - Married :wub: 

03/02/18 - AOS Sent 

04/02/18 - Biometrics appointment @ Field Office

04/16/18 - Courtesy letter received re: Medical

07/17/18 - EAD card in production, AP approved

07/21/18  - Combo card in hand

10/18/18 - GC Interview  (Approved on the spot)

5 hours ago, _Mia_ said:

That’s a relief to hear. I hate that there are no set processing time in this whole process.. I mean, I feel like my life has been on hold for the last year and a half and I litterally just want to start working and also go to see my family.. pretty much just want to feel like I’m in control of my own life again.. but it is what it is. It’s always good to hear other people’s experiences though just so you get an idea of what’s happening 🤦🏼‍♀️

I understand, my partner is feeling the same way and is starting to go a little stir crazy.  He's looking forward to getting his driver's license, getting a job, and going back over to Europe to visit his family/friends as well.

I've just completed my initial sweep up of all the documents and paperwork to photocopy/prepare/organize for the interview, and the stack is getting crazy big!  I'm taking everything from our original I-129f application, everything from the I-485 application, and new/additional supporting documents.  Somehow in our move/copying documents I've misplaced the NOA1 for the I-485 but I don't think they're going to be that concerned if we don't show up to the interview without that  :)  Just hope that we've got enough now so there will be no doubts about our relationship.

K1 Condensed Timeline:

02/27/17 - I-129F sent; 03/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy received; 06/15/17 - NOA2 hard copy received; 07/16/17 - NVC processing completed; 08/24/17 - Interview (Approved); 09/04/17 - Visa in Hand; 10/26/17 - POE; 12/20/17 - Marriage

AOS Condensed Timeline:

02/06/18 - I-485 sent; 02/20/18 - NOA1 hard copy received; 03/09/18 - Biometrics Completed; 04/21/18 - Interview Appointment Letter Received; 05/14/18 - Interview; 06/08/18 - Approved/Card in Production; 06/16/18 - GC Received

RoC Condensed Timeline:

3/10/20 - I-751 sent; 3/20/20 - NOA received - LIN; 3/10/21 - Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Reused; 4/05/21 - New Card is Being Produced

N400

03/25/21 - Application filed online; 01/15/22 - Interview Scheduled Notification;  02/22/22 - Interview; 02/22/22 - Interview Passed and Same Day Oath Ceremony.  DONE!!!

20 minutes ago, Britinstl said:

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Check here. We can't tell you any more than that page will.

Thanks for the link!  In regard to AP and EAD, my wife had both received on February 2nd.  We had her biometrics read about 3 weeks after.  Since then, there hasn't been any updates and all status checks show "received on".  The link states 2-5 months, so is it normal to still see that nothing has changed (it's been about 3 months since they were sent).  I've been seeing a lot of people get updates on their AP/EAD statuses after sending in biometrics, but we haven't seen anything (including any update on whether or not they received her biometric reading...).  Thanks again!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
14 hours ago, _Mia_ said:

Sorry not been on this thread much since my initial post. We also got the user defined error about a week ago (I had my biometrics beginning of April) we called USCIS this morning and the lady said that it means I’m put in the que for an interview but it will take between 11-24 months?! We live in Atlanta and I guess it’s a busy area but damn.. is this just one of those things they said with the i-129 when they were months off the actual processing times? Also, have anyone who filed for AP received theirs at all? We tried to expedite mine as I need to pick up my son from the U.K. but still nothing. We have an appointment at the info centre next months but I’m just a little bit clueless with the actual processing times here.

Hi Mia!  glad to see you back here.  I'm not sure about Atlanta's processing times, but here in Portland, we got our interview notice in the beginning of April.  We go to our interview in 2 weeks.  Our notice just showed up as a complete surprise, so maybe you will experience the same.  Best of luck!

Mike & Tuyen

First Meeting

Second Meeting

Engaged

I-129F Sent :

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2 :                              

NVC # Received

Interview Date   

Interview Result

Visa in Hand 

POE SFO                        

Married!!!!!!!

AOS/EAP/AP Mailed

AOS/EAP/AP NOA1

Biometrics Portland

Interview Portland

2016-09-30TuyenMike.jpg.07bbb29ef41b057de949396e27a8063c.jpg

2017-02-14

2017-02-18

2017-04-17

2017-04-24

2017-09-18

2017-09-30

2017-10-20

APPROVED!!!!!

2017-10-28

2017-11-14

2017-12-04

2018-02-02

2018-02-17

2018-03-14

2018-05-10

15 hours ago, Mike & Tuyen said:

Hi Mia!  glad to see you back here.  I'm not sure about Atlanta's processing times, but here in Portland, we got our interview notice in the beginning of April.  We go to our interview in 2 weeks.  Our notice just showed up as a complete surprise, so maybe you will experience the same.  Best of luck!

Hey!! 😊 I hope you guys are well! That’s really good new and I’m hapoy to hear that it went so quickly for you. God knows the I-129 felt like it dragged on forever 😂

Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
On 4/25/2018 at 2:10 PM, t1m1t said:

Thanks for the link!  In regard to AP and EAD, my wife had both received on February 2nd.  We had her biometrics read about 3 weeks after.  Since then, there hasn't been any updates and all status checks show "received on".  The link states 2-5 months, so is it normal to still see that nothing has changed (it's been about 3 months since they were sent).  I've been seeing a lot of people get updates on their AP/EAD statuses after sending in biometrics, but we haven't seen anything (including any update on whether or not they received her biometric reading...).  Thanks again!

I am in South OC as well and date received is Feb 3rd, had my biometrics and same as you, nothing changed on the tracker. I don’t think you should worry about it too much. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.