TBoneTX

June 2017 I-129F Filers, Part III

4,398 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Feeling a bit hopeless at this point, seeing many RFEs being turned around here on this board in a week.

We received a letter for the RFE on January 8th for more photos and a different copy of my divorce decree. I followed the instructions and included more evidence (much of it duplicated from the application submission because the RFE letter requested it): flight and hotel recipts along with passport pages), included photos with an explanation on the back of when, where, and who is in the photo, a notarized letter from my father attesting that he has been aware of our relationship and has met my fiancée, and organized and tagged all the documents by date.

I sent the package overnight on the 11th and it was received the 12th. Someone touched our file on the 19th with no status update and no letters in the mail since then. Repeated calls have yielded little more than “you need to wait 60 days”, which puts us at March 13th.

Is it possible that our case was lost? Flagged for something and is languishing in some sort of audit?

I know patience is our virtue here, and the wait is something we must do...I just feel...impossibly anxious and desperate that something is really wrong with our case.

1 minute ago, elwoodicious said:

Feeling a bit hopeless at this point, seeing many RFEs being turned around here on this board in a week.

We received a letter for the RFE on January 8th for more photos and a different copy of my divorce decree. I followed the instructions and included more evidence (much of it duplicated from the application submission because the RFE letter requested it): flight and hotel recipts along with passport pages), included photos with an explanation on the back of when, where, and who is in the photo, a notarized letter from my father attesting that he has been aware of our relationship and has met my fiancée, and organized and tagged all the documents by date.

I sent the package overnight on the 11th and it was received the 12th. Someone touched our file on the 19th with no status update and no letters in the mail since then. Repeated calls have yielded little more than “you need to wait 60 days”, which puts us at March 13th.

Is it possible that our case was lost? Flagged for something and is languishing in some sort of audit?

I know patience is our virtue here, and the wait is something we must do...I just feel...impossibly anxious and desperate that something is really wrong with our case.

Was the divorce decree signed by the judge?  I know that is a constant issue.  They need the file that has the judges stamp and signature.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, elwoodicious said:

No I would say it was a bigger rfe than most, and you waited 2.5 weeks and not all rfes come back soon.

as this rfe is related to 2 important things:

legitimacy of having met, and being single. I wouldn't be too concerned about it getting lost or anything. It is just getting reviewed again. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Was the divorce decree signed by the judge?  I know that is a constant issue.  They need the file that has the judges stamp and signature.

Signed, dated, and notarized... :(

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Naes said:

No I would say it was a bigger rfe than most, and you waited 2.5 weeks and not all rfes come back soon.

as this rfe is related to 2 important things:

legitimacy of having met, and being single. I wouldn't be too concerned about it getting lost or anything. It is just getting reviewed again. 

Ok, thank you for the reassurance. It is seemingly impossible to not let me mind run away with the worst of thoughts.

2 minutes ago, elwoodicious said:

Signed, dated, and notarized... :(

Perfect!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Question - I understand the K1 Visa is a non-immigrant visa, but when I go to the CEAC visa status check site my status shows up under immigrant visa (IV), not non-immigrant visa (NIV). Is this normal?

NOA1 - June 26, 2017

NOA2 - January 17, 2018

NVC # Received - January 31, 2018

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Gtuf22 said:

Question - I understand the K1 Visa is a non-immigrant visa, but when I go to the CEAC visa status check site my status shows up under immigrant visa (IV), not non-immigrant visa (NIV). Is this normal?

Yes it's normal.

for some embassies the same unit works on it because it is a visa with immigration intend.

15 hours ago, Allthephils said:

Our case is "ready"! Interview scheduled for Monday, the 5th at 8:40 am! :rolleyes: I may need me a Blue Moon on draft after this! 

How much time from at nvc did it get to being ready. And good luck to you guys, I wish you nothing but happiness after all this is done. Congrats 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, RobDean said:

How much time from at nvc did it get to being ready. And good luck to you guys, I wish you nothing but happiness after all this is done. Congrats 

Thanks!!! It took exactly a week for our case to go from "at NVC" to "ready". 

05.31.17--Mailed I-129 F

06.06.17--NOA

09.22.17--CFO Seminar
12.23.17--NOA 2

01.24.18--NVC Received/Case Number Assigned

01.29.18-01.30.18--Medical--PASSED!

01.30.18--NVC "in transit"

01.31.18--Cased received by USEM

02.05.18--Interview--PASSED!

02.09.18--VOH

02.27.18--POE

03.07.18--SSN 

04.14.18--Wedding day ❤️

05.09.18--Mailed AoS Packet 

05.14.18--AoS Packet Received 

06.07.18--Biometrics

10.04.18--EAD/AP Received

12.21.18--AoS Interview (APPROVED)

12.31.18--Green Card in Hand ❤️ 

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change." James 1:17 ESV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
23 hours ago, Meech said:

I checked once or twice a day and I never saw it switch to "in transit". It just went from "at nvc" to "ready". A kind user told me that it could have been "in transit" for just a few hours and I missed it. 

This happened to me yesterday!! It went to "in transit" at 4 pm and then when I check around 8pm (I'm a little bored, ok :P) it was at ready!!

14 minutes ago, RobDean said:

I took me 5 days. I got "in transit" for a total of 3 hours and then it switched over to ready.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Guys,

Somewhat silly question, but for the I134 and letter from employer - who should it be addressed to? Consulate or USCIS? Or no address necessary?

I'm putting the Consulate's address for our new letters of intent to marry, but am not sure about this one.

Edited by Hadassah123

K1                                                                                            AoS                                                                                                                                 N-400

I-129F Received: 05-June-2017                                        AoS, EAD & AP Filed: 15-June-2018                                                                         N-400 Filed: 29-Sept-2020

NOA2: 09-January-2018                                                      NOA1 on all three: 27-June-2018                                                                             NOA1: 28-Sept-2020

NVC Received/Case #: 24-January-2018                         Biometrics: 20-July-2018                                                                                           Interview Date: 16-Feb-2021

Consulate Received: 02-February-2018                           Case Ready For Interview: 24-July-2018                                                                 Oath Ceremony: 18-Feb-2021

Interview: 13-March-2018                                                   EAD & AP Approvals: 18-October-2018                                                                   Expedited under section 319(b) - overseas military orders

VOH: 17-March-2018                                                           Interview Scheduled: 8-April-2019 / Rescheduled on 17-April-2019                  Biometrics re-used from AOS application. Skipped ROC

POE (LAX): 11-April-2018                                                    Interview Date: 28-April-2019 - APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Hadassah123 said:

Guys,

Somewhat silly question, but for the I134 and letter from employer - who should it be addressed to? Consulate or USCIS? Or no address necessary?

I'm putting the Consulate's address for our new letters of intent to marry, but am not sure about this one.

My employer just addressed it as "To whom it may concern" and printed it on our institution's letter head.

05.31.17--Mailed I-129 F

06.06.17--NOA

09.22.17--CFO Seminar
12.23.17--NOA 2

01.24.18--NVC Received/Case Number Assigned

01.29.18-01.30.18--Medical--PASSED!

01.30.18--NVC "in transit"

01.31.18--Cased received by USEM

02.05.18--Interview--PASSED!

02.09.18--VOH

02.27.18--POE

03.07.18--SSN 

04.14.18--Wedding day ❤️

05.09.18--Mailed AoS Packet 

05.14.18--AoS Packet Received 

06.07.18--Biometrics

10.04.18--EAD/AP Received

12.21.18--AoS Interview (APPROVED)

12.31.18--Green Card in Hand ❤️ 

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change." James 1:17 ESV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.