Ciyara

Applying for tourist visa for mom and sister from Morocco

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello everyone, my husband and i sending affidavit of support and invitation to my mom and sister. They never traveled overseas. My mom is a housewife, my sister is high school student second year. She is 17 years old, but she has a serious health condition. She has to see her doctor every two months, recently she almost lost her sigh. She has brain problems. Anyway my father is going to sponsor them, my mom has her own money but she never put them in the bank. Now i have read  some of the topics that you have to show ties. that you have something to come back for. So now my mom is going to open new bank account and show that she has no intentions to stay neither my sister she can’t stay away from my mom and my mom can’t leave her back in Morocco with my father and brother. Should we add my sister health conditions with the doctor report. Any advice would be appreciated thank you 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ciyara said:

Hello everyone, my husband and i sending affidavit of support and invitation to my mom and sister. They never traveled overseas. My mom is a housewife, my sister is high school student second year. She is 17 years old, but she has a serious health condition. She has to see her doctor every two months, recently she almost lost her sigh. She has brain problems. Anyway my father is going to sponsor them, my mom has her own money but she never put them in the bank. Now i have read  some of the topics that you have to show ties. that you have something to come back for. So now my mom is going to open new bank account and show that she has no intentions to stay neither my sister she can’t stay away from my mom and my mom can’t leave her back in Morocco with my father and brother. Should we add my sister health conditions with the doctor report. Any advice would be appreciated thank you 

Sponsorship and invitation letters are not considered when issuing a tourist visa.  The applicants must qualify on there own merits

YMMV

Agreed...no sponsorship here.

Honestly, they have pretty low chances of approval from that embassy. But the only thing to lose by trying is the $160 application fee.

Regarding the medical issue, that is probably both a pro and a con. The pro is that she needs ongoing care that is being addressed in Morocco. The con is that she is at risk of requiring medical care while in the US, so showing sufficient funds to cover that risk (to avoid using public funds / skipping out on the bill) is typically desired. Personally, I wouldn't mention it unless asked.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

My first thought is if the Sister can get Travel Insurance, has that been checked?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
1 hour ago, CEE53147 said:

Preexisting conditions are not covered on most policies.  Some cover acute onset but not long term care.

I think pre existing conditions would not be covered under any policy, as standard, something like this would need to be individually written to see if coverage was available for the consequences of the conditions if not the condition itself.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

opening a bank account just to get visa is frowned on in morocco / it should be an older and well established bank account

mother needs to own property (house or apartment or land like a farm)

needs strong ties to retrun home like husband or younger children

mother usually are granted to visit US but i see by your timeline the Moroccan is not yet a USC / i would wait for that to happen to apply 

we applied for his mom last year / Adil came in 2015 and she did not get the tourist visa/ was told to become USC and than apply

the sister little chance to get a tourist visa / the Casa embassy considers that young girls or boys will find marriage here and AOS to stay

she certainly does not have a job or own property or have that established account (that application would be waste of money)

Sorry if i sound blunt but i try to say honestly what we have seen happen in Morocco

Edited by adil-rafa

Timeline

Thank you all for replying. My mother doesn’t have account but she does have cash very decent cash. Also she owns lands with her siblings. When it comes to bank account my father does have bank account, if he is the one supporting them is it possible to rely on his? And my mom can show that she owns lands with her siblings. About my sister yes we are going to get her international travel insurance. And for ties my mother is leaving my 19 years old brother, and father who just got a brain surgery one month ago. I don’t know but i feel like this is more than enough 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ciyara said:

Thank you all for replying. My mother doesn’t have account but she does have cash very decent cash. Also she owns lands with her siblings. When it comes to bank account my father does have bank account, if he is the one supporting them is it possible to rely on his? And my mom can show that she owns lands with her siblings. About my sister yes we are going to get her international travel insurance. And for ties my mother is leaving my 19 years old brother, and father who just got a brain surgery one month ago. I don’t know but i feel like this is more than enough 

Playing devils advocate:

1.So what is she intending to do with the cash, take it to the Consulate?

2. Why is owning land with her siblings relevant, why does that require her to return.

3 She is apply for the visa, not her Husband.

4. Sounds like you have not investigated the travel insurance issues.

5. What relevance is a 19 year old adult son?

6. Sounds like her husband can be left, well otherwise why is she applying for a visa?

Timeline

go ahead and apply for them send in relevent documentation you will be responsible for their stay in the us, that all you can do and hope for the best.

best of luck.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

father just have brain surgery and she is planning to not stay and care for him?

not a good idea to mention

19 year old can be self supporting / is not a good reason to return to Morocco

only way sister could get here is a possible treatment by one of our doctors with treatment not available in Morocco but you need to afford this

Timeline
35 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

father just have brain surgery and she is planning to not stay and care for him?

not a good idea to mention

19 year old can be self supporting / is not a good reason to return to Morocco

only way sister could get here is a possible treatment by one of our doctors with treatment not available in Morocco but you need to afford this

They want to apply in June or July not now. And leaving 19 year old in Morocco is not like USA he can’t support him self. My sister have a really good doctor she is not in need of any other doctor help. And yes they can afford it brain doctors and surgeries are not cheap in Morocco. Because they wanted to come for a visit i miss them and they do too. They have no interest for overstaying. Mom and sister can’ Stay more than two months. And it will be too much for mom. I read a lot of posts and every post is different, and when i decided to post i was just looking for information and thank you all

Don't understand how a 19 y/o can't support himself. He is old enough to get married start his own family, get a job, drive,  join the military, go to college, start a business, etc etc.

We understand that you miss your family which is why the easiest, fastest, and simplest solution is for you to visit them. Especially since your father just had brain surgery.

Edited by NuestraUnion

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline
36 minutes ago, NuestraUnion said:

Don't understand how a 19 y/o can't support himself. He is old enough to get married start his own family, get a job, drive,  join the military, go to college, start a business, etc etc.

We understand that you miss your family which is why the easiest, fastest, and simplest solution is for you to visit them. Especially since your father just had brain surgery.

I posted here to get help from people who have been in the same situation .and i mentioned Morocco so i can get respectful and useful information. If i can’t go i have my own reasons which you should respect. And i believe this form is made to help others in different situations no matter what. Also if i read something and i feel like i can help with any useful advice if not i would be more respectful to the others and not say whatever. Please 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.