pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

Filed: Country:
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Missabc said:

I don't believe he has a retirement plan. All he has is the health insurance through his work which has me as the beneficiary if anything was to happen to him. 

And I'm unfamiliar with the state issued id? I only have my SSN card. 

I think I'm probably over thinking this, I just need to be optimistic that its enough. I put together almost 40 pictures (most with family and friends) just to try bulk it up 

You can take your documents and sd card to the dmv to get a state issued id maybe your state will accept that. I think what you have is good enough just make sure everything is well organized. When asked for joint documents, vice the most important ones first such as joint tax, joint bank, joint lease, joint insurance, (car, health, life etc), joint bills so on and so forth. Do not offer IO anything that wasnt asked for. Again to reiterate make sure you are well organized and can find your documents easily without fumbling and rummaged through papers. For every documents u plan on presenting take copies with u to give IO becuz they will keep your original if u didnt give a copy. If your pics are in an album, it's best to make footnotes of who, when and where! I arranged our album wedding pics first, pics with just the two of us,  then us with family, us with friends and I had notes so IO didn't have to ask a bunch of questions. Now Relax and good luck

Edited by Stt

15 minutes ago, Stt said:

You can take your documents and sd card to the dmv to get a state issued id maybe your state will accept that. I think what you have is good enough just make sure everything is well organized. When asked for joint documents, vice the most important ones first such as joint tax, joint bank, joint lease, joint insurance, (car, health, life etc), joint bills so on and so forth. Do not offer IO anything that wasnt asked for. Again to reiterate make sure you are well organized and can find your documents easily without fumbling and rummaged through papers. For every documents u plan on presenting take copies with u to give IO becuz they will keep your original if u didnt give a copy. If your pics are in an album, it's best to make footnotes of who, when and where! I arranged our album wedding pics first, pics with just the two of us,  then us with family, us with friends and I had notes so IO didn't have to ask a bunch of questions. Now Relax and good luck

Thank you for responding, yep I'm a bit of an organise freak, I'll be purchasing a file this week to organise the paperwork. 

I'd did exactly that with the pictures last night. I've just added them all neatly to a word document and stated who is in each picture an where. 

I-129F Sent: 21/02/2017                                                                                                                                                 Marriage: 12/01/2018

I-129F Received Date: 23/02/2017                                                                                                                               AOS/EAD/AP Sent :

I-129F NOA1: 28/02/2017

RFE: 12/07/2017

RFE Hard Copy Received: 17/07/2017

RFE Response Sent Back: 18/07/2017

RFE Received By USCIS: 21/07/2017

I-129F NOA2: 18/08/2017 (176 Days)

NVC Received: 31/08/2017 (13 Days)

NVC Left: 06/09/2017 (6 Days)

Consulate Received: 08/09/2017

Letter from embassy (Packet 3): 11/09/2017
Medical at Knightsbridge: 28/09/2017

Interview: 10/10/2017 APPROVED!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just checking in since it's been a couple months. No news.

Currently our local office is showing only 5 interviews in the past two years, with 22 K1 I-485 NOA1s listed here on the site (so probably more like a couple hundred.)

Everyone with January 2017 NOA1s has had an interview, but no one with April 2017 does, and we're January 2018. Looks like a long wait ahead.

Edited by twoDs

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everyone!  

I have a question. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.  Has anyone used their advance parole recently? 

1. Did you have any issues?

2. What documents did you bring? Passport and Advance Parole or did you bring more evidence?

I need to go back home and I am getting a little nervous about leaving. Thanks in advance!

On 9/16/2018 at 7:05 PM, DanielTan said:

Hi everyone!  

I have a question. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.  Has anyone used their advance parole recently? 

2. What documents did you bring? Passport and Advance Parole or did you bring more evidence?

I need to go back home and I am getting a little nervous about leaving. Thanks in advance!

A friend of mine went on vacation to Mexico 2 weeks ago and had no problems using the AP!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:05 PM, DanielTan said:

Hi everyone!  

I had the same question a while back as well.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hey guys,

We received a notice to attend our Green Card interview mid-October. One of the requirements is that we bring our I-693 (vaccination info in a sealed envelope) unless already submitted. Is this document what my husband had to give during his K-1 interview at the US consulate in Dublin? I remember that he had to see a doctor and take a sealed envelope to his interview. 

Does that mean I don't need to worry about it because it was already submitted? Or is this something else? We tried to call but USCIS is USELESS. So so so so so not helpful. 

Thanks,

Rae

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cayman Islands
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Rae Bulin said:

Hey guys,

We received a notice to attend our Green Card interview mid-October. One of the requirements is that we bring our I-693 (vaccination info in a sealed envelope) unless already submitted. Is this document what my husband had to give during his K-1 interview at the US consulate in Dublin? I remember that he had to see a doctor and take a sealed envelope to his interview. 

Does that mean I don't need to worry about it because it was already submitted? Or is this something else? We tried to call but USCIS is USELESS. So so so so so not helpful. 

Thanks,

Rae

The I-693 form they are talking about was supposed to be submitted at the time you’re mailing your AOS package. If you didn’t include that, you may need to go with one on the day of your interview or it may delay the adjudication process. Go to the USCIS website and search for their designated and accredited doctors to perform this exercise. Hope this helps!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Rae Bulin said:

Hey guys,

Thanks,

Rae

Since you are a k1 the medical had to be completed before the k1 interview. The  I 693 is handed over at the interview (by the beneficiary) and then placed in the sealed envelope that was brought to the border and given to the officer upon entering the USA (or forwarded to USCIS electronically) You do not have to do the medical again (unless instructed to do so by USCIS).

Do you have a copy of your immunizations? (I would take a copy to the interview)

How long ago was your medical completed? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
5 minutes ago, janet3 said:

Since you are a k1 the medical had to be completed before the k1 interview. The  I 693 is handed over at the interview (by the beneficiary) and then placed in the sealed envelope that was brought to the border and given to the officer upon entering the USA (or forwarded to USCIS electronically) You do not have to do the medical again (unless instructed to do so by USCIS).

Do you have a copy of your immunizations? (I would take a copy to the interview)

How long ago was your medical completed? 

My husband completed the medical 11 months ago. I did just read this on the I-693 instructions: 

3. What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical examination overseas?

If you were admitted as a:

A. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e); or

B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen; and

C. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then:

(1) You are not required to have another medical examination as long as you file your Form I-485 within one year of an overseas medical examination; and

(a) The panel physician did not find a class A medical condition during your overseas examination; or

(b) The panel physician did find a class A medical condition, you received a waiver of inadmissibility, and you have complied with the terms and conditions of the waiver.

(2) Even if a new medical examination is not required, you must still show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the Part 9. Vaccination Record completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you must submit Parts 1., 2., 3., 4., 6., and 9. of Form I-693.

I sent the Form I-485 in January so I think we are okay?

Edited by Rae Bulin

Not sure if anyone is in same situation as me...we submitted the I-485 around mid Jan, got EAD/AP card on June 14, but haven't received anything for the AOS yet...I checked the case status and it shows:
"My Case Status does not recognize the receipt number entered. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283."

I tried calling that number and can't seem to find an option for a live representative.....:clock:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Rae Bulin said:

My husband completed the medical 11 months ago. I did just read this on the I-693 instructions: 

3. What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical examination overseas?

If you were admitted as a:

A. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e); or

B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen; and

C. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then:

(1) You are not required to have another medical examination as long as you file your Form I-485 within one year of an overseas medical examination; and

(a) The panel physician did not find a class A medical condition during your overseas examination; or

(b) The panel physician did find a class A medical condition, you received a waiver of inadmissibility, and you have complied with the terms and conditions of the waiver.

(2) Even if a new medical examination is not required, you must still show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the Part 9. Vaccination Record completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you must submit Parts 1., 2., 3., 4., 6., and 9. of Form I-693.

I sent the Form I-485 in January so I think we are okay?

Yes. USCIS should already have your I 693. So, no, you do not have to do another medical exam (unless USCIS makes you do one again....which, in my opinion, is not very likely).

Did your husband receive a copy of the DS 3025 (the immunizations record)?

Is the DS 3025 marked “complete” at the bottom of the page?

On 9/15/2018 at 11:22 AM, twoDs said:

Just checking in since it's been a couple months. No news.

Currently our local office is showing only 5 interviews in the past two years, with 22 K1 I-485 NOA1s listed here on the site (so probably more like a couple hundred.)

Everyone with January 2017 NOA1s has had an interview, but no one with April 2017 does, and we're January 2018. Looks like a long wait ahead.

I am in the same boat. A few rogue interviews by vjers from after we filed but nothing much. So long wait for us as well.

I finished my 7 weeks of training at work and tomorrow will be the end of my first official week. I got stuck on a call last night and clocked half an hour overtime woohoo. I was super scared Monday and Tuesday and told myself Wednesday to breath and say I got this I can do this over and over. My coach reviewed calls with me and was pleased with what she heard and only had a few things for me to work on. Still scary though. Oh well one more day and it is the weekend woohoo.

Laughing at all the talk of evidence. I haven't even thought about it much. I just realized that since I am the one that works now as my fiance is looking for work that all our health insurance etc is my name with him as the beneficiary. lol We are doing good though. Still loving life together. :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 9/19/2018 at 7:43 AM, TearsOfBabylon said:

A friend of mine went on vacation to Mexico 2 weeks ago and had no problems using the AP!

Thanks so much for the response. I will let everyone know how it goes. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.