pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, Laura123 said:

I have my interview April 24th in two days at the Chicago office. Went way to quick. My online status shows employment base as well, and I’m adjusting from F1.. I’ll let u know how to goes, a bit nervous 

Ooooo good luck! I wish you all the best and hope it’s not awful! Yes, please let us know what happens! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Question for those who had or are preparing for Interview. So, my case status say that my case is ready to be scheduled an Interview, but I am already thinking about the documents to bring for an Interview to prove Bona fide marriage and I kind of made a little list. Our situation looks like that: after we got married we moved with my husband’s mother in GA, as my husband is working only may-september in Maine for about 20 years, we are moving there again in one month, but we didnt change the address yet, as there is still couple weeks left. In his contract it state that his employer is providing the accomodation and food and all the utilities, so we do not have any lease or bills on our name really. So the documents I am trying to get are:

- letter from my mother in law stating that we were living with her and sharing the bills with her since October to may.

-my husband’s contract stating all his work conditions and confirming our accomodation there with the letter of employment made by his employer explaining that we will were living there before together and we will be living there this year

-phone plan made together and phone bills on both our names

-husband’s 2017 tax Return filed as married 

-co-sponsor’s 2017 tax Return 

-boarding passes and bus tickets from our together’s trips from last couple months 

-screenshots from our Amazon and etsy accounts showing both our debit/credit card informations and showing wedding shopping we made from those accounts, or orders made from my account but shipped to his name and adress where we both lived 

-envelopes from letters we received together on his mom’s adress confirming that we lived there (more and less official)

-couple of wedding cards we received

-our guest book with polaroid pictures and wishes made by guests at the wedding

-couple of pictures made together during 6 years together

K1 visa adventure 

02/01/2017- I-129F packet send to Dallas

02/13/2017- NoA1 hard copy (notice date 02/07, received date 02/03)

05/05/2017- NOA2 (hard copy received by mail 05/11, no e-notification)

05/25/2017- NVC number receiveD

06/19/2017- Embassy Interview: APPROVED!

06/26/2017- POE Boston

09/02/2017- we got married!

AOS adventure

02/20/2018- AOS send via USPS

02/23/2018- AOS received 

03/14/2018- text and email notifications

03/13/2018- NOA notice date (i-485, i-131)

04/04/2018- biometrics appointment (I-485)

04/18/2018- case ready for scheduling Interview 

05/24/2018- EAD approved (expedited on 05/04)

06/01/2018- EAD delivered to me

07/30/2018- AP approved

08/01/2018- AP approval notice received in the mail

01/10/2019-  Interview- approved on the spot

01/17/2019- Green Card received by mail

ROC adventure

10/16/2020- I-751 packet sent to Phoenix,AZ

10/19/2020- delivered to AZ lockbox by USPS

11/02/2020- Notice date

11/4/2020- check cashed and text- SRC

11/10/2020- received NOA extension letter for 18 months 

12/16/2020- Case transferred to NBC

02/10/2021- New Card is Being Produced

02/24/2021- GC received in the mailbox :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi friends! I know it's the weekend but we received an update yesterday! Unfortunately, it's an odd update. It says we cancelled your interview, but I haven't received anything since my RFE back in March. Has anyone gotten anything similar and hasn't rescheduled their interview?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
8 hours ago, pattyandvern said:

Question for those who had or are preparing for Interview. So, my case status say that my case is ready to be scheduled an Interview, but I am already thinking about the documents to bring for an Interview to prove Bona fide marriage and I kind of made a little list. Our situation looks like that: after we got married we moved with my husband’s mother in GA, as my husband is working only may-september in Maine for about 20 years, we are moving there again in one month, but we didnt change the address yet, as there is still couple weeks left. In his contract it state that his employer is providing the accomodation and food and all the utilities, so we do not have any lease or bills on our name really. So the documents I am trying to get are:

- letter from my mother in law stating that we were living with her and sharing the bills with her since October to may.

-my husband’s contract stating all his work conditions and confirming our accomodation there with the letter of employment made by his employer explaining that we will were living there before together and we will be living there this year

-phone plan made together and phone bills on both our names

-husband’s 2017 tax Return filed as married 

-co-sponsor’s 2017 tax Return 

-boarding passes and bus tickets from our together’s trips from last couple months 

-screenshots from our Amazon and etsy accounts showing both our debit/credit card informations and showing wedding shopping we made from those accounts, or orders made from my account but shipped to his name and adress where we both lived 

-envelopes from letters we received together on his mom’s adress confirming that we lived there (more and less official)

-couple of wedding cards we received

-our guest book with polaroid pictures and wishes made by guests at the wedding

-couple of pictures made together during 6 years together

Those documents seem good!

You could also provide joint bank accounts, health and auto insurance under your names (if you have them). I think those are the things I added on top of the ones you mentioned above.

AOS JOURNEY

AOS package sent: 01/22/18 

NOA1 dated: 01/26/18

NOA1 text/emails: 01/29/18

NOA1 Hardcopies: 02/02/18

Biometrics: 02/23/18

Interview scheduled for: 05/08/18

Green Card Approved & Card in Production: 05/08/18

Card was Mailed to me: 05/11/18

Card Received: 05/15/18                                                        

ROC JOURNEY

ROC package sent: 02/08/20

ROC received in AZ: 02/10/20

Check cashed + Text message with case #: 02/14/20

NOA1 dated: 02/13/20

Biometrics: 05/07/20 (text + email stating bio was taken)

"Card in Production": 07/07/20

"Case was approved": 07/08/20

Approval notice received: 07/11/20

"Card was mailed to me": 07/28/20

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
1 hour ago, DebbieWRaney said:

Those documents seem good!

You could also provide joint bank accounts, health and auto insurance under your names (if you have them). I think those are the things I added on top of the ones you mentioned above.

Thank you!

K1 visa adventure 

02/01/2017- I-129F packet send to Dallas

02/13/2017- NoA1 hard copy (notice date 02/07, received date 02/03)

05/05/2017- NOA2 (hard copy received by mail 05/11, no e-notification)

05/25/2017- NVC number receiveD

06/19/2017- Embassy Interview: APPROVED!

06/26/2017- POE Boston

09/02/2017- we got married!

AOS adventure

02/20/2018- AOS send via USPS

02/23/2018- AOS received 

03/14/2018- text and email notifications

03/13/2018- NOA notice date (i-485, i-131)

04/04/2018- biometrics appointment (I-485)

04/18/2018- case ready for scheduling Interview 

05/24/2018- EAD approved (expedited on 05/04)

06/01/2018- EAD delivered to me

07/30/2018- AP approved

08/01/2018- AP approval notice received in the mail

01/10/2019-  Interview- approved on the spot

01/17/2019- Green Card received by mail

ROC adventure

10/16/2020- I-751 packet sent to Phoenix,AZ

10/19/2020- delivered to AZ lockbox by USPS

11/02/2020- Notice date

11/4/2020- check cashed and text- SRC

11/10/2020- received NOA extension letter for 18 months 

12/16/2020- Case transferred to NBC

02/10/2021- New Card is Being Produced

02/24/2021- GC received in the mailbox :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey january aos submitters. I saw alot of january people have fast turnaround for interview (3-4 months). I have question for those that know about the interview. Do they ever seperate spouses for the first interview? Just want to be calm in case it does happen. Thanks for info. Also good luck to everyone going in this week. Looks like the first week of interviews for janurt submitters.

On 4/16/2018 at 3:12 PM, Keith & Monica said:

You need the I-94 for a number of things.  They will not accept you hand writing on it.  Did you by chance change your passport from the last time you entered to this time?  If you input the Travelers Info correctly, it will show you the Most Recent I-94 data and you can print it.  If that is not happening, then you will need to contact the US Customs and Border Protection and find out what is up.  What was your POE?  

I got it fixed! :D thanks for your help! the Admit until date is now 6/11/2018 ^_^

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
On 4/8/2018 at 11:15 AM, lafe4c said:

Why don't he go for an early walk-in? I was scheduled for a particular date and I went for the biometrics early. Several people on the forum also tried it and it was smooth and successful. i would rather you go for it early than re-scheduling. 

Sorry I never replied to this, but he walked in early and had zero problems, 9 days before his scheduled appt - thank you for the advice! 

I am confused with the EAD fee. On the USCIS site it says the application for work is 410$ but he AOS along with Biometrics fee is $1,225. Is the 410$ included or separate? what are your guys experiences with AOS application? 

Filed: Country:
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Cristina24 said:

I am confused with the EAD fee. On the USCIS site it says the application for work is 410$ but he AOS along with Biometrics fee is $1,225. Is the 410$ included or separate? what are your guys experiences with AOS application? 

Ead fee is waived when you file concurrently with or pending AOS

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
On 4/16/2018 at 2:24 PM, lafe4c said:

I dey o! no wahala...

Hi @Lafe4u,

Tomorrow being ur interview I wish you all the best, but could you be nice enuf to share the list of your supporting documents you have prepared for tomorrow.?

Thanks in anticipation..

Timeline

I received my Interview letter today!!

Just a quick synopsis of my Timeline

My case was received Jan 23rd, 2018

Biometrics Appt. Feb 22nd (Philadelphia)

Case last updated online-  March 26th (although when I clicked on my case it only states that my case was received Jan 23rd. No other information or updates)

April 18th- Interview letter sent by USCIS

April 23th- Interview letter received by me

Interview date- May 24th (Philadelphia)

Hope this helps.

Also, if anyone has gone through, or is about to go through the interview, please post your interview experience for us so we can all be better prepared.

GOOD LUCK!

Timeline
On 4/20/2018 at 7:15 PM, Kimberly24 said:

Hello Kateryna, 

We also got word last week that our interview is scheduled at the Philadelphia office May 16. We filed in Mid January. We have similar timelines. 

Good Luck to you and all. 

Just got my notice today, we filed Jan 23rd, interview is May 24th for Philadelphia as well. Good luck!

1 hour ago, Aker said:

I received my Interview letter today!!

Just a quick synopsis of my Timeline

My case was received Jan 23rd, 2018

Biometrics Appt. Feb 22nd (Philadelphia)

Case last updated online-  March 26th (although when I clicked on my case it only states that my case was received Jan 23rd. No other information or updates)

April 18th- Interview letter sent by USCIS

April 23th- Interview letter received by me

Interview date- May 24th (Philadelphia)

Hope this helps.

Also, if anyone has gone through, or is about to go through the interview, please post your interview experience for us so we can all be better prepared.

GOOD LUCK!

Did you get an email update from USCIS stating they'd sent you an interview letter? I'm at 'ready to be scheduled' on my tracker, so want to know what to expect next! :) 

02/14/18 - Married :wub: 

03/02/18 - AOS Sent 

04/02/18 - Biometrics appointment @ Field Office

04/16/18 - Courtesy letter received re: Medical

07/17/18 - EAD card in production, AP approved

07/21/18  - Combo card in hand

10/18/18 - GC Interview  (Approved on the spot)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.