Hopefulm

Visa based on Nikkah on skype

79 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, Lazybones18 said:

My brother in Law from Pakistan is on OPT visa here ... He also not leaving country until he gains permanent employment in USA ...

Just google news search "OPT visa refused entry" and you will be surprised

and Yes a lot of things are being done based on nationality when it comes to immigration by the current administration

The current admin is simply enforcing the laws on the books, just as much as Pakistan is doing the same. Pakistan is not on the banned list. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

47 minutes ago, WeGuyGal said:

Did I miss something somewhere?  Last I recall, OP stated her fiance could not leave Pak being a doctor, or something along those lines. Hence he wouldnt risk leaving the US for fear of being stuck in pak. 

I thought her fiance/Skype spouse did not want to leave the US for fear of not being allowed to return to the US.  He has a non-immigrant visa to stay in the US and sounds like an Optional Practical Training (OPT) program or such.  Either way, she is not able to get an immigrant visa and may not be able to append her as a follow to join thing.

I think now the OP will need to wait for him to get GC or at least a stronger visa before they can move forward with their marriage together.  That will come later.

I would like to mention that I do believe if someone was prevented from boarding the plane, that may not be the US's doing.  The US border check point starts at the US border in the US airport, am I wrong?

Signature coming soon...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
58 minutes ago, WeGuyGal said:

Did I miss something somewhere?  Last I recall, OP stated her fiance could not leave Pak being a doctor, or something along those lines. Hence he wouldnt risk leaving the US for fear of being stuck in pak. 

She stated: "Basically due to ban by Trump administration on certain countries, there have been cases where some doctors were not let board flights for no apparent reasons. And now they can't go to US. He is afraid as this might occur to him if he comes to Pakistan. This would jeopardize his career."

And when it was suggested they meet in a 3rd country (such as somewhere in the EU), she shot it down for a similar reason ("He won't be allowed to re enter US most probably.").  Pakistan is not the problem. She (the OP) is saying CBP would be the problem, not Pakistan. 

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Seems most likely he is the problem.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

On 12/26/2017 at 1:32 PM, Hopefulm said:

Good day everyone,

I've got a marriage proposal for me where the guy is working in US as doctor. He is currently training for specialization. Due to current uncertainty he can't come back to Pakistan as there have been cases where people were not let to board flights. He does not want to risk his training.

I was wondering is it still possible to get Visa based on Nikkah on Skype. Or its a long shot.

Thanks.

On 12/26/2017 at 2:15 PM, Hopefulm said:

Basically due to ban by Trump administration on certain countries, there have been cases where some doctors were not let board flights for no apparent reasons. And now they can't go to US. He is afraid as this might occur to him if he comes to Pakistan. This would jeopardize his career.

I-751 journey

The way I read OP's early posts, Pakistan is the problem, but could be the devil is in the details. 

I-751 journey

A Medical Doctor on OPT? It would be rare because most of them get a J1 to do their MD and not an F1 (which has OPT).  

Plus, the OPT for MD lasts only 12 months so how long has he been saying he cannot meet you?

If he is on OPT, maybe he cannot leave because his F1 stamp expired. He would have to go to Pakistan and renew the visa, which is totally understandable if he does not want to do that because it will take long and he probably does not have enough holidays. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Coco8 said:

If he is on OPT, maybe he cannot leave because his F1 stamp expired. He would have to go to Pakistan and renew the visa, which is totally understandable if he does not want to do that because it will take long and he probably does not have enough holidays. 

He would have probably just said that if that were the case. 

I think Boiler is right: the dude is the problem; not CBP, Trump, his visa, nor Pakistan. 

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

7 hours ago, WeGuyGal said:

The way I read OP's early posts, Pakistan is the problem, but could be the devil is in the details. 

But she said the same problem would happen if they met in Europe, implying that it’s the US that supposedly is the problem. Which it isn’t. 

9 hours ago, Lazybones18 said:

My brother in Law from Pakistan is on OPT visa here ... He also not leaving country until he gains permanent employment in USA ...

and Yes a lot of things are being done based on nationality when it comes to immigration by the current administration

Hm, yes the current administration does mean that things are being done by nationality, but not to Pakistanis who comply with all the terms of their visas.

(PS I did your google search and came up with lots of Indians being denied, faked paperwork, people not realizing that OPT EAD validity does not mean you can re-enter if the underlying F1 is expired, etc. Also these stories date back years - 2011, 2014 etc. so not sure where or how the “current administration” targeting Pakistanis with all their paperwork in order, becomes an issue.)

Edited by SusieQQQ

If you look for it, you can find plenty of people being denied for a wide variety of reasons. :P Rather than focusing on if somebody else is denied, it's better to focus on one's individual case if there's a reason for CBP to deny entry.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Other Timeline
On 12/29/2017 at 3:00 PM, Lazybones18 said:

Thay is an optimistic  statement. Many on OPT NEVER get a work visa much less a green card.  If he stays illegally, he will never have the chance to get one.

Filed: Timeline

we can keep guessing but will never really know.

Op,

If you would like concrete answers, please provide a lot more details such as what kind of visa is he on in the US.

2006 - Entered US on F-1
2009 - COS to H-1
2011 - Married USC

Conditional GC Process:
04/2012 - Concurrent I-130 petition / I-485 AOS / I-765 EAD / I-131 AP sent
35 days to biometrics, 73 days to EAD/AP combo card, 85 days to interview, 96 days to Conditional Green Card

04/2014 - Eligible for ROC

06/2014 - I-751 package filing joint with spouse sent

5 days to extension,37 days to biometrics, 172 days to CSC transfer, 247 days to Green Card

04/2015 - Eligible for Citizenship

09/2015 - N-400 package filing on basis of USC spouse sent

29 days to biometrics, 105 days to interview, 147 days to oath and US citizenship

~ 9 years and 6 months from first entry to US citizenship

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.