Migaloo

I-129F December 2017 Filers

3,578 posts in this topic

Went ahead and tried ours case number, it worked this time. We even got our NOA1 a few days earlier than the day we received the notifications, they saved us a week. :D . Anyone else that was having issues should try now.

Edited by Sav&Har

6 hours ago, Canadianmusician said:

Got the acceptance text/email today! I entered our receipt number on the website just to see if anything would happen, and it worked! It actually says that our application was received on Dec. 29th, which is strange because according to USPS it was delivered on Jan 2nd... So my question is: Should I count days from today or from Dec. 29th, or wait until we get the paper NOA1? 

Same happened to us, we got the notifications on the 27th but its shows as received on the 20th. Just count from the date they give to you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Annlee21 said:

Lol I’m hoping  into being with mine in September. Us both are very optimistic 😃

Well my wedding is scheduled for September 30

Hello all. Glad to be with family from the same group. I got my NOA 1 on 12/7 with a received date of 12/1. Lets hope the noa1 to noa2 time drops significantly. It was approximately 50 days in Nov/Dec of 2016. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

We filled my K1 visa on the 4th December 2017 and received our Notice from USCIS application received on the 18th.

Now we wait on further news. Just hope that I will get good news soon.

4 hours ago, deepakchani said:

Hello all. Glad to be with family from the same group. I got my NOA 1 on 12/7 with a received date of 12/1. Lets hope the noa1 to noa2 time drops significantly. It was approximately 50 days in Nov/Dec of 2016. 

58 minutes ago, Vintage girl said:

We filled my K1 visa on the 4th December 2017 and received our Notice from USCIS application received on the 18th.

Now we wait on further news. Just hope that I will get good news soon.

What date do we put on the timeline? The received date or the day we get it? Yes let’s be optimistic and hope they take the same amount of time as they did last year. 

For us December 2017 filers, is setting a religious ceremony (in the US) date in Dec 2018, a good call? I doubt it will take 13 months for K1 to get approved. Thoughts?

Edited by deepakchani

On 1/5/2018 at 8:19 PM, MandW said:

yep...your fiancé's  will be here around sept or Oct later this year ..good luck through the long wait!

Good luck with that.  Hopefully things speed up that much.  I know us June filers are looking at a full year.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

16 minutes ago, deepakchani said:

For us December 2017 filers, is setting a religious ceremony (in the US) date in Dec 2018, a good call? I doubt it will take 13 months for K1 to get approved. Thoughts?

Best rule is to not plan anything until you have visa in hand.  There are way too many places where delays can impact you.  There are also stories here of people who have lost thousands on deposits because of the delays.

Honestly, you probably will make it fine but there is also a chance that you can get caught in any number of delays.  AP after the approved interview can even be months.

You will probably be fine but be careful with the deposits and expenditures that you cant get back in case of delay.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

18 hours ago, Dgaines205 said:

Well my wedding is scheduled for September 30

Ohhhh.  I will pray for you.  That is truly pushing it.  Be very careful with you deposits.  

220 days for NOA2 would be July 28.  USCIS is holding files for up to 8 weeks before they even send them to NVC.  That is September 28.  Then you have to schedule the interview, do the medical, wait to receive the visa and fly to the states.  Most embassies take about 10 days to get the visa to you after the approved interview.  If you can do all that in a month you are already at October 28.  You can probably cut a few weeks off this but not much more than that.  If USCIS starts sending files sooner that will really help.  If not it will be tough.

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, John & Rose said:

Ohhhh.  I will pray for you.  That is truly pushing it.  Be very careful with you deposits.  

220 days for NOA2 would be July 28.  USCIS is holding files for up to 8 weeks before they even send them to NVC.  That is September 28.  Then you have to schedule the interview, do the medical, wait to receive the visa and fly to the states.  Most embassies take about 10 days to get the visa to you after the approved interview.  If you can do all that in a month you are already at October 28.  You can probably cut a few weeks off this but not much more than that.  If USCIS starts sending files sooner that will really help.  If not it will be tough.

Thanks, I haven't made any deposits yet because I wasn't sure of how long it would take. But when we do finally finish this process we are planning a small beach wedding and then Disney World.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.