nyokie

December 2017 i130 filers

1,191 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 minute ago, HopefulWife said:

I applied for i130 Dec 18 2017. Approved June 6. June 23 sent to nvc June 29 Nvc received. Aug 11 Nvc case And invoice number assigned

Omg thats a whole another month wow i though the nvc was 4 week process. Lord help me. 

Just now, lvsweets said:

Omg thats a whole another month wow i though the nvc was 4 week process. Lord help me. 

After you get a casenumber it alot more wait aswell? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
14 minutes ago, lvsweets said:

How do you get case number and how long did it take you to get it?

idk if you mean me

but NOA1: december 7th

NOA 2: july 2nd

NVC received: July 18th

Case Number at NVC: August 13tg

Timeline
3 minutes ago, lvsweets said:

After you get a casenumber it alot more wait aswell? 

NO!

it’s up to 6 weeks for NVC to receive the case from USCIS

and then up to 8 weeks for u to get your case number at NVC

so it could take around 15 weeks after NOA2 to start the nvc process

Timeline
3 minutes ago, mrmvkjts said:

idk if you mean me

but NOA1: december 7th

NOA 2: july 2nd

NVC received: July 18th

Case Number at NVC: August 13tg

Omg i thought the long wait was over but i guess not. 

So after all that then how long to get an appointment at consulate?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, lvsweets said:

Omg i thought the long wait was over but i guess not. 

So after all that then how long to get an appointment at consulate?

that’s of course different from case to case

I don’t know but  I hope I have my visa until december but one can only hope!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, mrmvkjts said:

that’s of course different from case to case

I don’t know but  I hope I have my visa until december but one can only hope!

I seriously thought it would be 4weeks for nvc and another 4 weeks for appt at consulate 😢😢 idk why i thought that. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
54 minutes ago, lvsweets said:

I seriously thought it would be 4weeks for nvc and another 4 weeks for appt at consulate 😢😢 idk why i thought that. 

Yea, sorry about that I remember telling you it might take 8 weeks for NVC to assign a case number but it could be sooner

I suggest you follow this link - http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

and follow this thread - 

also I've been on that thread for a while now and looks like for people who completed their stage at NVC and are from Mexico have longer wait times unfortunately, I hope its not the case for you and yours be faster , good luck

Edited by Aadhi

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Aadhi said:

Yea, sorry about that I remember telling you it might take 8 weeks for NVC to assign a case number but it could be sooner

I suggest you follow this link - http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

and follow this thread - 

also I've been on that thread for a while now and looks like for people who completed their stage at NVC and are from Mexico have longer wait times unfortunately, I hope its not the case for you and yours be faster , good luck

Yes my spouse is Mexican. So longer wait times :( oh well at least im halfway

Timeline
3 hours ago, mrmvkjts said:

After only 3.5 weeks we got our NVC casenumber and just finished paying the AOS and IV fees 

I’m beyond happy :)

Happy for you, that way quicker than rest of the people, I am at 6 weeks with nothing. 

I wish the rest of the process is speedy for you as well.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Barbie Ann said:

so do you all just call NVC and ask if they received the case ?

When was I-130 sent to NVC ? you will see an update on USCIS website that your case was sent to NVC and about 5-10days from that you can call NVC to find out if they have received your case and unfortunately calling NVC is the only way to find out if they received your case or not, once they do your case number will be assigned a case number within 8 weeks from that date.

Edited by Aadhi

Hello Everyone,

I received my NVC case no. for my wife today. 24 days after it was received at NVC.

NOA1: December 15th

NOA 2: July 3nd

NVC Received: July 19th

Email with Case Number at NVC: August 13

Edited by rana300

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
55 minutes ago, rana300 said:

Hello Everyone,

I received my NVC case no. for my wife today. 24 days after it was received at NVC.

NOA1: December 15th

NOA 2: July 3nd

NVC Received: July 19th

Email with Case Number at NVC: August 13

That's awesome I'm going  to call them next week seeing that they received my case on July 26th

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
9 hours ago, Aadhi said:

When was I-130 sent to NVC ? you will see an update on USCIS website that your case was sent to NVC and about 5-10days from that you can call NVC to find out if they have received your case and unfortunately calling NVC is the only way to find out if they received your case or not, once they do your case number will be assigned a case number within 8 weeks from that date.

ok thanx.. mine was sent on August 1st so I think I will call today... 😃

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.