Murph4865

I-129F MAY FILERS PART 2

3,606 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 minutes ago, LucyG289 said:

Hello lovely people! Just a quick update from me (UK specific) - I had my medical yesterday in London :) (off bond street, lovely Christmas lights but my goodness lots of shoppers).

Quite a lot of waiting around between nurses and doctors but they were stacked out as they close for the holidays on Friday until the 2nd of Jan. (they also make clear that any medicals from Dec 15th onwards would not be send to the embassy until 2nd Jan). 

You fill another questionnaire (more detailed than the one you take with you), the reception take your photos that you bring with you and attach to your file which the docs keep. Ohh and you also provide a urine sample.

I first had a chest x-ray with a nurse (my ribs looked great!), then went in to see the doctor who goes through your medical questionnaire, completes an eye test (I wear contact lenses so just left them in and read out the letters), completes another check of your breathing, checks your abdominal area and then takes a blood sample. 

I then saw another nurse to go through my jabs, I had missed an MMR booster so just decided to be jabbed for a second time (on the other arm!) and got it done there. You could of course get this done by your GP but I was there and just wanted it sorted. 

That's pretty much it, everyone was lovely and they definitely put you at ease so nothing to worry about at all.

My case was received today by the embassy from the NVC (6 days in transit) and I was able to schedule my appointment - booked the first available one, 17th Jan so get to enjoy some family and friends time before the big migration :)

Thank you again for your amazing support over the last few months you superstars - as always to those still waiting for NOA2 and NVC numbers your time is coming very very soon, hang in there. (L)

congratulations . what did you sent to nvc( documents etc)  after your case received by nvc.?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 minutes ago, vml said:

congratulations . what did you sent to nvc( documents etc)  after your case received by nvc.?

I didn't send anything to the NVC, the only thing I did was just submit the DS160 online to the embassy when I scheduled my appointment. Maybe it's a slightly different process dependent on each embassy (?)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey! I am back!!! I was out for about a week, visiting the love of my life :wub:

What did I miss???? :jest:

NOA1 - May 22

NOA2 - Dec 1

NOA2 Hard copy received - Dec 6

NVC received - Jan 18

NVC Case # assigned - Jan 29

Embassy receives documents (NVC status is READY) - Jan 31 

Medical Exam - Feb 21

Interview - Feb 27

long wait due to government incompetence realized in 2 month testing for TB  

POE - May 22

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hey guys, if we get a case number, can we go ahead and pay for the visa fee and schedule the interview date or do we have to wait for something to do that? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
36 minutes ago, vml said:

yeah. i know this..m asking how to check when did our case received by nvc..like some guys here said yesterday that nvc received their cases.but their timeline says received before two days not yesterday..how ? its confused..

if your case number is BMB2017854### then your NVC case entered date is December 20, 2017 for Mumbai Consulate, and could also be the received date

Timeline
3 minutes ago, qqq said:

How long is the wait now to get NVC Number?

You can follow nvc progress here but please only enter your info after you’ve received your noa2 🙂

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Tdang4 said:

Hey guys, if we get a case number, can we go ahead and pay for the visa fee and schedule the interview date or do we have to wait for something to do that? 

I believe it depends on your embassy. Go directly to your country sub forum and they should know and update on the VJ nvc spreadsheet if you would please🙂

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline
43 minutes ago, vml said:

Huge congrats to you and thanks for sharing great info with us (UK here as well😀)

Timeline
16 minutes ago, AZSunshine78 said:

Huge congrats to you and thanks for sharing great info with us (UK here as well😀)

Thank you :)) No problems at all, any queries just let me know and good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have a theory as to what is happening. My thought is that end of October cases were not the only cases shipped to NVC but probably ones from early to mid-November as well. My reason is because prior files were sent to NVC in a shorter amount of time. Unless they are actually processing withheld case files for the entirety of 6 weeks ( highly doubt this because turnaround time was as short as 10 days for early approvals prior to delays) USCIS waited until they had approval cases from end of October to sometime in November ready to go before shipping them off. NVC is now probably methodically going through the shipment starting from oldest to newest and that's why people are getting nvc numbers these days. I just don't think end of October approvals will be the only ones as USCIS will eventually need to back to its normal processing times. Does this make sense? I could be totally wrong as well but I just thought I'd share. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, vml said:

hey when did u got your case number and howvu knw your case received by your consulate. u said u got ur case number yesterday..?

I called the consulate everyday after 6 pm their time. After 6 weeks, they asked me to

send a scan of my NOA2 so they could look into what happened to my file. I never heard back from them but I still called everyday. About 5 days later we called and they told me they received the case and to call back in two weeks to get the case number, but that we could call everyday if we wanted to. We called the next day and they said they hadn’t assigned a case number yet, then all of a sudden we got an email from NVC with our case number stating that our file was in transit. 

Hope this helps! 

Edited by Jules_N

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.