CaliCat

'Mass shooting' reported at Sutherland Springs church in Texas

644 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, JimandChristy said:

Maybe its because all of the other first world countries have universal health coverage whereas the USA does not. Once again something that the USA thinks it is better at when it is not.

If you don't think the USA is better then move back to the UK and don't hate on #MAGA.

2 minutes ago, CaliCat said:

Could there be a relationship between less guns = less mass shootings? Just saying... 

That's why the murder rate for the USA has been trending downwards for years while gun ownership has been going up. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

If you don't think the USA is better then move back to the UK and don't hate on #MAGA.

One thing does not entail the other. In this country, you can voice dissent as guaranteed by the amendment that comes before the 2nd amendment. 

Edited by CaliCat

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
9 minutes ago, CaliCat said:

Could there be a relationship between less guns = less mass shootings? Just saying... 

The number of guns is statistically irrelevant IMO. Its the number of people who own guns (legally & illegally). I can't seem to find the number of gun owners in Australia.  If you were do a comparison it has to be weighted for population as well. 

14 minutes ago, CaliCat said:

One thing does not entail the other. In this country, you can voice dissent as guaranteed by the amendment that comes before the 2nd amendment. 

I completely agree with you and that comment had nothing to do with the 2nd amendment but what that person said about healthcare.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

10 minutes ago, Sonea said:

The number of guns is statistically irrelevant IMO. Its the number of people who own guns (legally & illegally). I can't seem to find the number of gun owners in Australia.  If you were do a comparison it has to be weighted for population as well. 

Would % of households work? Can’t find per country but here’s per state:

100315-beltway-Image-One.jpg

Edited by charmander

26 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

If you are talking about healthcare...

Unfortunately based on most objective measurements it's not that people "think" the USA is worse. We are objectively worse. Our outcomes are poorer and our people are less healthy. We also (more obviously) do far worse in terms of access to care.

Of course that isn't entirely due to the healthcare system, but it plays a large role.

I've provided sources for those metrics in other threads. It isn't the topic of this thread but I'm happy to send them to you if requested.

1 hour ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Once again I only hear this being said to me by Conservative Republicans. It is this mentality that holds America back as a country and why some policies are still stuck in the 20th century. 

I could move back and I would have just as much freedom over in the UK than I would have here but since I am here my observation is there are some Americans who believe America does everything the best way. Thing is they are Americans who have never travelled or lived outside their own country and experienced other cultures.

Edited by JimandChristy

K1 Visa Timeline
15th Dec 08 - I129F posted to VSC
1st June 09 - Interview at 9am, Medical at 2:50pm
15th June 09 - K1 Visa approved and received
23rd June 09 - Point of Entry (Atlanta, Georgia)
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline
25th Aug 09 - AOS + EAD + AP posted to Chicago Lockbox
2nd Oct 09 - EAD + AP Approved
22nd Oct 09 - AOS Approved
30th Oct 09 - Green Card in hand!

Removing Conditions Timeline
29th Sept 11 - I-751 posted to VSC
26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

20th Feb 15 - N-400 posted to Lewisville Lockbox

15th June 15 - Interview

1st July 15 - Oath Ceremony

NOW A US CITIZEN!

28 minutes ago, JimandChristy said:

Once again I only hear this being said to me by Conservative Republicans. It is this mentality that holds America back as a country and why some policies are still stuck in the 20th century. 

I could move back and I would have just as much freedom over in the UK than I would have here but since I am here my observation is there are some Americans who believe America does everything the best way. Thing is they are Americans who have never travelled or lived outside their own country and experienced other cultures.

Sorry to inform you but I have been to and lived in many countries other than the USA, and there are good and bad things about each one of them. But to me the USA is still home to me and is one of the best countries to live in by far. 

1 hour ago, bcking said:

If you are talking about healthcare...

Unfortunately based on most objective measurements it's not that people "think" the USA is worse. We are objectively worse. Our outcomes are poorer and our people are less healthy. We also (more obviously) do far worse in terms of access to care.

Of course that isn't entirely due to the healthcare system, but it plays a large role.

I've provided sources for those metrics in other threads. It isn't the topic of this thread but I'm happy to send them to you if requested.

Fyi I will respond to this comment later when I get back from the gym and on my tablet or desktop. 

52 minutes ago, JimandChristy said:

The only thing we have ever asked from Europe is space to bury our dead, when saving Europe from Nazis. 

1 hour ago, Sonea said:

I meant for Australia.

Because the State on the chart with the highest number of gun owning household is also the highest in gun deaths? And I didn't even know Wyoming had and hoods! I am guessing that Chicago must also be in Wyoming, another alternative fact I didn't know.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS