967 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Bitofanerd said:

This morning was our AOS interview. Arrived 40 minutes early, waited a few minutes after our 8:45 appointment and left the building by 9:10. The interviewer asked the standard questions about how we met, verified some of the information in the AOS application. Saw that our affidavit of support was still correct and made a note of Ysa’s new job. Probably asked about 20 questions about our life together and then said we were done. 

He then told us that he saw nothing to prevent the finalization of the application for her Green Card and it should be in the mail sometime in early May!!!! God is good!

Congrats

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

31 minutes ago, Bitofanerd said:

This morning was our AOS interview. Arrived 40 minutes early, waited a few minutes after our 8:45 appointment and left the building by 9:10. The interviewer asked the standard questions about how we met, verified some of the information in the AOS application. Saw that our affidavit of support was still correct and made a note of Ysa’s new job. Probably asked about 20 questions about our life together and then said we were done. 

He then told us that he saw nothing to prevent the finalization of the application for her Green Card and it should be in the mail sometime in early May!!!! God is good!

Congratulations!!! But I am always curious about what questions did they ask...especially about your life together? Can you still remember some of them? Would be grateful!

ROC:  Received Jan 25 2021    NOA 1: February 25 2021 (LIN/Nebraska).    BIOMETRICS: April 30  2021
APPROVED: June 23 2021     CARD DELIVERED:   June 30 2021

AOS:          Received Date:  April 2      NOA 1:  April 5 2018
Biometrics:  April 27  Fingerprint Review Was Completed:  April 30
Case Ready to be scheduled: May 3
( that update only showed up in August! after being notified about EAD&AP )
EAD&AP  We approved your case:  August 8   /  In the mailbox:  August 16 2018
Interview   -    March 14 2019    (
Notice Date:  February 1)  -   Approved!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 3/17/2018 at 11:21 PM, ConnerT said:

hi guys,

just wanted to share our experience and timeline:

sent (I-485 and I-765) - Nov 19th

NOA1 - Nov 27th

biometrics - Dec 26th

RFIE for  I-765 - Feb 15th ( it was abt my last name change, although we sent them a copy of our marriage certificate with I-765 form.)

RFIE  I-765 response sent  -  Feb 21st

RFIE   I-765 response received -  Feb 27th

approved  I-765 - March 13th

I-765 card received  by mail   - March 17th

I-485  

NOA1 - Nov 27th

biometrics - Dec 26th

.....no updates about AOS fo far (our USCIS office is Memphis TN - they are not the fastest :))

The RFIE for I-765 letter said "provide with a copy of your passport, national ID, any other ID to prove the last name change"....As I don't have a driving licence and State ID yet, we just sent them copies of our marriage certificate (once again!), a copy of my Ukrainian passport with K1 visa, SSN letter and a letter from our bank with my new last name on it.

I'm so happy it satisfied them and today I've got my EAD card! 

Good luck for everyone who is still waiting! stay strong and hopeful!

updates in our case:

I-485  

NOA1 - Nov 27th

biometrics - Dec 26th
new card being produced (no interview!!!) - April 12

case is approved  - April 13

NOA2 notice in our mail - April 16

GC sent  - April 17

GC in our mailbox  - April 19th

We are so happy! Wishing good luck to everyone! 

Edited by ConnerT

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 hours ago, Martella&T said:

Congratulations!!! But I am always curious about what questions did they ask...especially about your life together? Can you still remember some of them? Would be grateful!

Really nothing special. Questions about who did the cooking, what activities we did for entertainment, and when our wedding was. Nothing a real couple who lives together couldn’t answer.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

Hi everyone,

After making 2 case inquiries by myself and 1 case inquiry by congessman finally something moved. We just got notification that they are sending us RFE. I know that it means our EAD/AP is put on hold, but I am just happy that they looked in our case... :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
On 4/19/2018 at 10:38 PM, ConnerT said:

updates in our case:

I-485  

NOA1 - Nov 27th

biometrics - Dec 26th
new card being produced (no interview!!!) - April 12

case is approved  - April 13

NOA2 notice in our mail - April 16

GC sent  - April 17

GC in our mailbox  - April 19th

We are so happy! Wishing good luck to everyone! 

Congratulations.  We are the same NOA1 and biometrics.  

However West palm is way behind.  They are still in 2016 for GC.  

BB47A340-981F-4B32-8283-ADEC8EEF6979.jpeg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
On 4/20/2018 at 7:28 PM, GBPackers said:

Hi everyone,

After making 2 case inquiries by myself and 1 case inquiry by congessman finally something moved. We just got notification that they are sending us RFE. I know that it means our EAD/AP is put on hold, but I am just happy that they looked in our case... :) 

I’m sorry to be a debbie downer but, a RFE? After waiting so many days and no answer about your work permit? Jeez, was initial or additional evidence? 

Timeline
10 hours ago, FloridaMinsk said:

Congratulations.  We are the same NOA1 and biometrics.  

However West palm is way behind.  They are still in 2016 for GC.  

BB47A340-981F-4B32-8283-ADEC8EEF6979.jpeg

Thank you!

as per USCIS web site Memphis office is still working on October 31, 2016.

I think they don't update the information about processing times properly.

12345.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
23 minutes ago, ConnerT said:

Thank you!

as per USCIS web site Memphis office is still working on October 31, 2016.

I think they don't update the information about processing times properly.

12345.jpg

It’s Crazy innit. 

So so happy you guys had good news.   Hoping to join you soon.   We just hope to get the EAD and AP finished.   Says we are at 11/23/2018 so hopefully this week we get some news on that front.  

Timeline
17 minutes ago, FloridaMinsk said:

It’s Crazy innit. 

So so happy you guys had good news.   Hoping to join you soon.   We just hope to get the EAD and AP finished.   Says we are at 11/23/2018 so hopefully this week we get some news on that front.  

Thanks! We didn't even expect to get approved in 4 month in our state, but it happened !:o
Wish  you to get your GC as soon as possible :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
5 hours ago, aasupp said:

I’m sorry to be a debbie downer but, a RFE? After waiting so many days and no answer about your work permit? Jeez, was initial or additional evidence? 

Yesss , it is really sad realizing that they haven't touched our case for 5 months! I am not sure why we got RFE, we're still waiting for the letter.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.