967 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

The new timeline per the USCIS website is 2.5-5 months for EAD/AP approval. So you can't file an inquiry until you are after the 5 month mark. We got my husbands Combo card on Friday (NOA 1) was the end of November, but his Country of Birth is listed as "Unknown". So Friday night we were shipping his card back and now we have to friggin wait a couple more weeks. WHY THE F WOULD THEY ISSUE A CARD LIKE THAT????? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 hours ago, aasupp said:

Nothing, I called after 15 working days because I haven’t had any response (it was like 18 calendar days) and they told me to wait the full 30 days to get an answer. In 5 days it will be 30 calendar days and I’m pretty sure I will have to raise a second SR. 

i raised 2nd SR today coz its been 30days so slow

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
On 19/01/2016 at 7:35 AM, TBoneTX said:

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Embassy/Consulate forum -- topic involves that phase. ***

I begin to be worried, even if i know i am still in the "normal" timeline.

132 days since the reception of I 131 and I 765, fingerprint took the 29 december and still nothing.

2 minutes ago, llaz said:

We had our interview today with USCIS for AOS, we were approved! 
Very excited!

The immigration officer was firm but friendly. She asked a lot of dates questions to my husband (birthdays, his mom's birthday, wedding date, when you entered into the US last, how many times etc.) not a lot of questions at all about our relationship or marriage. She asked for proof of our marriage we brought essentially everything that's needed for ROC that we had as of right now with both of our names (bank statement, health insurance cards, car title, car insurance, house offer that we just did on Saturday, preapproval notice from bank etc.) and photos. She was a bit frustrated that I didn't bring my 2017 tax documents or my original birth certificate. She asked my husband all of the questions, my husband and the translator sat in the chairs closest to her desk and I sat in the chair behind them, I was asked no questions at all (I am the USC). She said that it was very clear our marriage is legitimate and that we were approved.  

Congratulations!

23 hours ago, butterfly789 said:

I begin to be worried, even if i know i am still in the "normal" timeline.

132 days since the reception of I 131 and I 765, fingerprint took the 29 december and still nothing.

132 days for me too..... still waiting.......

I need to travel back to the UK in June so I'm starting to stress. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

139 days today... 

Filed 1st SR, patiently waited 30 days like they told me (it was actually 35 days) did not get any answer, filed 2nd SR, waited 5 days like they told me, received an email on day 5 saying: we are still reviewing your case.

Well okay, thank you for your reply mmm...

Guess I / we just need to level up our patience huh?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Finally received a response to my first SR raised on Jan 31st, "your case is under review. You should receive a decision shortly". This is the standard "keep waiting" response right? Or is my case actually assigned to an officer to be adjudicated?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

Day 138. I’ve just spent couple min on August AOS fillers forum and it just made me so sad and dissapointed, even more than I already was.  People who applied in August wait for +200 days(!!!).

I recently contacted my congressman’s office, here is her response:

„If your application is beyond normal processing times based on the dates listed under ‘Processing Cases as of Date’ at the USCIS Service Center listed here, https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do, I am happy to make an inquiry. 

So I have to wait at least 2 more weeks for her help.

52 minutes ago, Olivia2804 said:

Finally received a response to my first SR raised on Jan 31st, "your case is under review. You should receive a decision shortly". This is the standard "keep waiting" response right? Or is my case actually assigned to an officer to be adjudicated?

Sadly yes....  It's a canned email that everyone gets

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Ok thanks :) I am not losing hope

7 minutes ago, spike198 said:

Sadly yes....  It's a canned email that everyone gets

Ok thanks :) I am not losing hope!

33 minutes ago, GBPackers said:

Day 138. I’ve just spent couple min on August AOS fillers forum and it just made me so sad and dissapointed, even more than I already was.  People who applied in August wait for +200 days(!!!).

I recently contacted my congressman’s office, here is her response:

„If your application is beyond normal processing times based on the dates listed under ‘Processing Cases as of Date’ at the USCIS Service Center listed here, https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do, I am happy to make an inquiry. 

So I have to wait at least 2 more weeks for her help.

That is very frustrating... I have seen sooo many people that have reached out to their Reps that have made inquiries on their behalf even if they were not beyond normal processing times.  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
1 hour ago, spike198 said:

That is very frustrating... I have seen sooo many people that have reached out to their Reps that have made inquiries on their behalf even if they were not beyond normal processing times.  

Exactly... everything depends of the congressman I guess. 

Has anyone tried to reach ombudsman? 

On 4/4/2018 at 3:47 PM, GBPackers said:

Exactly... everything depends of the congressman I guess. 

Has anyone tried to reach ombudsman? 

We contacted a Senator a couple weeks ago that said she would follow up on our behalf once we expedited (still waiting on expedite instructions from USCIS).  Then we contacted our Congresswoman this week and she hasn't even responded.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.