967 posts in this topic

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 2:30 PM, FlashLG said:

I received an RFIE on December 14th, and replied the next day. It was asking for my birth certificte, even though I had already included it. As of now, i haven't received any notice that they received the information I supplied, and my status on USCIS web site has not changed.

Is your status "fingerprint fee was received" or "RFIE was mailed"? Mine is still "fingerprint fee was received" although I am done with biometric and responded to RFIE for over a month. Very frustrated.

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 7:35 PM, aasupp said:

Hi guys, I've been religiously checking my case tracker on the USCIS page and nothing...still no updates. I've heard that some of you already got approved for the EAD and congrats!!

I just wanted to know if someone who's doing AOS (not thru K-1 visa) and got RFIE had any updates? I'm on that boat and it seems that although some people got RFIE they have approved their work permits already (which seems to be the ones doing the AOS thru the K-1 visa). 

Good luck to everyone and congrats to the ones who got their EAD approved! 

I sent in my AOS (through K1) on Nov 2, received on Nov 6, still no EAD update yet. I received and responded to RFIE on Dec 8. What is the receipt date of those who have already received EAD card? Are they November AOS filer through K1?

2 hours ago, Y&P said:

Is your status "fingerprint fee was received" or "RFIE was mailed"? Mine is still "fingerprint fee was received" although I am done with biometric and responded to RFIE for over a month. Very frustrated.

Yep, still says 'fingerprint fee was received'. Doesn't even mention the RFIE, and like you I responded to the RFIE already and had biometrics last month.

We received 2 more case updates online today. First, EAD changed from "card in production" to "card mailed 1/16" and then a couple hours later, AP (travel) changed to approved.  We submitted 11/13 (via overnight, receive date 11/14). (AOS via k1 for those interested).  Now just waiting for the mail, and hopefully some activity on the AOS!

03/08/2017:  i-129f sent

03/10/2017:  i-129f received

03/15/2017:  Check cashed

03/15/2017:  NOA1 email/text confirmation

03/15/2017:  NOA1 NOTICE DATE

03/20/2017:  Received NOA1 hardcopy in the mail

06/10/2017:  NOA2 NOTICE DATE

06/15/2017:  Received NOA2 hardcopy in the mail

06/24/2017:  Completed DS160 application online

06/26/2017:  NVC Receive Date

06/30/2017:  NVC sent to embassy (electronically)

06/30/2017:  Paid fee online and Scheduled VAC appointment for 7/2/17 and embassy interview appointment for 7/25/17

07/02/2017:  VAC appointment completed (for fingerprints and photograph ... varies by country, don't panic if you're not familiar with this)

07/03/2017:  Embassy received packet from NVC (petitioner received email from embassy, advising case ready for interview)

07/06/2017:  Medical exam completed

07/15/2017:  Medical exam results picked up (sealed envelope + xray disc)

07/18/2017:  Police clearance certificate obtained

07/25/2017:  embassy interview! APPROVED!

09/27/2017:  Port of entry: Ft. Lauderdale

11/11/2017:  Married!

11/13/2017:  AOS packet (with EAD and AP) sent to USCIS

11/14/2017: AOS packet delivered to USCIS

11/20/2017: NOA1 Notice Date (for AOS, EAD, and AP)

11/28/2017: NOA1 Notices Received (for AOS, EAD, and AP)

12/01/2017: ASC Biometrics Appointment NOA Issued

12/19/2017: Biometrics appointment

01/05/2018: USCIS Case Status for EAD and AP shows "updated" but no new information

01/12/2018: USCIS Case Status says EAD approved; card in production

01/16/2018: USCIS Case Status says EAD card mailed

01/18/2018: USCIS Case Status says AP approved

01/20/2018: EAD/AP Combo card received via priority mail!

01/31/2018: Case status changed to "We are scheduling your interview" (at myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov)  

(original/main site, egov.uscis.gov, still shows status as "Fingerprint fee was received" as of 11/17/17)

06/01/2018: Still impatiently waiting :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Filled on 10/31/2017 uscis received on 11/3/2017 NOA1 hard copies received on 11/8/2017  did bio on 1st of dec still waiting for EAD combo card am so ready to work.

Great news!!

Last night at 9:30p Et I got a text and email saying that my wifes I-765 and I-131 were updated. At USCIS.gov it said that her EAD card is in production and will be mailed!! Woo hoo!!

For those of you that have already received your card how long did it take from when you were notified until you actually received the card in the mail??

For those of you still waiting hang in there. We filed 11/3. So you all should be getting good news soon!!

I-751 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

12/15/20 - Received date

01/21/21 - NOA1

05/04/21 - Biometrics completed

05/12/21 - NOA2 "Name was updated"

11/15/21 - NOA3 Resident status extended for 24 months (expires Oct 10/24/22)

No other communication. Waiting....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Looks like things are finally moving along.  I got a text last night that my husband's EAD card was in production, to be mailed.  Going to keep an eye on USPS Informed Delivery for the next few days!!  We didn't apply for AP.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hello all. AOS filer via K1 here. I filed for my AOS on Nov9, I received approval notice on USCIS webstie yesterday. Im just wondering from here onward how long does it usually take to receive the EAD card? 

This is what I got so far: 

my_logo.png

Case Was Approved

On January 17, 2018, we approved your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization , Receipt Number MSC1890204920. We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Edited by Summer2014

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iceland
Timeline
On 1/16/2018 at 2:11 PM, Y&P said:

Hello, Anyone received RFIE? Did your status on USCIS web ever updated after USCIS has received your response?

I received RFE Dec 4th, sent in my documents Dec 7th, my status has not updated since Noc 2nd when my case was received and fingerprint fee was received, have not received a RFE document response in the mail.. apparently it takes them up to 60 days to send you a response receipt once you send in the requested documents..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iceland
Timeline
20 hours ago, Patientlywaiting said:

Haven’t received anything on my EAD and I’m checking online 10 times a day! 

Haha same here! PLZ let it us be our turn ASAP!

19 minutes ago, Irisandjoel said:

Haha same here! PLZ let it us be our turn ASAP!

I called earlier today and I got text saying my card is being produced a few minutes ago! If it has been past the 75 day mark, you should give them a call!! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Patientlywaiting said:

I called earlier today and I got text saying my card is being produced a few minutes ago! If it has been past the 75 day mark, you should give them a call!! 

Which number did you call? I filled on November 1st, still heard nothing! Thanks for the advice!

2 minutes ago, EmGosh said:

Which number did you call? I filled on November 1st, still heard nothing! Thanks for the advice!

You’re welcome! I called ‭1 (800) 375-5283‬ and pressed 2 once they started the prompt after selecting English language. They said I would receive a response within 15-30 days but I got a text today with my card being produced! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Patientlywaiting said:

You’re welcome! I called ‭1 (800) 375-5283‬ and pressed 2 once they started the prompt after selecting English language. They said I would receive a response within 15-30 days but I got a text today with my card being produced! 

Thank you very much!:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.