michellewillis

November 2017 I-751 Filers

2,169 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
20 minutes ago, ichnusa said:

I didn't get a text message nor an email but I checked the USCIS website as I saw other people getting approved.... My husband's case status changed to "card being produced" on Jan.14th. 😊

His was an EAC case.

Congrats to your Husband!!!

Could you share your case# (five first digits)? Thank you.  

Edited by Mag&Chef

NOA1 date: 9-22-2014

interview: September 18/ approved

visa received: September, 24, 2015

POE: October,5,2015

AOS/EAD/AP: October 29,2015 

EAD/AP approved:01/26/2016 card received: 02/02/2016

AOS approved:02/02/2016

02/09/2016 GC received

ROC/CITIZENSHIP/Passport-refer to my timeline...

I'm Done now, thank you to this wonderful VJ community ...Good luck to everyone....

happy tom and jerry GIF

Filed: Timeline

Yesterday I had I-751 waiver interview. After being a gc holder for almost 6 years I'm finally getting my permanent gc. I've been approved at yesterday's interview. Instead of having and easy and quick journey it turned out to be a long a... journey. I'm very happy that this is coming to the end, I'm almost home free. Maybe one day I'll write my story here so I can make other people feel less anxious and explain why waiting process for most people can't compare to mine. Anyways, I'm very happy and finally don't have to worry about the thing. Next step is to apply for NOA.

Case #: EAC18037XXXXX

Edited by tom_danny

On 1/11/2019 at 4:32 PM, Longrangeshootr said:

Let us know if you get sent to NBC in Missouri, since you filed N-400

I was transferred Texas, not Missouri. I filed for N-400 too already.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Been reading that the majority of the cases transferred to NBC are in line for an interview in the local office. 

How accurate this information is? 

I am asking because I already have my flight booked to travel overseas by the end if March and my case got transferred lately to NBC .

Anyone knows anything about this ??

Edited by Younes-Maria

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Nov 27 applied I-751, ROC waiting, EAC 18610000X, applied N-400, not sure whether they will approve I-751.  The case before me was approved, but as you know there is no rule or pattern to approve I-751. what we can do but wait?

My case got a new juristiction. Texas it is. Any experience what that could mean? Just workload transfer or any other indication? Just a I-751 waiver case.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Expecting to receive my card on Saturday Jan 19. Saw a status update (approval decision) on Monday this week. Received the approval notice today and USPS has picked up the new card. I hope they have not made any typing errors on it like they did the last time! But relieved this process is drawing to an end finally! 

My sincere prayers to everyone else waiting that you get good news in the next few days!

1 hour ago, dilip said:

Nov 27 applied I-751, ROC waiting, EAC 18610000X, applied N-400, not sure whether they will approve I-751.  The case before me was approved, but as you know there is no rule or pattern to approve I-751. what we can do but wait?

How come my case was received on Nov 27 and my number is different from yours? Mine is EAC1805900XXX

Timeline

zMay- You might have applied before Nov 27.   My NOA 12/7  Your EAC number before my group number.  You will get approval before me although it is so random, it is hard to predict.

Edited by dilip

Hi all,

November filer here :)  I just received a notice that my case was transferred to Texas... 

I'm WAC18040 - don't really know if that's a fast group, does any one else know anything?

Also, is there a consensus on the N400 filing while waiting for the I751 - it seems people have very varied experiences.

Congrats to everyone that got approved!

11 hours ago, JayChi said:

What is the difference between an EAC and WAC number?

EAC (Eastern Adjudication Center) -for Vermont cases 

WAC (Western Adjudication Center) -for California cases

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Timeline

Ally7- Mixed feelings about filing N-400 while ROC is pending based on several discussion.  The concern is that they might send your application to NBC and you might have to wait for COMBO interview and based on your field office, it might be 5-14 months additional wait.  Might not get 10 year GC meanwhile and need to  go for passport stamp.  

However, I filed N-400 when the window was opened on Nov 25, 2018.  I was told 13 months waiting time ( Feb 2020).  So I am already around 1.5 months of my 13 months waiting time and I got passport stamp until Jan 2020.  If someone's final goal to get US citizenship, better to apply when the window will open for you.

10 Year Card arrives tomorrow. I'm still surprised it got approved all of a sudden, wasn't the new policy that every i-751 applicant had to be interviewed? I was really expecting a combo interview around summer time. 

Does the updated waiver guidance from last month: https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-revises-interview-waiver-guidance-form-i-751 have anything to do with this? 

36 minutes ago, ordjnb said:

10 Year Card arrives tomorrow. I'm still surprised it got approved all of a sudden, wasn't the new policy that every i-751 applicant had to be interviewed? I was really expecting a combo interview around summer time. 

Does the updated waiver guidance from last month: https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-revises-interview-waiver-guidance-form-i-751 have anything to do with this? 

Congrats!!! I think getting approved before N400 interview is always better. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.