dwheels76

NVC Filers - November 2017

677 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Ham_1 said:

did they ask you to send it to NVC or only take it with you to the embassy for the interview?

Send it to NVC, but the link that they referred me to in the email says that NZ police won't send to individuals, they'll only send direct to the embassy so I'm not really sure where that leaves us. We're going to try and call and see if we can get clarification once my husband gets home from work.

32 minutes ago, kiwicana said:

Send it to NVC, but the link that they referred me to in the email says that NZ police won't send to individuals, they'll only send direct to the embassy so I'm not really sure where that leaves us. We're going to try and call and see if we can get clarification once my husband gets home from work.

In Israel, the police send the report directly to the consulate in Jerusalem. I included a letter to the NVC explaining this. I explained with this:

Police clearance certificates may be requested at any Israeli police station and are sent
directly to the U.S. consulate in Jerusalem (as stated on the U.S. Consulate General –
Jerusalem website: https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv- supplemental/JRS%20-
%20Jerusalem.pdf).
The police clearance certificate will be sent to the consulate and available for the interview.

I plan on requesting the certificate from the police when I get CC. It takes them a few weeks to send to the consulate, and I'll follow up with them to make sure it was sent.

Edited by Marley_09

i-130 sent in December before fee change- around 12.22.16

1.3.17: Processing date for i-130.

9.27.17: Rec'd e-mail that i-130 approved! 

10.5.17: Case sent to dept. of state for processing.

10.11.17: NVC rec'd case.

10.20.17: Rec'd case number and invoice ID number from NVC over the phone.

10.21.17: Filled out choice of address and agent.

10.24.17: AOS bill opened and paid

10.31: IV bill opened and paid (called 10.26 to ask them to process AOS bill and DS-261)

11.1: Bank processed IV Bill

11.3 DS-260 form filled out online

11.8 NVC package sent!

11.13: NVC package arrives at NVC

11.14: Scan date!

11.16: Sent expedite request to NVC

11.22: Expedite approved by consulate

11.28: Rec'd e-mail from NVC that package was sent to consulate. CEAC tracker states: in transit. Case Complete at NVC
12.11 Rec'd e-mail from consulate that package arrived, together with Pkt 3 instructions.
1.10 Interview apt letter rec'd via e-mail! (scheduled medical appointment)
1.25 Interview in the morning. Was told approved on the spot and visa should arrive in the mail within ten days! Yay!
1.26 CEAC tracker says Visa Issued!
1.30 Visa arrived!

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
45 minutes ago, kiwicana said:

I received  email that NVC completed its processing (SD was 11/10, CC: 24/11) but today I received another email that one document is missing or need additional information (police certificate for netherland). the text in the email  is below

The instructions will ask you to either:

•  Send the missing or corrected items to the applicant so he or she can take them to the visa interview;

or

• Send the missing or corrected items to the National Visa Center (NVC) and include a copy of the

Case Number Barcode Cover Sheet.

I also don't know whether my case will be delayed or not. I need to call them today.

2 hours ago, Ham_1 said:

I received  email that NVC completed its processing (SD was 11/10, CC: 24/11) but today I received another email that one document is missing or need additional information (police certificate for netherland). the text in the email  is below

The instructions will ask you to either:

•  Send the missing or corrected items to the applicant so he or she can take them to the visa interview;

or

• Send the missing or corrected items to the National Visa Center (NVC) and include a copy of the

Case Number Barcode Cover Sheet.

I also don't know whether my case will be delayed or not. I need to call them today.

At least you got the CC email first, that's gotta be a good sign. May your time on hold be short when you call and all your news be good!

Okay we called NVC and got hold of a really nice young man. Apparently the checklist was 'an oversight' by the person who was reviewing the file >.<

Back to waiting but the guy said to call back in 2-4 weeks if we haven't heard by email yet but it's as good as CC without actually being CC! :D All that stress and worry and tears for nothing!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Well the IV fee is showing as being processed through my bank this morning. Just wondering how long it took for the 260 form to open up after the payment is processed. Does it really take a week? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, scarlett262004 said:

Well the IV fee is showing as being processed through my bank this morning. Just wondering how long it took for the 260 form to open up after the payment is processed. Does it really take a week? 

Good Morning

I think its 1-2 weeks before it opens up

Hello everybody! Thanks to Almighty Allah I finally got approval notice and now off to NVC:) still can't believe it though lol. I'm the beneficiary and My case was approved on 22 November. So now my question is how many days should I we wait before we contact NVC to get my new case number?? On the approval notice they mentioned it takes 30 days for NVC to receive the case...but I just to be proactive and call them much earlier...any advice or suggestions will be highly appreciated friends 😊😊

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Suriname
Timeline

Hi, has Anybody got trouble logging in their crack.state. Gov to look at their case status, mine keeps telling me THE code i entered is wrong .. Which is not 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Cuba
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Chinegwa25 said:

Hi, has Anybody got trouble logging in their crack.state. Gov to look at their case status, mine keeps telling me THE code i entered is wrong .. Which is not 

I’ve been having the same issue this morning. Something is wrong with the site. Give it a few hours and try again.

CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Texas

Consulate: Cuba  Colombia. Thanks, Trump!

Marriage: 12/31/2016

I-130 Sent: 3/2/2017

I-130 NOA1: 3/8/2017

USCIS Approval Date: 8/29/17

NOA2 hardcopy received: 9/5/2017

NOA2 issued date: 8/26/2017

Notice from USCIS Sent to NVC: 9/11/2017

NVC Received: 9/21/2017

Case Number and Invoice Number Available: 9/22/2017

Welcome Letter: 9/27/17

Received Invoices for AOS and IV and Paid Both (No DS-261 as I have a lawyer): 9/27/2017 

DS-260 Unlocked: 9/29/2017

DS-260 Submitted: 10/5/17

IV & AOS Packages Mailed: 10/5/17

Packages Physically Arrived at NVC10/10/17

Scan Date: 10/11/17

Case Complete: 11/20/17

Case Complete Email: 11/28/17

Interview Date Received: 1/31/18

Interview: 3/27/18- Approved!

POE: 4/5/18, LAX

SSN Card Received: 4/16/18

2-Year Green Card Received: 4/21/18

ROC

Package Sent: 1/13/20

NOA1 (MSC): 1/16/20

Biometrics Notice: 1/31/20

Biometrics Appt: 2/12/20 (walked in early 2/6)

Interview Ready to Be Scheduled: 10/21/20

Interview Scheduled: 5/12/21

Interview Date: 6/17/21 - Approved!

New Card is Being Produced: 6/17/21

Card Was Mailed to You: 6/21/21

Case Was Approved: 6/22/21

Card Was Picked Up by USPS: 6/23/21

Card in Hand: 6/24/21

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Suriname
Timeline
1 minute ago, DiamondEyes490 said:

I’ve been having the same issue this morning. Something is wrong with the site. Give it a few hours and try again.

Ooh, okay, thank you for replying 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 hours ago, x3Sukhi said:

Scan Date October 18th

Case Completed November 24th :):):)

yeei! congrats. How do you find out your case is completed? Do they send you an email? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.