2,950 posts in this topic

Sure! Here's what I did. Good luck. :) 

2 hours ago, hsp_1221 said:

Thank your sharing this. This is helpful information.

Can you let me know how to submit online inquiry? 

I tried calling and trying to talk to Tier 2 officer via call back but I am not finding any luck.

Thanks

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current status: UK and USA citizen

12-Mar-19: I-751 (WAC18026) + N400 combi interview

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

1 May 19: Voter registration card in-hand

3 May 19: USA passport in-hand

11 May 19: New SSN card in-hand

Hi everyone, 

I'm here looking for some advice. I am a Sep 2017 ROC filler and N-400, 2018.

I received my N-400  interview a week ago dated May the 1st. My husband started his new job three weeks ago. Long short history, he was requesting a day off to be with me during the interview and was told by his the supervisor that was not possible to give him a day off during his training. 

At this point, I don't know if reschedule my interview or go by my self. My ROC has been pending for over 18 months, and my N-400 was processed in 7 months.

I have a lawyer for my ROC and she said that because she did not fill my N-400 she can't advise me in this matter. 

has been a long road, and I don't want to delay this anymore. Of curse, My husband can't lose his Job he has been struggling for more than a year trying to find a Job. 

SO!!! should I reschedule or go by myself? 

Edited by Bramoma15

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mauritius
Timeline
6 hours ago, Bramoma15 said:

Hi everyone, 

I received my N-400  interview a week ago dated May the 1st. My husband started his new job three weeks ago. Long short history, he was requesting a day off to be with me during the interview and was told by his the supervisor that was not possible to give him a day off during his training. 

At this point, I don't know if reschedule my interview or go by my self. My ROC has been pending for over 18 months, and my N-400 was processed in 7 months.

I have a lawyer for my ROC and she said that because she did not fill my N-400 she can't advise me in this matter. 

has been a long road, and I don't want to delay this anymore. Of curse, My husband can't lose his Job he has been struggling for more than a year trying to find a Job. 

tell your husband to fall sick on that day

I just got my biometrics notice on the mail saying they will be re-utilizing mine. However no online update or anything! At least I know It’s  moving on. 

Timeline
On 3/23/2019 at 11:16 AM, David1987 said:

Name was updated  ================== 1

Case was received at my local office ===== 37

Case trnsf'rd...new office...Jurisdiction==== 17

Case rfe rqst maild/rspnse received====== 52

(25/27)

Approvals ========================== 229

Case was received at my local office ===== 35

Case trnsf'rd...new office...Jurisdiction==== 15

Case rfe rqst maild/rspnse received====== 45

(24/21)

Case trnsf'rd to schedule Interview======= 5

Approvals ========================== 235

There's always a family emergency or house emergency (bust pipe etc). 

Horrible predicament to be in but if your spouse can't attend, there's a good chance your i-751 will get delayed. Have you had it confirmed that you'll definitely have a combi interview?

12 hours ago, David1987 said:

tell your husband to fall sick on that day

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
20 hours ago, Bramoma15 said:

Hi everyone, 

It all depends; did your interview letter categorically state that bring your spouse along?

I've read cases here of people going all by themselves without their spouse and getting approved. Although it all depends on the local office and the officer attending to you.

But my own opinion is go all by yourself and explain the situation to the interviewing officer on why your husband can't make it there - ONLY IF THE OFFICER ASK FOR YOUR SPOUSE - but if the officer didn't ask anything about him not there, don't mention anything.

As for your lawyer, he/she is just same thing like every other lawyers (all about the $$) ... meanwhile you need to let the lawyer know that he/she has not completed their job because the i-751 you paid for is part of what you're going to interview for so you need to be advised based on that :)

good luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
13 hours ago, David1987 said:

Case was received at my local office ===== 35

Case trnsf'rd...new office...Jurisdiction==== 15

Case rfe rqst maild/rspnse received====== 45

(24/21)

Case trnsf'rd to schedule Interview======= 5

Approvals ========================== 235

pls what's the update related to? Is it i-751 or N400 and for which month with centre?

Thanks for your answer,

My letter doesn't mention anything about my ROC. 

My husband is thinking to get a letter from his employer stating the reason for why He can't be in the interview. 

In the other hand, When I talked with my lawyer, she said that she is optimistic in hearing something about my ROC before my interview. 

She needs to schedule an infopass for me because my extension letter is about to expire and my driver license too. 

What is really funny is that she doesn't mention anything about a combo interview, she even told me that in my info pass probably they can give me an update of my  ROC. 

My local office is in  Philadelphia. 

On 3/28/2019 at 12:59 PM, Markeee said:

Hi guys. 

Today is my N400 interview. My ROC status still shows it’s in CSC, nothing is new. 

Lets see what is going to happen today at the interview. “Challenge accepted” (c) 

Good luck, give us an update!!!

ROC -"CSC"

Package sent: 07/31/17

Oooooh, good luck! Looking forward to hearing how it went. :) 

6 minutes ago, Markeee said:

Hi guys. 

Today is my N400 interview. My ROC status still shows it’s in CSC, nothing is new. 

Lets see what is going to happen today at the interview. “Challenge accepted” (c) 

Outcome

Thank you, guys, very much! 

My interview went very good and I got approved on both-  I-751 and n400

Even though I wasn’t notified about combo interview, and  my status showed my ROC case was at CSC, physically it was in officer’s table. I can tell because I saw the original boarding passes of our trip to Russia that we submitted with my I-751. 

He said that the legal date when I bacame a candidate for citizenship started 6 days ago (March,22th was exactly 3 years from my residence since date) and it was the closest one that he ever seen lol 

He didn’t ask for any single document, just went over my case, asking some questions from the forms. My husband stayed with me for the entire interview, including civic test. 

My N400 status changed to the “Oath ceremony will be scheduled” and my ROC status changed to “Date of Birth was updated”.

I can say that applying for N400 was very smart decision in my case. 

Good luck to you all! 

Timeline
11 hours ago, mymercy said:

pls what's the update related to? Is it i-751 or N400 and for which month with centre?

i-751

EAC1801900001

I'm Oct 2017 i-751 but i'm not sure if this applies to everyone on the list i provided

VSC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.