2,950 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Hi there! We are so stressed! Our naturalization interview is on Friday morning, first thing! Unfortunately, they seem to be unaware that it is a combination interview: we applied for the green card in November 2017 and it still has not arrived yet. We even got an I-551 stamp in the passport It seems that people have walked in and said, this is a combination interview, and the IO shrugs and says, okay, let's process them both. I am now having nightmares that we will walk in and they will say, "No, no, go away," and all of this will be for nothing. Will share the results on Friday, but please somebody reassure me that they won't send us away.

Thanks in advance!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
26 minutes ago, jaske78 said:

Hi there! We are so stressed! Our naturalization interview is on Friday morning, first thing! Unfortunately, they seem to be unaware that it is a combination interview: we applied for the green card in November 2017 and it still has not arrived yet. We even got an I-551 stamp in the passport It seems that people have walked in and said, this is a combination interview, and the IO shrugs and says, okay, let's process them both. I am now having nightmares that we will walk in and they will say, "No, no, go away," and all of this will be for nothing. Will share the results on Friday, but please somebody reassure me that they won't send us away.

Thanks in advance!

You should search for the combo interview experience that folks have posted here for your field office. My impression (completely unscientific) is that each field-office has its own agreed-upon way of dealing with the combo cases which seems to be practiced by all the good officers of that location. For instance, I keep track of the accounts posted here of combo interviews being done at San Antonio office.

Timeline

If your office happen to be San Bernadino then I believe I have read more than one account on here in the past of people getting through the combo interview smoothly without any fuss.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Serbia
Timeline
46 minutes ago, kline19 said:

If your office happen to be San Bernadino then I believe I have read more than one account on here in the past of people getting through the combo interview smoothly without any fuss.

It is San Bernardino. I read a couple from there that seemed to be saying the same thing, and I am reassured to hear that it they have an accepted practice that they seem to adhere to. Thank you!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

i had my combo interview yesterday at atlanta field office. arrived at 7:30 Am for 7:55 Appt time and the IO called me and my wife at 8:10 AM. he was very nice and genuine. when i told him about the combo interview, at first he couldnt find the i 751 file even though it was on his desk. then he went to his supervisor to ask him if he could conduct them both and he said ok, so he called my wife to his office from the waiting room and asked us basic questions like how did we meet, what are our birthdays, phone numbers. overall it was a very pleasant experience. then he moved to the n 400 test and my wife was in the office while took the test. after i passed everything he said he couldnt approve it on the spot but he will approve it by the end of the week. i woke up this morning to an email from uscis that my 10year green card was ordered for production. i applied for 751 in dec 2017 and n400 in dec 2018

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
15 hours ago, jaske78 said:

Thanks in advance!

The key is just to answer questions and know your spouse well. The key is to prove to the USCIS your marriage is real and ongoing. Be calm, and you will ok assuming your marriage is bona fide.

16 hours ago, kline19 said:

You should search for the combo interview experience that folks have posted here for your field office. My impression (completely unscientific) is that each field-office has its own agreed-upon way of dealing with the combo cases which seems to be practiced by all the good officers of that location. For instance, I keep track of the accounts posted here of combo interviews being done at San Antonio office.

Hi, I am in Austin too!  Would you care to share what experiences you have gathered from other filers regarding the combo interview?  I filed for ROC August 2018 and N-400 in July 2019.  Thank you!!

Edited by monicat71

Timeline
1 hour ago, monicat71 said:

Hi, I am in Austin too!  Would you care to share what experiences you have gathered from other filers regarding the combo interview?  I filed for ROC August 2018 and N-400 in July 2019.  Thank you!!

I haven't seen any recent posts on I751/N400 interview experiences at San Antonio which is the field office for Austin people as well. But I have read at least one case on here where it was processed without any problems. I am inching closer to file N400 since it doesn't look like USCIS in any hurry to process I751s. 

1 hour ago, CJKylie said:

I became a citizen today 🥳

Best of luck to the rest of you in the last part of your immigration journey!

One thing I should mention is that when I went to collect my certificate, there was some confusion on their end as to why I didn’t have my 10 year green card, and only had my expired 2 year green card.

I explained the situation, and they were still confused, and they actually called my USCIS office to check whether my ROC was approved before they would hand over my certificate - it was kinda weird lol

ROC Timeline

Service Center: California

90 Day Window Opened.....08/03/17

I-751 Packet Sent................08/04/17

NOA Dated...........................08/07/17

NOA Received......................08/09/17

Check Cashed......................08/09/17

Biometrics Letter Rcvd........08/26/17

Biometrics Appointment......09/07/17

Approval................................08/05/19

Naturalization Timeline

Field Office: Santa Ana, CA

90 Day Window Opened.......08/03/18

N-400 Filed (Online)..............08/03/18

Receipt Notice.......................08/03/18

Biometrics Letter Rcvd..........08/20/18

Biometrics Appointment.......09/07/18

Interview Letter Dated...........07/01/19

Interview Letter Rcvd............07/08/19

Interview................................08/05/19

Approval................................08/05/19

Oath.......................................08/22/19

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
16 hours ago, luna1321 said:

My green card was approved on July, 17th but still not mailed to me...the status shows "It's being produced and they will mail..." I can't submit service request until 60 days passed...but, seriously, they are producing it for more than a month now???  Did anyone have similar problem?

If you have 400 pending at the same time, they most likely won't bother sending you the 10 year green card. It makes sense if they are adjudicating your 400, what do you need the green card for if your 400 will be approved soon? Don't worry about the 10 year green card if you have 400 pending, they approved my 751 but never sent me the 10 year card as my 400 was also being adjudicated. I was naturalized last May. Good luck.

Edited by Zombie69

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
9 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

If you have 400 pending at the same time, they most likely won't bother sending you the 10 year green card. It makes sense if they are adjudicating your 400, what do you need the green card for if your 400 will be approved soon? Don't worry about the 10 year green card if you have 400 pending, they approved my 751 but never sent me the 10 year card as my 400 was also being adjudicated. I was naturalized last May. Good luck.

In my case, when I got my I-551 stamp in Philadelphia, they took my GC and during N-400 interview and I-751 ( pending), I mentioned to IO officer that  I have no green card, so my interview was June 28, 2019.  Both approved July 3,.  Got 10 year GC on 12th and Oath on 15th July. You need to submit GC at oath or may be some kind of letter if you have no GC.  I was lucky that I have GC to submit. 

Edited by dilip

10 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

From what I read most of the people do receive actual green cards in this case...and also, I really doubt they will make a decision on my N-400 any time soon. I just relocated to the new state and I'm sure will take a while to pick it up here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.