2,950 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
13 minutes ago, vvp said:

One more question: what is your current status on the USCIS tracker for i751? And was it updated once they schedule the interview? I saw some cases who sit in “case was transferred to schedule an interview” for months, but it’s rare. Others (like me) only saw it briefly and within day or so it was switched to “case was transferred and the new office has jurisdiction”. How about your situation?

I never saw it as scheduled for interview.

I screen grabbed what's posted on the egov case tracker page and also on the dhs online account.

Edit: can't seem to add images from the phone. Smh.

It says "Case was received at my local office" on both.

Edited by MK108

10 minutes ago, MK108 said:

I never saw it as scheduled for interview.

I screen grabbed what's posted on the egov case tracker page and also on the dhs online account.

Edit: can't seem to add images from the phone. Smh.

It says "Case was received at my local office" on both.

That sucks 😩. They don’t even bother to update the tracker. Paper notices can get lost. (Which totally what happened to my rfe notice). Dhs account is a joke, still shows “rfe mailed”, no updates since January even though tracker already changed 3 times. Now the tracker is also not a source of information. Total darkness... I guess at this point it can’t get any worse.

Timeline
1 minute ago, vvp said:

That sucks 😩. They don’t even bother to update the tracker. Paper notices can get lost. (Which totally what happened to my rfe notice). Dhs account is a joke, still shows “rfe mailed”, no updates since January even though tracker already changed 3 times. Now the tracker is also not a source of information. Total darkness... I guess at this point it can’t get any worse.

:(

Try messaging them through the Inbox / Messages feature on the DHS account. They, surprisingly, came through when I requested to reschedule my bio appointment for the N-400.

Worth a shot. :) Hope you hear back from them with proper updates.

5 hours ago, MK108 said:

@et19, what did they say at the end of your combo interview? As @corvusheart is asking as well, did they approve the ROC?

I agree with @Zombie69. Nothing to lose here by contacting your representatives.

No updates on the online case status checking site as well?

@Zombie69: think I will move forward with contacting reps. My only concern is it stirs the pot unnecessarily and upsets USCIS even more.

@MK108: both I-751 and N-400 are still pending. No updates on the egov tracker or dhs account page :(

2 minutes ago, et19 said:

stirs the pot unnecessarily and upsets USCIS even more.

@MK108: both I-751 and N-400 are still pending. No updates on the egov tracker or dhs account page :(

Without knowing what exactly is your case. I would not suggest placing an pressure from reps to the USCIS. You may be opening a treacherous Pandora box if there were some compromising findings.

Roc Filled 06/12/2018

Bio Metrics 07/12/2018

17 minutes ago, New Yorker 82 said:

Without knowing what exactly is your case. I would not suggest placing an pressure from reps to the USCIS. You may be opening a treacherous Pandora box if there were some compromising findings.

Ye that's my concern as well. Interview seemed to go well with no red flags so I don't want to give them a reason to be upset at this point. This hold-and-wait pattern is killing me.

Could you please help me, if anyone had similar situation , what did you do? 

In have N400 interview on May 9th. NOA doesn’t mention anything about I751, which is pending from March 2018 (received to local office), no RFE, no transfer. 

- I called USCIS two times, they don’t see anything. I asked how come there is no info about I751, when I have N400 interview, she told me it all depends from the officers who will interview me, and “those are two completely different cases”. Thank you, I knew that 🙄🙄

- I sent inquiry online and asked the same , they just replied “your I751 is within processing time”

So is there any way that I can find out more about I751? Do IO search for all cases one person has? 

Cos I can come to the interview and they don’t have my I751, and they don’t approve anything :( 

I am hoping for the best, really, but I would like to “nudge” them that I have I751. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
22 hours ago, et19 said:

Ye that's my concern as well. Interview seemed to go well with no red flags so I don't want to give them a reason to be upset at this point. This hold-and-wait pattern is killing me.

It is unclear whether your concern is a real possibility. With my own experience, i did contact Ted Lieu's office, they are not there to expedite the processing time, they will just make sure your case is in process and not forgotten or buried. Maybe you can hold it out for another 2 months, and if you still hear nothing from them, contact your congressman if you are really concerned. It is anyone's else guesses as to whether USCIS will be upset if a congressional intervention is involved.

Timeline

I posted this as it's own post too but since no has replied and I'm getting anxious so thought I'd post it here as well.

--

My I-751 interview is on April 25, 2019. I am the applicant and my spouse is the U.S. citizen.

I have gathered a huge chunk of evidence required by them per their interview summons letter. I was hoping to get some clarification on two of the instructions listed. I have formatted the wordings exactly as it appears on the letter.

1. Bring 2 additional photos  of the lawful permanent resident applicant

Is a walgreens or target print of picture t aken at home with a phone sufficient or do I need to go to a studio to get a standard passport size and style picture made?

2. All bills or receipts should include your name. Please bring evidence showing names and dates from the beginning of the marriage through this month.

Now, I am submitting a lot of bills with both (my spouse and myself) of our names on it.

- Should I also include bills with just my name on it?

- I am submitting more or less the most recent copy of the utility bills for the various addresses we've lived at over the years. Should I submit every utility bill for every month we've lived at a location?

--

Thanks in advance!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 4/19/2019 at 5:08 PM, Dzenana said:

n have N400 interview on May 9th. NOA doesn’t mention anything about I751, which is pending from March 2018 (received to local office), no RFE, no transfer. 

- I called USCIS two times, they don’t see anything. I asked how come there is no info about I751, when I have N400 interview, she told me it all depends from the officers who will interview me, and “those are two completely different cases”. Thank you, I knew that 🙄🙄

When my wife received her N400 interview letter back in February there was no mention of the I 751 either . However we did get a letter in Dec 2018 that her I 751 was transferred to Lee's Summit then online it said   transferred to a new  office. Previously it had been  to the local office  since Feb 2018! We showed up for her Feb interview for the N400 but they had to reschedule a new interview this time for both I 751 and N400 within 90 days since they cannot conduct the N400 without I 751 being approved. Furthermore she told us it will be different officers who will do the interview and the spouse(American Citizen) should come during the I 751 interview.  Fast forward April 15 during her updated interview for the joint I 751 and N400 , same officer conducted the interview.

If I were you during  the interview bring the spouse with you (the petitioner) in case they conduct a combo I 751 / N400. Good luck.

38 minutes ago, geff44 said:

When my wife received her N400 interview letter back in February there was no mention of the I 751 either . However we did get a letter in Dec 2018 that her I 751 was transferred to Lee's Summit then online it said   transferred to a new  office. Previously it had been  to the local office  since Feb 2018! We showed up for her Feb interview for the N400 but they had to reschedule a new interview this time for both I 751 and N400 within 90 days since they cannot conduct the N400 without I 751 being approved. Furthermore she told us it will be different officers who will do the interview and the spouse(American Citizen) should come during the I 751 interview.  Fast forward April 15 during her updated interview for the joint I 751 and N400 , same officer conducted the interview.

If I were you during  the interview bring the spouse with you (the petitioner) in case they conduct a combo I 751 / N400. Good luck.

Thank you, i really appreciate your reply! My husband is coming with me to the interview anyway, we just hope they have both of my cases together.😃 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I filed N400 last April with I-751 pending since February 2017. I’ve had no update on either case so I called and was able to speak to a Tier 2 officer who said they’re still processing cases from October 2015. Based on the status of other cases surrounding mine, I doubt that’s accurate. 

So, as I filled N400 online, and I have that myUscis account, there is an inbox. I sent them a message - email last night. The subject line gives only one option “N400”, it doesn’t show for I-751. I wrote that my N400 interview is in May, but I don’t know anything about my I-751.

They called me today 😳 🤭😱 She said that “most likely both cases will be processed on the interview date”. 

Later, I received the written reply, but that didn’t mention anything about I-751, only how my interview for N400 is in May, and instructions about the website, as usual. 

Basically, no one is allowed to confirm anything. 😂

So is the consensus just to show up to N400 interview and hope that they adjudicate both? We just got notified we have an N400 interview, but our ROC is still pending with no updates/no transfers/no RFE since May 2018. I'm just wondering if I need to call the office or do anything extra

K1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
☑I-129F Sent : 03-10-15
☑NOA1 : 03-20-15
☑NOA2 : 04-07-15
☑Received NOA2 hardcopy: 04-11-15
NVC received: 04-24-15
NVC Assigns Case #: 04-27-15
☑Case sent to embassy: 05-04-15
☑Embassy Packet 3 sent: 05-19-15
☑Medical: 07-03-15 and 09-07-15 (did two medicals to ensure fiance had enough time to get to U.S.)
☑Interview: 07-30-15
☑Visa Issued: 09-22-15!!!! [:thumbs:]

K1 OVERALL: NO RFE and NO LAWYER!
--------------------------------------------------------

POE TO GREEN CARD

Fiance arrived in USA (POE @ Boston Logan)!!!: 01-31-2016 :D
Court Marriage: 02-04-16
Sent AOS, EAD, AP Packet: 02-25-16 :dance:

Packet Delivered via USPS Priority & Certified: 02-27-16

Check cashed by USCIS: 03-03-16

NOA1's by text (x3): 03-03-16

NOA1 Hardcopies via Mail (x3): 03-07-16

Biometric Appt. Letter Received: 03-18-16 (scheduled for 03/31/16, Raleigh, NC)

Biometrics Appointment: 03-31-16; Raleigh, NC

☑"My Interview is Scheduled" Status Change: 04-12-16

Received hardcopy of Interview Notice: 04-16-16

EAD/AP Approval by Email: 04-26-16

I797 Approval Notice for EAD and AP: 04-30-16

Green Card Interview: 05-18-16; (APPROVED ON THE SPOT!) :D

I797 Approval Notice for Green Card: 05-23-16

Conditional Green Card Received!: 05-26-16 :dancing:

GC OVERALL: NO RFE and NO LAWYER!

ROC OVERALL: NO RFE and NO LAWYER!

"120 days out" letter: 01-24-18 ☑ Submitted ROC: 03-10-18 ☑ Package delivered: 03-14-18 ☑ Waived Biometrics: 05-08-18 ☑ Interview Date Set for 05/23/19: 05-07-19 (automatic approval!) Card Received:

N400 OVERALL: NO RFE and NO LAWYER!

Filing Date: 03/16/2019 NOA1: 03/16/2019 Biometrics Walk-In: 03/28/19 (originally scheduled for 04/08/19) ☑ Interview Date Set for 05/23/19: 04/18/19 (automatic approval!) Oath Ceremony: 07/17/19

So is the consensus just to show up at the N400 interview and hope that they adjudicate both? We still have I751 pending since last year with no updates/transfers/RFEs. Just wondering if I need to call someone

K1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
☑I-129F Sent : 03-10-15
☑NOA1 : 03-20-15
☑NOA2 : 04-07-15
☑Received NOA2 hardcopy: 04-11-15
NVC received: 04-24-15
NVC Assigns Case #: 04-27-15
☑Case sent to embassy: 05-04-15
☑Embassy Packet 3 sent: 05-19-15
☑Medical: 07-03-15 and 09-07-15 (did two medicals to ensure fiance had enough time to get to U.S.)
☑Interview: 07-30-15
☑Visa Issued: 09-22-15!!!! [:thumbs:]

K1 OVERALL: NO RFE and NO LAWYER!

POE TO GREEN CARD

Fiance arrived in USA (POE @ Boston Logan)!!!: 01-31-2016 :D
Court Marriage: 02-04-16
Sent AOS, EAD, AP Packet: 02-25-16 :dance:

Packet Delivered via USPS Priority & Certified: 02-27-16

Check cashed by USCIS: 03-03-16

NOA1's by text (x3): 03-03-16

NOA1 Hardcopies via Mail (x3): 03-07-16

Biometric Appt. Letter Received: 03-18-16 (scheduled for 03/31/16, Raleigh, NC)

Biometrics Appointment: 03-31-16; Raleigh, NC

☑"My Interview is Scheduled" Status Change: 04-12-16

Received hardcopy of Interview Notice: 04-16-16

EAD/AP Approval by Email: 04-26-16

I797 Approval Notice for EAD and AP: 04-30-16

Green Card Interview: 05-18-16; (APPROVED ON THE SPOT!) :D

I797 Approval Notice for Green Card: 05-23-16

Conditional Green Card Received!: 05-26-16 :dancing:

GC OVERALL: NO RFE and NO LAWYER!

ROC OVERALL: NO RFE and NO LAWYER!

"120 days out" letter: 01-24-18 ☑ Submitted ROC: 03-10-18 ☑ Package delivered: 03-14-18 ☑ Waived Biometrics: 05-08-18 ☑ Interview Date Set for 05/23/19: 05-07-19 (automatic approval!) Card Received:

N400 OVERALL: NO RFE and NO LAWYER!

Filing Date: 03/16/2019 NOA1: 03/16/2019 Biometrics Walk-In: 03/28/19 (originally scheduled for 04/08/19) ☑ Interview Date Set for 05/23/19: 04/18/19 (automatic approval!) Oath Ceremony: 07/17/19

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.