2,950 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife's N400 interview was supposedly last Feb 15 2019. I joined her thinking that it will be a combo interview since her I-751 is still pending.  We did not receive any notice for a combo interview, just N400. After waiting for over an hour at our local USCIS office, we got called and told they have to cancel the N400 interview since her I-751 is still pending. The lady officer said that we will hear from them within 90 days and I should be present the next time since they will conduct the I-751 interview  first then a different officer will do the N400 part. She also took our contact number.  Yesterday we got a letter from USCIS stating that my wife's I-751 interview will be conducted on April 15 at the AOS unit . No mention of the N400 and the online account has not been updated. Do you think the N400 will follow right after the I-751 interview on the same date or will they reschedule the N400 interview after adjudicating the I-751?  I am wondering if any of you who did a combo I-751 and N400 had this kind of experience.Thanks.

Edited by geff44

I'm sorry you've had this experience. I had a combi interview but just got the invitation for the N400. So I raised an inquiry and got formal confirmation in a letter from my local office that I would have two interviews on the same day. 

I'd suggest raising an inquiry to get confirmation as hopefully that'll help your local office to prepare. Take the confirmation with you. 

Good luck!

17 minutes ago, geff44 said:

My wife's N400 interview was supposedly last Feb 15 2019. I joined her thinking that it will be a combo interview since her I-751 is still pending.  We did not receive any notice for a combo interview, just N400. After waiting for over an hour at our local USCIS office, we got called and told they have to cancel the N400 interview since her I-751 is still pending. The lady officer said that we will hear from them within 90 days and I should be present the next time since they will conduct the I-751 interview  first then a different officer will do the N400 part. She also took our contact number.  Yesterday we got a letter from USCIS stating that my wife's I-751 interview will be conducted on April 15 at the AOS unit . No mention of the N400 and the online account has not been updated. Do you think the N400 will follow right after the I-751 interview on the same date or will they reschedule the N400 interview after adjudicating the I-751?  I am wondering if any of you who did a combo I-751 and N400 had this kind of experience.Thanks.

Edited by GoodbyeGirl

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current status: UK and USA citizen

12-Mar-19: I-751 (WAC18026) + N400 combi interview

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

1 May 19: Voter registration card in-hand

3 May 19: USA passport in-hand

11 May 19: New SSN card in-hand

36 minutes ago, geff44 said:

bring your spouse with you on the day of i751 interview just in case 

Hubby had his interview last week he was recommend for approval for both. He got his ROC approval notice and new GC in the mail a few days ago. Today he got a RFE on his N400 to send more relationship evidence. He brought an entire binder of relationship evidence to the interview and the IO only glanced at it and didn't take anything. Now this happens. If we didn't have sufficient ROC evidence why was ROC approved so quickly and N400 hindered? We've responded electronically to the RFE. We don't expect to hear anything for a while.

Edited by corvusheart

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

3 minutes ago, corvusheart said:

Hubby had his interview last week he was recommend for approval for both. He got his ROC approval notice and new GC in the mail a few days ago. Today he got a RFE on his N400 to send more relationship evidence. He brought an entire binder of relationship evidence to the interview and the IO only glanced at it and didn't take anything. Now this happens. If we didn't have sufficient ROC evidence why was ROC approved so quickly and N400 hindered? We've responded electronically to the RFE. We don't expect to hear anything for a while.

If you don't mind, I would like to know if there is any online update after the interview. We got the same interview 2 days ago and online status still has not been updated.. We were recommended for approval as well.. Not sure how long it takes to receive the 10 year card.

2 minutes ago, holidaywkhcx said:

If you don't mind, I would like to know if there is any online update after the interview. We got the same interview 2 days ago and online status still has not been updated.. We were recommended for approval as well.. Not sure how long it takes to receive the 10 year card.

It sat at My interview is scheduled for a week after until yesterday it changed to we have sent you a request for evidence. We replied electronically. Now it says we have my response for evidence requested has been received. We received his approval notice for ROC and his new GC a week after interview. I feel like we've been cheated especially since he brought the binder of all his evidence. The IO foolishly didn't take it. Thinking about writing to our congress person about this and hopefully they force the case to expedite.

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

3 minutes ago, corvusheart said:

It sat at My interview is scheduled for a week after until yesterday it changed to we have sent you a request for evidence. We replied electronically. Now it says we have my response for evidence requested has been received. We received his approval notice for ROC and his new GC a week after interview. I feel like we've been cheated especially since he brought the binder of all his evidence. The IO foolishly didn't take it. Thinking about writing to our congress person about this and hopefully they force the case to expedite.

I think the interview officer thought you have enough for N400 and no need to take any new evidence, therefore he/she recommended you for approval. But N400 will need his/her supervisor's review before final approval as he/she just recommend for approval rather than a final decision. After review, his/her supervisor may want more evidences to prove the relationship, then you got your REF..  

1 hour ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

I'm sorry you've had this experience. I had a combi interview but just got the invitation for the N400. So I raised an inquiry and got formal confirmation in a letter from my local office that I would have two interviews on the same day. 

I'd suggest raising an inquiry to get confirmation as hopefully that'll help your local office to prepare. Take the confirmation with you. 

Good luck!

What kind of inquiry have you submitted ?

My I-751 and N400 got approved on February 26. Up to now, I haven't received the Naturalization Oath ceremony letter. How long does it take to receive one?

Thanks.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - TIMELINE - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I-751

Oct. 16, 2017  - ROC packet sent to VSC.

Oct. 19, 2017  - ROC packet signed for in VSC.

Oct. 20, 2017  - NOA date on receipt.

Nov. 6, 2017    - NOA receipt arrived in the mail. Check cashed.

Nov. 27, 2017  - Biometrics appointment arrived in the mail.  

Dec. 6, 2017    - Biometrics completed. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

N400

Sept. 20, 2018 - Filed N400 online.

Sept. 21, 2018 - Got electronic receipt for N400/Biometrics were scheduled online.

Sept. 22, 2018 - Got Biometrics PDF schedule online/Paper receipt for N400 arrived in the mail. 

Oct. 12, 2018   - Biometrics appointment

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Service Center: VSC
First 5 Digits EAC 18033
NOA1 Date: Oct. 20, 2017
Filed N-400: Yes

Case Transferred: Yes, transferred to local office.

Approved?: Yes

If yes, did you have a RFE? Not yet.  On what date?:

If yes, did you have an interview? On what date?: February 26, 2019

These are the steps I followed to raise my inquiry:

• Login into your account at https://egov.uscis.gov/ 
  • Then click on one of your cases
  • Scroll to the bottom and click the 'Submit a case inquiry' box 
  • I picked 'Did not receive notice by mail'  It wasn't an exact match for my question, but it was the nearest that would fit
  • Fill in the form and in the 'Provide Last Action on Your Case' you can ask your question 
  • Hit 'Submit' and wait...

Hope this helps. :)

12 hours ago, torres10 said:

What kind of inquiry have you submitted ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current status: UK and USA citizen

12-Mar-19: I-751 (WAC18026) + N400 combi interview

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

1 May 19: Voter registration card in-hand

3 May 19: USA passport in-hand

11 May 19: New SSN card in-hand

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
On 3/14/2019 at 6:36 AM, holidaywkhcx said:

Hello! Just an update.. My wife and I went to i751 interview yesterday with pending n400. The interview went very smoothly and officer was very nice & easygoing.. It only took 15 mins, officer said he will recommend for approval for i751 and we should be receiving a green card in 30 days. Also, he said we should receive a interview letter for n 400 soon. During the interview, he took my wife's conditional green card. As of today, online status still shows case was received at local office.. How long it takes to update online status ? Will they transfer our i751 back to Vermont for green card production ?

Hard to tell to be honest and I'm in the same predicament as you. I also had my I-751 pending and went to my N-400 interview on Feb 27th. My wife and son waited outside while I did the whole combined I-751/N-400 interview. Combo interview was great and N-400 was recommended for approval and officer even gave me print out sheet. Officer just took recent tax return transcripts said I already sent a lot of evidence and promised to approve I-751 the very next day in a different system. Since then no change in either statuses and no approval. Did an info pass appointment and went there yesterday and was told they're still reviewing both. The most I could do was make the info pass officer email the officer handling my case about my issue. There're 2 October filers who had same experience and they were approved in 2 and 3 weeks later respectively after doing some inquiries and nudging them. Hopefully this gets done by the end of this month fingers crossed.

Adjustment of Status From F-1 Visa.

8/14/2014: Mailed AOS package: I-130, I-485, I-765.

8/18/2014: Accepted in Chicago. Transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

8/21/2014: Received NOA 1. I-130, I-485, I-765 in mail.

8/25/2014: Received biometrics in mail. Scheduled for 9/8/2014

9/24/2014: EAD approved. 36 Days!

10/01/2014: EAD mailed.

10/03/2014: Received EAD card.

10/14/2014: I-485 moved to testing and interview.

1/28/2015: Interview scheduled for 3/4/2015.

1/31/2015: Received interview notice.

3/4/2015: Interview completed and APPROVED!

3/5/2015: Welcome notice mailed and I-130 Approved.

3/10/2015: Welcome notice and I-130 approval notice received.

3/12/2015: Green card mailed.

3/14/2015: Green card delivered.

Removal of Conditions: 

12/14/2016: Mailed I-751.

12/19/2016: NOA issued.

01/26/2017: Biometrics.

05/03/2018: I-751 transfered to NBC.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 Interview.

05/14/2019: I-751 APPROVED.

Naturalization:

12/02/2017: Mailed N 400 to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox. (I-751 still pending)

12/05/2017: Package delivered in Phoenix, AZ. Transferred to Harrisonburg Processing Center.

12/07/2017: Notice of action issued. (IOE)

12/26/2017: Biometrics.

01/23/2019: Interview Scheduled for 2/27/2019.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 interview. N-400 recommended for approval.

05/16/2019: N-400 APPROVED! Placed in line for oath ceremony.

05/17/2019: Oath ceremony notice mailed.

06/12/2019: Swearing in Ceremony! Finally a U.S. citizen!

4 minutes ago, Starkilla09 said:

Hard to tell to be honest and I'm in the same predicament as you. I also had my I-751 pending and went to my N-400 interview on Feb 27th. My wife and son waited outside while I did the whole combined I-751/N-400 interview. Combo interview was great and N-400 was recommended for approval and officer even gave me print out sheet. Officer just took recent tax return transcripts said I already sent a lot of evidence and promised to approve I-751 the very next day in a different system. Since then no change in either statuses and no approval. Did an info pass appointment and went there yesterday and was told they're still reviewing both. The most I could do was make the info pass officer email the officer handling my case about my issue. There're 2 October filers who had same experience and they were approved in 2 and 3 weeks later respectively after doing some inquiries and nudging them. Hopefully this gets done by the end of this month fingers crossed.

Mine is a little different than yours. We did file N400 but we got the interview letter for i751 first, so we went for the interview for i751 only with pending N400.. 2 days after interview, online status changed for New card is being produced.. We are still waiting for n400 interview letter. At beginning, we thought we will be combo interview but it doesn't matter as long as we get this done..

Hey guys ,

I had my N-400 and I751 interview yesterday , at first he conducted I751 and asked us question about how we met ? and other stuff, then asked if we have any new evidence we would like to add to the file, we gave him Tax transcripts and bank statement , also our insurance car and other stuff have both of our name. then he said do you have any other new pictures other than the ones in the file, I showed him few but he wants recent one.

Then he said no problem , I think we are good on I-751 and he asked my wife to leave and walked her out , then came back and started N400 test , I passed and had me sign twice on the ipad.

He printed form N-652 told me congratulations you passed , also he checked "Follow the instructions on Form N14, request for additional information, Documents or forms", "USCIS will send you a written decision about your application" and " A decision cannot be made yet about your application". He explained to me that he did not have time to review I-751 ( Note : They just got I-751 from California service center and he said I did not want you guys to come back again since we have 4 hours drive, and I thanked him for that )  then he said that if I need any addition information , I'll send you a letter if not I'll send a decision.

So I don't know what your guys thought on this , but I think since RFE is checked it means that I'm going to get RFE or it is not necessary ?

Thanks

20 minutes ago, animkofi said:

I got an interview for my n400. Since my i751 is pending I did a service request to find out if my spouse has to accompany. They emailed me saying my n400 and i751 are on hold until the interview and my wife has to accompany me. Has anybody on here experienced this?

that's how USCIS handles the case if you file N400 with i751 pending.. Go with your spouse and get everything done at once..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.