2,950 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Starkilla09 said:

No you don't need to call them for anything. They will have all your whole A file records in a big thick folder on the day of your I-751/N-400 interview.

I hope you are correct, I have seen people here in VJ have to wait for I-751 to be approved after they have done their N-400 interview. It just depends on your local service center , but I could be totally wrong.

Hey guys, has anyone tried to schedule   infopass by phone with any luck? My local office no longer accepts walk-in or online appointments, so I gave them a call last Thursday and they should have call me back within 48 hrs, and now it's been more than 72 already and still no call...Tried again just now and they are currently having busy lines...I really need to get my stamp due to upcoming vacation and my ext.letter is in about to expire soon...

Edited by Inna&Chris

ROC -"CSC"

Package sent: 07/31/17

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, torres10 said:

they

My local field office is Forth Smith Arkansas I really want a combine interview so it can be Adjudicate together am tired of waiting endlessly,anybody have an idea how Fort Smith Arkansas Field office operates?

Edited by Ashipa
Add

Timeline
1 hour ago, raghucbz said:

My N-400 combo interview was scheduled for 9:30 AM. I received a notification (text & email) at 9:10 AM from USCIS stating that my I-751 ROC has been approved and the case status changed to "New Card Is Being Produced". This was quite confusing since my wife and I were en-route to the field office. We arrived at 9:20 AM and checked in at the reception. At 9:25 AM the IO invited me to the office and mentioned that my wife does not need to accompany me.

The IO administered the oath and asked for the interview letter and green card. She began by saying that she reviewed my I-751 ROC application earlier and approved it since there was sufficient evidence submitted, and that she'll proceed directly to the citizenship interview. She asked me 6 civics questions, 1 sentence to read, and 1 sentence to write. I passed the tests and we moved on to review the application. After asking all the Yes/No questions and verifying my bio, I signed the forms, and she recommended my application for approval. I was fully prepared to wait a couple of months for our Oath Ceremony, but the officer was very nice and said she would actually be able to get me in to the one they were having at USCIS field office on March 15th. She handed me form N-652 and asked me to wait a few minutes for the Oath Ceremony letter.

At 9:40 AM they handed me the N-445 Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony and my online status changed to "Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed". Quite a pleasant experience and surprised that I walked out with an Oath Ceremony letter within 20 minutes.

Questions:
1) If the President can no longer serve, who becomes President?
2) We elect a U.S. Representative for how many years?
3) Who is one of your state’s U.S. Senators now?
4) Who is in charge of the executive branch?
5) How many justices are on the Supreme Court?
6) What major event happened on September 11, 2001, in the United States?
Reading: Who was the first President of the United States?
Writing: Washington was the first President

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences, it helped me prepare and set my expectations for the whole process. Good luck to you all. 

Congratulationsiiiii if I may ask what Field office is this????

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ashipa said:

Congratulationsiiiii if I may ask what Field office is this????

Thanks. It is in Jacksonville, Florida. You can check my profile for more details and timeline. 

AOS STATUS

May 5, 2015 (Day 1) - Mailed AOS Packet to Dearborn Address through UPS
May 8, 2015 (Day 3) - Package delivered and signed for
May 13, 2015 (Day 8) - Checks Cleared Bank
May 20, 2015 (Day 15) - Received NOA hard copies in mail (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131)
May 22, 2015 (Day 17) - Biometrics appointment received - June 5th
May 28, 2015 (Day 23) - Walk-in Biometrics appointment complete
July 4th 2015 (Day 60) - Online I-485 status updated to "Case Is Ready To Be Schedule For An Interview"
July 21st 2015 (Day 77) - Online status update: EAD Being Produced / AP Approved
July 21st 2015 (Day 77) - Online status updated again: EAD Approved / AP Approved
July 25th 2015 (Day 81) - Received EAD/AP approval letter (I-797) in mail
July 29th 2015 (Day 85) - EAD/AP mailed
July 31th 2015 (Day 87) - EAD/AP received

Jan 15th 2016 (Day 255) - Interview scheduled for Feb 22nd 2016 at Federal Plaza, NYC

Feb 22nd 2016 (Day 293) - I-130 and I-485 Approved after Interview and New card is being produced

Feb 29th 2016 (Day 300) - Green Card and Welcome letter Received

Filed: Other Timeline
25 minutes ago, raghucbz said:

Thanks. It is in Jacksonville, Florida. You can check my profile for more details and timeline. 

Congratulations for your approvals... This may be a stupid question for most people on this thread, but I want to ask it anyway.  How do you apply for N-400 when you don't have a "valid GC"?  I mean your permanent CG... Do you send in a copy of your expired GC + Ext letter?  Does that serve the purpose?

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
2 minutes ago, aa1979 said:

Congratulations for your approvals... This may be a stupid question for most people on this thread, but I want to ask it anyway.  How do you apply for N-400 when you don't have a "valid GC"?  I mean your permanent CG... Do you send in a copy of your expired GC + Ext letter?  Does that serve the purpose?

Thanks

When I applied last year, I sent a copy of my expired GC only.

AOS from F1

11/13/2014: Concurrent filing of forms I-130, I-485, and I-765 at Chicago Lockbox

11/18/2014: NOA 1

12/11/2014: Biometric Appointment

01/16/2015: NOA 2

02/27/2015: Employment Authorization Card Received

02/27/2015: Interview

03/09/2015: Green Card Received

Timeline
1 minute ago, aa1979 said:

You mean you have sent the expired GC, without the extension letter?

Correct! I applied online though and I just attached a scanned copy of the expired green card.  

AOS from F1

11/13/2014: Concurrent filing of forms I-130, I-485, and I-765 at Chicago Lockbox

Timeline
8 hours ago, Ashipa said:

Hey everyone,

I filed my Form i751 in December, 2017,and filed form N400 January 29 under the Immigration and nationality Act INA section 319 under 3 year rule....N400 interview coming up April 3,2019 @ fort Smith Arkansas 

My question do I need to call USCIS for a combine I751 and N400 interview or do they automatically schedule both interview?

Contribution will be highly appreciated.

It's not  always automatic to get a combo interview.  Even within the same office (speaking about my local office as an example), it's not always a standard procedure for all applicants.  I got a combo interview, others got their N-400 interviews cancelled for lack of officers available to conduct combo-interviews, others have arrived for N-400 interviews only to be told they can't be interviewed cause of a pending I-751 and then there are those who were had the N-400 interview but no decision could be made because they had to wait for the I-751 interview date to be scheduled for a later date.  I think for me what helped was putting in a status inquiry for my I-751 after I applied for the N-400 and the response was that I'd get a combo interview.  At the time I did this, I hadn't got an interview date for the N-400.

AOS from F1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
43 minutes ago, aa1979 said:

Thanks

Yes I uploaded a copy of my expired GC and extension letter since I filed online. You don't need to have a 10 year GC to apply for N-400, you need to be eligible based on this: https://www.uscis.gov/citizenship/educators/naturalization-information#eligibility_reqmts

AOS STATUS

May 5, 2015 (Day 1) - Mailed AOS Packet to Dearborn Address through UPS
May 8, 2015 (Day 3) - Package delivered and signed for
May 13, 2015 (Day 8) - Checks Cleared Bank
May 20, 2015 (Day 15) - Received NOA hard copies in mail (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131)
May 22, 2015 (Day 17) - Biometrics appointment received - June 5th
May 28, 2015 (Day 23) - Walk-in Biometrics appointment complete
July 4th 2015 (Day 60) - Online I-485 status updated to "Case Is Ready To Be Schedule For An Interview"
July 21st 2015 (Day 77) - Online status update: EAD Being Produced / AP Approved
July 21st 2015 (Day 77) - Online status updated again: EAD Approved / AP Approved
July 25th 2015 (Day 81) - Received EAD/AP approval letter (I-797) in mail
July 29th 2015 (Day 85) - EAD/AP mailed
July 31th 2015 (Day 87) - EAD/AP received

Jan 15th 2016 (Day 255) - Interview scheduled for Feb 22nd 2016 at Federal Plaza, NYC

Feb 22nd 2016 (Day 293) - I-130 and I-485 Approved after Interview and New card is being produced

Feb 29th 2016 (Day 300) - Green Card and Welcome letter Received

Timeline
1 hour ago, teshah said:

It's not  always automatic to get a combo interview.  Even within the same office (speaking about my local office as an example), it's not always a standard procedure for all applicants.  I got a combo interview, others got their N-400 interviews cancelled for lack of officers available to conduct combo-interviews, others have arrived for N-400 interviews only to be told they can't be interviewed cause of a pending I-751 and then there are those who were had the N-400 interview but no decision could be made because they had to wait for the I-751 interview date to be scheduled for a later date.  I think for me what helped was putting in a status inquiry for my I-751 after I applied for the N-400 and the response was that I'd get a combo interview.  At the time I did this, I hadn't got an interview date for the N-400.

So can someone still try and talk to USCIS to hear from them?.....do I need to talk to a tier 2 officer or the 1st responder?

Timeline
13 hours ago, Ashipa said:

So can someone still try and talk to USCIS to hear from them?.....do I need to talk to a tier 2 officer or the 1st responder?

I've never made a call to talk to the officers so I can't give advise on that. As I said in my previous post, I put in a status inquiry via the USCIS website.   

AOS from F1

Timeline
3 hours ago, teshah said:

I've never made a call to talk to the officers so I can't give advise on that. As I said in my previous post, I put in a status inquiry via the USCIS website.   

Sorry for this question, how long was your i751 pending b4 you put in case enquiry? Is it more than the processing time? Reply will be appreciated 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.