2,950 posts in this topic

On 12/28/2018 at 12:33 PM, orange010 said:

The N-445 was uploaded to my online account, the Oath Ceremony is scheduled for 01/15/19. Also, I called USCIS this morning and the officer confirmed that the I751 was approved on 12/27, no RFE or interview. Looks like it's actually happening...I'm almost done :)

Hey! I remembered you lol. I guess you already became a citizen! I finally received the notice that my oath ceremony letter was sent, it's in a PDF, online (nothing about the mail yet). This was on January 29th. Anyway, my I 751 is still pending according to my account. I will USCIS as well to confirm. I guess if we are receiving the Oath letter is becasue I am already approved. I hope so!!! Congratulations!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I’ve been a silent follower of this thread and decided to share my experience at the USCIS Newark, NJ office this morning. 

Timeline 

Filed I-751 June 5 2017 

N-400 June 6 2018

Case moved to local office June 16 2018

Biometrics July 5 2018

December 26 2018 interview scheduled 

Feb 6th 2019 No interview 

I got there around 9:28am cos I was scheduled for 10am and already sitting inside by 9:46am and waiting to be called. 

There were lots of people sitting but most of them are there for the oath ceremony. I saw them calling people to the windows to receive their naturalization certificate. 

I was hoping they would attend to me on time and if possible get naturalized today cos my friend was that lucky at the same office(he doesn’t have I-751 pending though cos he joined the army).

They finally called my name at about 10:56am and I was told to swear as usual. 

Before I sit down, she said I’m just gonna be asking you few questions and this already got me worried. She then asked if I had been interviewed for my I-751 that’s pending and I said No. She asked if I received a mail to send any additional documents regarding that and I replied No. 

Then she said, you’re not eligible to file for N-400 yet cos you have a I-751 pending and also you’re supposed to wait 3years after your status is adjusted before you could file for N-400(making it 5years in total). She said somebody jumped the gun and sent you interview notice for N-400.

She told me she will have to contact the supervisor downstairs(the department that handles I-751) if they could interview me today for that because I let her know that my wife is with me. I was told to wait outside and saw her came to the window where she grabbed a file with some documents only to be called in again by her and found out it’s my file with the I-751. 

She started telling me again that I’m not entitled to have filed for citizenship and at this time, I can’t take it and let her know that I first did the questionnaire on the USCIS website to determine my eligibility and besides I believe my application would have been returned back to me when I filed if I wasn’t eligible. 

Before I was called, I saw about 3 other people there with their spouses and the officers told them they will request for their spouse if he/she is needed and just one was called to join her husband. 

I think it all depends on whoever that’s gonna interview you if he/she qualified to do both like some people stated on here already. Instead of her to simply say she doesn’t have the authority to adjust my I-751, she told me I will be contacted by someone soon and would come back only for my I-751 with my wife.

They’re having serious issues with their system/internet cos most of the people called in couldn’t finish their interviews and was told to go sit outside or go home and they will be notified when next to come. Though, some were able to be interviewed and were given a white form. 

I’m back on the waiting list again. 

Edited by kaccybino

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
54 minutes ago, kaccybino said:

Hello everyone,

I’ve been a silent follower of this thread and decided to share my experience at the USCIS Newark, NJ office this morning. 

Timeline 

Filed I-751 June 5 2017 

N-400 June 6 2018

Case moved to local office June 16 2018

Biometrics July 5 2018

December 26 2018 interview scheduled 

Feb 6th 2019 No interview 

I got there around 9:28am cos I was scheduled for 10am and already sitting inside by 9:46am and waiting to be called. 

There were lots of people sitting but most of them are there for the oath ceremony. I saw them calling people to the windows to receive their naturalization certificate. 

I was hoping they would attend to me on time and if possible get naturalized today cos my friend was that lucky at the same office(he doesn’t have I-751 pending though cos he joined the army).

They finally called my name at about 10:56am and I was told to swear as usual. 

Before I sit down, she said I’m just gonna be asking you few questions and this already got me worried. She then asked if I had been interviewed for my I-751 that’s pending and I said No. She asked if I received a mail to send any additional documents regarding that and I replied No. 

Then she said, you’re not eligible to file for N-400 yet cos you have a I-751 pending and also you’re supposed to wait 3years after your status is adjusted before you could file for N-400(making it 5years in total). She said somebody jumped the gun and sent you interview notice for N-400.

She told me she will have to contact the supervisor downstairs(the department that handles I-751) if they could interview me today for that because I let her know that my wife is with me. I was told to wait outside and saw her came to the window where she grabbed a file with some documents only to be called in again by her and found out it’s my file with the I-751. 

She started telling me again that I’m not entitled to have filed for citizenship and at this time, I can’t take it and let her know that I first did the questionnaire on the USCIS website to determine my eligibility and besides I believe my application would have been returned back to me when I filed if I wasn’t eligible. 

Before I was called, I saw about 3 other people there with their spouses and the officers told them they will request for their spouse if he/she is needed and just one was called to join her husband. 

I think it all depends on whoever that’s gonna interview you if he/she qualified to do both like some people stated on here already. Instead of her to simply say she doesn’t have the authority to adjust my I-751, she told me I will be contacted by someone soon and would come back only for my I-751 with my wife.

They’re having serious issues with their system/internet cos most of the people called in couldn’t finish their interviews and was told to go sit outside or go home and they will be notified when next to come. Though, some were able to be interviewed and were given a white form. 

I’m back on the waiting list again. 

That officer is probably a newbie and needs to be schooled on the process ... 

You became eligible the moment you're 90 days away from being 3 years as a green card holder irrespective of either your i-751 is approved or pending.

They can decide not to do a combo interview but denying your application that you're not eligible. So follow up with them bro

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, mymercy said:

That officer is probably a newbie and needs to be schooled on the process ... 

You became eligible the moment you're 90 days away from being 3 years as a green card holder irrespective of either your i-751 is approved or pending.

They can decide not to do a combo interview but denying your application that you're not eligible. So follow up with them bro

Oh okay. Thanks but how would I do that? Give them a call?

She really messed me up big time cos I saw other people with same situation like me that were attended to.

A couple was asked to wait by their officer if he would be able to approve everything when the system is back on. 

Edited by kaccybino

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, kaccybino said:

She really messed me up big time cos I saw other people with same situation like me that were attended to.

A couple was asked to wait by their officer if he would be able to approve everything when the system is back on. 

Show up at your State's Senators' offices and ask their staff to get you an update. 

Does Anybody know if it is mandatory they adjudicate both process when you apply N-400 with pending I-175 or they can finish the ROC first and then go to N-400?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, kaccybino said:

I'd say you call uscis and request to speak to a tier 2 officer and explain the situation.

If that isn't working, contact your district senator or rep to help you intervene ... if you can afford a lawyer, then you can get one.

You have to be sure you filed on or 90 days before your 3rd year green card anniversary.

On 1/18/2019 at 1:02 PM, DeKi said:

Just an update from my N-400 interview yesterday. Sadly, it was NOT a combo interview and the officer told me right away at the beginning that due to the open I-751 he would not be able to issue a decision regardless of the substance of our conversation. But at least he did perform the full interview. 

He seemed to suggest that I shouldn't have even sent in a N-400 application, but when I said "Really, you are saying that's not allowed? I didn't realize that." he didn't actually state that it isn't allowed. So I don't know what to make of that. (I am doing all the filings by myself -- have never used a lawyer.) At the very end of the interview he divulged that he has requested my I-751 file, but didn't tell me from where even though I asked. I don't understand what the big secrecy about that is -- it was the same when I called the help line a couple of weeks ago and tried to find out. He did say it's not impossible to be called in for another interview if there are any questions when he gets the I-751. Ugh.

So now I am in this same limbo as before -- basically everything seems to be held up by the I-751 in my case. 

Any update on your case?

AOS

1/14/2016 - Mailed I-485/130/131/765
1/15/2016 - USPS tracking confirmed delivery
1/21/2016 - Text message confirmations received
1/26/2016 - Physical mail receipts received for all 4
2/06/2016 - Biometric letter arrived for appt
2/19/2016 - Biometric appointment
2/29/2016 - Status updated on website: "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"
3/08/2016 - Interview is scheduled for April 8
4/02/2016 - I-765 status set to: New Card is Being Produced; I-131 status set to: Case Was Approved
4/06/2016 - I765 Card was Mailed
4/08/2016 - EAD/AP Combo Card received in the mail; Greencard Interview same day,
4/11/2016 - Online update - I485/I130 are APPROVED!
4/13/2016 - Welcome Letter received in the mail; update online shows Greencard has been mailed

4/18/2016 - GREENCARD ARRIVED!!!

Removal of Conditions

1/10/2018 - Mailed I-751 Next Day Service

1/11/2018 - Arrived to PO Box in Laguna Niguel

1/11/2018 - NOA Notice Date

1/18/2018 - NOA(Extension Letter) physically received in mail

N-400 Application (While I-751 is still Pending)

1/14/2019 - Applied for N400 Online

1/15/2019 - Received notice of acceptance via email

1/19/2019 - Online notice received that biometrics was scheduled

2/04/2019 - Biometrics Appointment schedule and completed this day

2/05/2019 - Update on website that biometrics received and no information needed at this time

6/24/2019 - Online Update that Interview is Scheduled

6/26/2019 - Document available online - Interview scheduled for 7/29/2019

7/29/2019 - Interview.... approved!

8/24/2019 - Oath Ceremony

Hi, I just want to share my experience about my My I-751 and N400 combo interview. I filed my I-751 feb 2017 and filed my N400 Feb 2018. Dec 31 2018 I got an letter for the interview for the N400 scheduled Feb 5. My husband and I went together for the interview and when we got there the IO told me that my I-751 still pending. So she told me to come back on Feb 7, She will conduct the combo interview. So Feb 7 we arrived the at USCIS 7am, and when our name was called we went inside her office and she started asking all the docs that she ask me to bring. She Adjudicated my I-751. She started asking questions to my husband and I, we were interview together at the same time. There are some circumstances that they will interview the couple seperate but on our cases, she conducted the interview for us together. After the I-751 interview, she next conducted my N400 interview. She ask me about the civics history and reading and writing. She ask me all those information I have on my N400. I passed the test, HOWEVER I have to wait for the final decision about my I-751. It will take like 120 days for the decision to be made, so even though you pass your N400 but if the I-751 hasn’t made the final decision you won’t be able to schedule for the oath ceremony. You have to wait until they approve the I-751 after that then you will receive a Oath Ceremony Schedule.

Edited by Gemini1988

15 hours ago, edpa said:

Any update on your case?

Nope. :(

I see all these recent EAC updates here and they kind of give me hope. (Especially people saying that they got their 10-yr green card in the mail without any update in the USCIS system.) But nothing that I can tell has happened with my I-751 yet.

I saw somewhere on the USCIS site that they have 120 days to issue an N-400 decision after the interview (someone above says the same for the 751; I don't know for a fact, but it might be a general self-imposed rule after any interview has taken place?), so I have a reminder in my calendar for mid-May. Hopefully that's the outer limit of how long I will need to keep waiting. 

5 hours ago, DeKi said:

I see all these recent EAC updates here and they kind of give me hope. (Especially people saying that they got their 10-yr green card in the mail without any update in the USCIS system.) But nothing that I can tell has happened with my I-751 yet.

I saw somewhere on the USCIS site that they have 120 days to issue an N-400 decision after the interview (someone above says the same for the 751; I don't know for a fact, but it might be a general self-imposed rule after any interview has taken place?), so I have a reminder in my calendar for mid-May. Hopefully that's the outer limit of how long I will need to keep waiting. 

That sounds fair! Hopefully you hear something soon! 

AOS

1/14/2016 - Mailed I-485/130/131/765
1/15/2016 - USPS tracking confirmed delivery
1/21/2016 - Text message confirmations received
1/26/2016 - Physical mail receipts received for all 4
2/06/2016 - Biometric letter arrived for appt
2/19/2016 - Biometric appointment
2/29/2016 - Status updated on website: "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"
3/08/2016 - Interview is scheduled for April 8
4/02/2016 - I-765 status set to: New Card is Being Produced; I-131 status set to: Case Was Approved
4/06/2016 - I765 Card was Mailed
4/08/2016 - EAD/AP Combo Card received in the mail; Greencard Interview same day,
4/11/2016 - Online update - I485/I130 are APPROVED!
4/13/2016 - Welcome Letter received in the mail; update online shows Greencard has been mailed

4/18/2016 - GREENCARD ARRIVED!!!

Removal of Conditions

1/10/2018 - Mailed I-751 Next Day Service

1/11/2018 - Arrived to PO Box in Laguna Niguel

1/11/2018 - NOA Notice Date

1/18/2018 - NOA(Extension Letter) physically received in mail

N-400 Application (While I-751 is still Pending)

1/14/2019 - Applied for N400 Online

1/15/2019 - Received notice of acceptance via email

1/19/2019 - Online notice received that biometrics was scheduled

2/04/2019 - Biometrics Appointment schedule and completed this day

2/05/2019 - Update on website that biometrics received and no information needed at this time

6/24/2019 - Online Update that Interview is Scheduled

6/26/2019 - Document available online - Interview scheduled for 7/29/2019

7/29/2019 - Interview.... approved!

8/24/2019 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline
11 hours ago, Gemini1988 said:

Hi, I just want to share my experience about my My I-751 and N400 combo interview. I filed my I-751 feb 2017 and filed my N400 Feb 2018. Dec 31 2018 I got an letter for the interview for the N400 scheduled Feb 5. My husband and I went together for the interview and when we got there the IO told me that my I-751 still pending. So she told me to come back on Feb 7, She will conduct the combo interview. So Feb 7 we arrived the at USCIS 7am, and when our name was called we went inside her office and she started asking all the docs that she ask me to bring. She Adjudicated my I-751. She started asking questions to my husband and I, we were interview together at the same time. There are some circumstances that they will interview the couple seperate but on our cases, she conducted the interview for us together. After the I-751 interview, she next conducted my N400 interview. She ask me about the civics history and reading and writing. She ask me all those information I have on my N400. I passed the test, HOWEVER I have to wait for the final decision about my I-751. It will take like 120 days for the decision to be made, so even though you pass your N400 but if the I-751 hasn’t made the final decision you won’t be able to schedule for the oath ceremony. You have to wait until they approve the I-751 after that then you will receive a Oath Ceremony Schedule.

6 hours ago, DeKi said:

We had our combo interview at Houston FO on June 25 2018, spouse  passed the N400 interview. But I-751 still pending. We were told to wait 90 for letter to arrive regarding RFE. So wend back in September 2018 with infopass appointment and additional evidences since RFE letter never came. Again were told to wait 60-90 days for a decision. Today is day 228 since the N400 interview and day 144 since the followup appointment. No update from them yet. And what is worse is field office will stop taking walk-ins after next week and infopass appointment are like diamonds. Staying up every night for past month at midnight to schedule appointment but no luck.

Planning to just walk-in today, fingers crossed. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline
2 hours ago, ramus_maximus said:

We had our combo interview at Houston FO on June 25 2018, spouse  passed the N400 interview. But I-751 still pending. We were told to wait 90 for letter to arrive regarding RFE. So wend back in September 2018 with infopass appointment and additional evidences since RFE letter never came. Again were told to wait 60-90 days for a decision. Today is day 228 since the N400 interview and day 144 since the followup appointment. No update from them yet. And what is worse is field office will stop taking walk-ins after next week and infopass appointment are like diamonds. Staying up every night for past month at midnight to schedule appointment but no luck.

Planning to just walk-in today, fingers crossed. 

They refused to let me talk to anyone pas the check-in desk  without an appointment. They said starting Feb 18 they are making changes on how infopass appointments are made. After Feb 18th everyone has to call in and person on the phone will help with that. Hopefully this is true because I have not had any luck trying to talk to a live person in past month to the 1-800-375-5283 number. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.