KOI

Travel ban bans fiance and spouse?

31 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, broppy said:

Iran is on the list because "the government in Iran regularly fails to cooperate with the United States Government in identifying security risks; is the source of significant terrorist threats; is state sponsor of terrorism; and fails to receive its nationals subject to final orders of removal from the United States".

Rather than harassing our government, your time might be better spent trying to encourage the Iranian government to play nice with the rest of the world and stop behaving like a rogue state.

are you serious ?

I think the travel ban for Iran makes complete sense. If you look at the records you see that untill recently and right before the ban goes into effect, lots and lots of Iranians have come to the US to attempt terrorist attacks.. Thousands and millions of americans have been victims of the Iranian people. Even the white guy in Vegas who shot lots of innocent people was an Iranian! But as you all know, the Saudi's and pakistanis and few others have always sacrificed their lives to protect americans since the beginning of time... Just cut the ####### people... We all know that the reasoning behind this stupid ban is some BS. Those who talk about Iranians should travel more and learn more about other nations. It is really embarrassing nowadays to be American. I really feel ashamed and I am seriously thinking about leaving this country. I'm not gonna be a part of this racism anymore.

Disclaimer: of course the real americans are the nicest people I have ever met, and they truely believe in freedom and they are the most open minded people. I was only talking about those uneducated, ignorant and non worthy people who don't even recognize that trump is the same as the ISIS leader, only in a suit with a tie..

6 hours ago, KOI said:

Put on this list for political reasons.

the only country that has done terrorist attacks is Saudi, US funded taliban and Al Qaueda, there is some proof that Saudi funds ISIS (though not solidified)

Did I mention that Israel provides aid to ISIS?

I don’t want to make this political but the travel ban is BS and purely to escelate issues between US and Iran to try and start a war. 

You are very much misinformed.

Click Spoiler for signature timeline.

3/10/2013 - Married

Green Card Process Summary
3/25/2013 - Submitted I-130's
01/13/2014 - Embassy Interview - Approved!
05/28/2014 - POE (U.S. Customs and Immigration Overseas Preclearance Facility - Abu Dhabi)
08/20/2014 - Green Card received.

Naturalization Process

01/20/2015 - Submitted N-400 for immediate naturalization under INA 319b.

02/10/2015 - Check cashed.

02/14/2015 - NOA

04/07/2015 - Case shipped to local field office.

04/08/2015 - Interview scheduled for July 6, 2015.

04/08/2015 - Wifey better be studying her butt off for the citizenship test!

07/08/2015 - Wifey was studying her butt off and passed the test easily. Oath ceremony completed on same day! We are done with our journey!

6 hours ago, natasha-mehdito said:

It's common sense that there should be vetting.However, there has NOT been one single Iranian terrorist. There HAVE been Saudian, Moroccan, Pakistani etc...  yet they are not on this list. Name one, just one, Iranian National that committed a terrorist act...NOT ONE. 

Requesting our congressmen for help to get our husbands, wives and fiances is our right. In fact, I contacted my congressman AND congresswoman who both ensured me they are working hard on this issue and asked me for more info...hardly harassing them-they were both very happy to help with this situation.

People come here for support and guidance...not to be insulted. If you have nothing to contribute, maybe stay quiet.

Exactly!!!!!!!!

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/sep/13/iran-responsible-for-deaths-of-500-us-service-memb/

This might have something to do with it.

3/10/2013 - Married

05/28/2014 - POE (U.S. Customs and Immigration Overseas Preclearance Facility - Abu Dhabi)

Naturalization Process

02/14/2015 - NOA

07/08/2015 - Wifey was studying her butt off and passed the test easily. Oath ceremony completed on same day! We are done with our journey!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
5 hours ago, prince1364 said:

I think the travel ban for Iran makes complete sense. If you look at the records you see that untill recently and right before the ban goes into effect, lots and lots of Iranians have come to the US to attempt terrorist attacks.. Thousands and millions of americans have been victims of the Iranian people. Even the white guy in Vegas who shot lots of innocent people was an Iranian! But as you all know, the Saudi's and pakistanis and few others have always sacrificed their lives to protect americans since the beginning of time... Just cut the ####### people... We all know that the reasoning behind this stupid ban is some BS. Those who talk about Iranians should travel more and learn more about other nations. It is really embarrassing nowadays to be American. I really feel ashamed and I am seriously thinking about leaving this country. I'm not gonna be a part of this racism anymore.

Disclaimer: of course the real americans are the nicest people I have ever met, and they truely believe in freedom and they are the most open minded people. I was only talking about those uneducated, ignorant and non worthy people who don't even recognize that trump is the same as the ISIS leader, only in a suit with a tie..

Real Iranians are the nicest people and are open minded too ;)

Spoiler

Married December 19, 2014

I-130 Petition sent January 14, 2015
NOA1 date January 20, 2015 (NSC)

NOA2 date May 28, 2015 :dance::dance::dance:

Mailed to NVC June 4, 2015

NVC Received June 10, 2015

NVC Case Number Assigned June 23, 2015

NVC AoS Invoice via Mail June 24, 2015

NVC Selected Agent Over Phone June 30, 2015 (Unable to logon to CEAC)

NVC IV Invoice via email received July 1, 2015

NVC AoS/IV Package Mailed July 2, 2015

NVC AoS & IV Fee Paid Online (CEAC is working) July 6. 2015

NVC Document Scan Date July 6, 2015

NCV AoS & IV Fee marked as paid in CEAC July, 7 2015

NVC DS 260 Completed July 8, 2015

NVC CC July 30, 2015 (24 days after scan date, about 2 months post NOA2)

Interview Scheduled on August 26, 2015

Interview P4 Email Received August 27, 2015

Medical in Islamabad September 2, 2015

Interview Date September 22, 2015 CANCELLED (Embassy is Over scheduled) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Interview Scheduled on September 10, 2015

Interview Date October 14, 2015 APPROVED

Visa Issued October 16, 2015, 9 months start to finish

POE JFK October 26, 2015

GC in Hand Jan 8, 2016

RoC I-751 NOA1 August 31, 2017 (Vermont Service Center)

Biometrics October 2, 2017

I551 Stamp in Passport August 2, 2018

18 Month Extension Letter August 3, 2018

Applied for Naturalization N-400 Online July 30, 2018

Biometrics August 23, 2018

10 year GC is in production September 17, 2018

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
10 hours ago, broppy said:

But the problem is that Iran (and most other countries on the list) is not adequately sharing information with the US about serious criminals or known and suspected terrorists. Those other countries are co-operating with the US to identify potential threats to our country.

Personal opinions does not have a place here. Either you provide some guidance regarding the question asked or simply wish a good luck. 

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
18 minutes ago, no_where_man said:

Personal opinions does not have a place here. Either you provide some guidance regarding the question asked or simply wish a good luck. 

Sure they do. But that wasn't a personal opinion - Trump's proclamation clearly states that "Iran regularly fails to cooperate with the United States Government in identifying security risks, fails to satisfy at least one key risk criterion, is the source of significant terrorist threats, and fails to receive its nationals subject to final orders of removal from the United States". And earlier in the thread, I suggested that OP try to encourage the Iranian government to rectify those failings and stop behaving like a rogue state (good luck with that!).

Edited by broppy
add link

Timeline
1 minute ago, broppy said:

Sure they do. But that wasn't a personal opinion - Trump's proclamation clearly states that "Iran regularly fails to cooperate with the United States Government in identifying security risks, fails to satisfy at least one key risk criterion, is the source of significant terrorist threats, and fails to receive its nationals subject to final orders of removal from the United States". And earlier in the thread, I suggested that OP try to encourage the Iranian government to rectify those failings and stop behaving like a rogue state (good luck with that!).

I am not sure if the OP might have the time nor the resources as an individual to encourage any government to do anything. Besides, its all politics regardless who and what. He needs to know if the ban effect him or not, and if there is something reasonable that can help him/her in his case. There are other countries that should be on the list, and they are not for other reasons we wont discuss here. So hopefully we can give constructive IMMIGRATION advise if we have the information, otherwise just enjoy the journey.  

5 hours ago, jayjayj said:

This has been proven to be true. The Iranian government was actively working in Iraq training, supporting, and supplying the people fighting against the US.

47 minutes ago, no_where_man said:

I am not sure if the OP might have the time nor the resources as an individual to encourage any government to do anything. Besides, its all politics regardless who and what. He needs to know if the ban effect him or not, and if there is something reasonable that can help him/her in his case. There are other countries that should be on the list, and they are not for other reasons we wont discuss here. So hopefully we can give constructive IMMIGRATION advise if we have the information, otherwise just enjoy the journey.  

I notice you aren't saying the same thing to people who don't support the ban.

Iran is a considered to be a "state sponsor of terror", thus the ban.  Despite what you think, VJ is a place where people are allowed to freely express their opinions and anyone asking questions needs to understand the circumstances that created their situation.

Edited by jayjayj

3/10/2013 - Married

Naturalization Process

02/14/2015 - NOA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
55 minutes ago, no_where_man said:

I am not sure if the OP might have the time nor the resources as an individual to encourage any government to do anything.

Sounds like someone's letting their personal opinions get in the way... You have a go at me, yet let slide the comment to which I originally responded:

22 hours ago, kris&me said:

Write to your Senators and Congressman

It takes no more effort to write to Iranian representatives than it does to write to our senators and congressmen.

1 hour ago, no_where_man said:

This is literally one of the most ignorant statements I've ever read on here.  It is an attempt to shut down opinions and speech you don't agree with and that is inappropriate, not only on here but in America as a whole.  Ironically, that sounds exactly like something you would hear from the Iranian regime, a hard-line tyrannical government that stifles free speech and systematically imprisons or kills political protesters.  It is mind boggling that you think you could do the same thing on here.  I'm all kinds of offended that you would even try.

Edited by jayjayj

3/10/2013 - Married

Naturalization Process

02/14/2015 - NOA

Timeline

Again, Visajourney's guidelines specifically states that this site is for immigration advise only. Personal opinions that are related to giving an advise to the OP about their issue to solve a specific situation is appropriate. However, political opinions that are usually built on personal preferences esteemed either from media influence or simply racial/social/political backgrounds does not have a place here nor it will be welcomed. Freedom of speech is a principle that is more than cheered in many countries not just here, but when its the appropriate place, and time. It is counterproductive to the needs of the OP and a waste of time for all. I hope you understand and lets focus on his question and if there is something reasonable and reliable he/she can do to address their concerns.

Thanks .

Edited by no_where_man

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

The hijackers in the September 11 attacks were 19 men affiliated with al-Qaeda. Fifteen of the 19 were citizens of Saudi Arabia, and the others were from the United Arab Emirates (2), Egypt, and Lebanon.[1]

the man who did Oklohoma Federal Building was as follows:

Religious beliefs. McVeigh was raised Roman Catholic

the Las Vegas shooter:

Stephen Paddock held various federal jobs in the 1970s and 80s. He was a US Postal Service letter carrier in the mid- to -late 70s; an agent with the Internal Revenue Service from 1978 to 1984; and worked for the Defense Contract Audit Agency in 1984 and 1985, the US Office of Personnel   He was American

Judging a person as radical or a danger because of the country he/she comes from is totally wrong

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.