2,948 posts in this topic

Oh, make sure to get every single document that you can. Anyways, mine is at Vermont Service Center. When did you get your RFE letter if you don't mind. Good luck to us, hopefully we all get a positive feedback from the USCIS.

11 hours ago, kenzo_gal said:

I have mailed it on October 21st 2017, got an NOA on the 30th and had my Biometrics on December 1st. Meanwhile, after the long wait I got an RFE at the end of December last year and responded to it through mail on the 18th of this month and they got it the next day. And I am still waiting for their response as it will take 60 days based on the RFE letter. The 1 year extension has already expired on January and I had my passport stamped through an infopass appointment on September 2018 for our travel outside the country.

Has anyone got an RFE too? =-( I wonder how long did it take for them to get back to you?

I just got all my additional evidence together. I'll write a cover letter this weekend and then I'll send everything out on Monday. I'm a little worried because we don't go out much, we don't go on vacation and stuff. We pretty much either work or recover from work. I'll try to explain that and hope for the best. Perhaps I should include some pictures of the work we have done together: tree felling, demolition, framing/construction. We're not in the pictures, but they may show why we're not running around having fun, making big life decisions and taking pictures.

Edited by fruitnut

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mauritius
Timeline

Name was updated   ===========103==== 1

Case was rec'vd at local office ========== 34

Case trnsf'rd...new office...Jurisdiction==== 21

Case rfe rqst maild/rspnse received====== 41

(24/17)

Case trnsf'rd to schedule Interview======= 1

Approvals ========================== 236

Crspndnce rcv'ed..r'viewg it ======279=== 1

1 bad receipt  =================225=== 1

Total===============336-2=========== 334

Approvals = 70.7%

Untouched cases = 10.2%

44 minutes ago, fruitnut said:

I just got all my additional evidence together. I'll write a cover letter this weekend and then I'll send everything out on Monday. I'm a little worried because we don't go out much, we don't go on vacation and stuff. We pretty much either work or recover from work. I'll try to explain that and hope for the best. Perhaps I should include some pictures of the work we have done together: tree felling, demolition, framing/construction. We're not in the pictures, but they may show why we're not running around having fun, making big life decisions and taking pictures.

Dont stress life is not perfect .We never did any vacations either cany afford it.All we work for is Bills.I send everything they ask for except taxes.

Yeah just submit everything that you can ever thought of that will prove you are both in good faith when it comes to your marriage. My husband doesn't really like taking pictures, but I was glad that I do and I have submitted our photos together from the year that we got married up to the present. If there's any document that you don't have that you are being asked to present, just feel free to list it all down on your cover letter and explain throughly why, just like what I did. Well, I wish everyone luck with this rfe journey including yours truly. Keep us posted too.

Edited by kenzo_gal
Typo error and punctuation

4 hours ago, vajaster said:

Couple questions:

1) Anyone know what the next status is after “new card is being produced”?

2) and typically how long after does it update?

3) how can I get a tracking number?

The next status should be 'Card was picked up by the United States Postal Service'.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mauritius
Timeline
5 hours ago, vajaster said:

Couple questions:

Did u apply for n400?

You'll soon get a status that says something like 'We mailed your new card' Check https://egov.uscis.gov/ and you'll see the USPS tracking number. I think it arrives in a priority mail envelope. 

18 hours ago, vajaster said:

Couple questions:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current status: UK and USA citizen

12-Mar-19: I-751 (WAC18026) + N400 combi interview

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

1 May 19: Voter registration card in-hand

3 May 19: USA passport in-hand

11 May 19: New SSN card in-hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 3/30/2019 at 7:08 PM, David1987 said:

Name was updated   ===========103==== 1

Case was rec'vd at local office ========== 34

Case trnsf'rd...new office...Jurisdiction==== 21

Case rfe rqst maild/rspnse received====== 41

(24/17)

Case trnsf'rd to schedule Interview======= 1

Approvals ========================== 236

Crspndnce rcv'ed..r'viewg it ======279=== 1

1 bad receipt  =================225=== 1

Total===============336-2=========== 334

Approvals = 70.7%

Untouched cases = 10.2%

I am Nov 27, 2017 filer and applied of N-400, all the cases around me ( EAC18061XXX) 20 above and 20 below were approved.  Around 23 remained untouched.  It seems that those are applied for  N-400, their cases are no touched. 

On 3/28/2019 at 4:54 PM, Ali7 said:

Hi @Ana71891 the same thing happened to me. On November 6th, 2018 I got transferred to Nebraska from Cali, and just 8 days ago I got transferred again to another jurisdiction. I called uscis to check the status of my case and I found out that my case is in lee’s Summit, MO. Literally in the most remot area on earth, I can’t even check their time processing timelines. I honestly don’t know why they transferred me. Let’s hope this means some ting good. At least someone reviewed our cases for a second. 

Appears my case was transferred to lee’s summit MO as well. Have u heard nothing from

them since?

Edited by Ana71891

Filed: Timeline

It seems that my local office (milwaukee) is no longer accepting InfoPass appointments. Is there anything that can be done or any way around this? My wife's extension letter expires in July of this year, and there has been no update or progress on the USCIS site since being transferred months ago. If there is no ability to obtain an infopass appointment in order to get another extension stamp in the passport, what are we supposed to do? 

15 minutes ago, JaseFace727 said:

It seems that my local office (milwaukee) is no longer accepting InfoPass appointments. Is there anything that can be done or any way around this? My wife's extension letter expires in July of this year, and there has been no update or progress on the USCIS site since being transferred months ago. If there is no ability to obtain an infopass appointment in order to get another extension stamp in the passport, what are we supposed to do? 

Call USCIS (I think you need to press 2 - 2 - 2 to speak to someone). Explain your situation. They should be able to schedule an appointment for you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.