Yaztalksalot

October 2017 AOS filers (merged)

2,792 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Montenegro
Timeline

Just had our interview tomorrow and we got approved :dance: Super easy interview. She asked for my husband's driver's license, my passport and driver's license, took my photo and my pointer fingerprints, asked the prostitution and murder questions, asked me if Montenegro was "in the country of Africa", and let us go. She didn't look at any photos or additional documents I brought so super happy about that total waste of paper...

Anyway, I had no idea that you have to mail back your EAD once you receive your GC.

Anyone still waiting for updates/interview dates/interviews?

ETA: I filed on 10/19, my EAD was approved on 12/18, and interview scheduled on 2/16

Edited by atina

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Nothing changed for I-485/I-765 in the new USCIS site account. It does not even have the SR that I raised in the old site as well as the phone SR birth year correction on I-485.

Do I need to re submit the SRs from the new site account?

Verify your identity section:

Department of State (DOS) Case ID*

• Your passport(s)
  • A copy of your visa application(s)
  • Your Immigrant Data Summary Sheet

What is my DOS Case ID?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
14 hours ago, Visitor User said:

Nothing changed for I-485/I-765 in the new USCIS site account. It does not even have the SR that I raised in the old site as well as the phone SR birth year correction on I-485.

Do I need to re submit the SRs from the new site account?

Verify your identity section:

Department of State (DOS) Case ID*

• Your passport(s)
  • A copy of your visa application(s)
  • Your Immigrant Data Summary Sheet

What is my DOS Case ID?

u just need to wait especially its holiday coz of lenten and also it will really takes 15-30 days for SR and sometimes worse is they will not really give u assigned SR even though they said they will give you other people had 3 SR and some of them never had the chance to received SR we just really need to wait. try to call uscis and ask for tier2 they can help you 

Hey everyone! I was a silent reader until now and your timelines/experiences helped me a lot so I want to share my timeline. Hopefully it helps those waiting for their EADs. Here we go:

I-130, I-485, I-765

Received date: October 13, 2017

Fingerprint appointment: November 9, 2017

I-765 inquiries: 

January 9, 2018: SR by phone- unanswered

January 22, 2018: SR online- unanswered

January 23, 2018: Contacted congressman- financial hardship

January 25, 2018: SR by phone 

January 29, 2018: Congressman contacted the USCIS 

February 8, 2018: USCIS responded to congressman- expedite request approved however no timeline could be given because even the expedite queue is backed up.

February 26, 2018: SR from January 25 was assigned to an officer and completed the same day with  the response “Your case is currently under review.  You should receive a decision or notice of other action shortly.”

February 27, 2018: infopass appointment (I had scheduled this 2 weeks before, figured I’d go despite recent response to SR:dance:)-I  was told that the expedite request was approved 5 day ago (?!) and to give them 2 more weeks and I would hear from them.

… no action...

… timeline changed to cases of November 1, 2017…

March 8, 2018: contacted Ombudsman’s office

March 14, 2018: Ombudsman’s office contacted the USCIS (never heard from them after that day)

March 14, 2018: SR online - unanswered

March 26, 2018: We are producing your card and will mail it to you (Day 164)

March 27, 2018: We approved your case

March 28, 2018: We mailed your card to you

March 30, 2018: Called USCIS and no tracking number was available as per L2 officer… I called because this mail was never posted on USPS informed delivery. 

March 31, 2018: EAD card in hand

Also... March 6, 2018: Received courtesy letter that I-693 was not submitted with the rest of my application and I should bring it to the interview, if one to be scheduled. 

Old website/app never updated. 

No word on interview yet...  Long island office processing time is 10.5-29.5 months at this time...:(

Best of luck to those still waiting for their EAD

3 hours ago, raabzz said:

Hey everyone! I was a silent reader until now and your timelines/experiences helped me a lot so I want to share my timeline. Hopefully it helps those waiting for their EADs. Here we go:

I-130, I-485, I-765

Received date: October 13, 2017

Fingerprint appointment: November 9, 2017

I-765 inquiries: 

January 9, 2018: SR by phone- unanswered

January 22, 2018: SR online- unanswered

January 23, 2018: Contacted congressman- financial hardship

January 25, 2018: SR by phone 

January 29, 2018: Congressman contacted the USCIS 

February 8, 2018: USCIS responded to congressman- expedite request approved however no timeline could be given because even the expedite queue is backed up.

February 26, 2018: SR from January 25 was assigned to an officer and completed the same day with  the response “Your case is currently under review.  You should receive a decision or notice of other action shortly.”

February 27, 2018: infopass appointment (I had scheduled this 2 weeks before, figured I’d go despite recent response to SR:dance:)-I  was told that the expedite request was approved 5 day ago (?!) and to give them 2 more weeks and I would hear from them.

… no action...

… timeline changed to cases of November 1, 2017…

March 8, 2018: contacted Ombudsman’s office

March 14, 2018: Ombudsman’s office contacted the USCIS (never heard from them after that day)

March 14, 2018: SR online - unanswered

March 26, 2018: We are producing your card and will mail it to you (Day 164)

March 27, 2018: We approved your case

March 28, 2018: We mailed your card to you

March 30, 2018: Called USCIS and no tracking number was available as per L2 officer… I called because this mail was never posted on USPS informed delivery. 

March 31, 2018: EAD card in hand

Also... March 6, 2018: Received courtesy letter that I-693 was not submitted with the rest of my application and I should bring it to the interview, if one to be scheduled. 

Old website/app never updated. 

No word on interview yet...  Long island office processing time is 10.5-29.5 months at this time...:(

Best of luck to those still waiting for their EAD

How was ur SR answered the same day?

Also, which of these u think helped the most?

Is it still 50/50 for getting an interview? it seems like most couples are getting an interview. Our AOS status has been frozen at "response to RFE received" for over 5 months now. 

Timeline
11 hours ago, Emmz said:

u just need to wait especially its holiday coz of lenten and also it will really takes 15-30 days for SR and sometimes worse is they will not really give u assigned SR even though they said they will give you other people had 3 SR and some of them never had the chance to received SR we just really need to wait. try to call uscis and ask for tier2 they can help you 

I did the SR on 3/9/18 and it says not assigned.

11 hours ago, Ermin&Zijada said:

Is it still 50/50 for getting an interview? it seems like most couples are getting an interview. Our AOS status has been frozen at "response to RFE received" for over 5 months now. 

i have been reading about this because i am really hoping for mine to be waived. yes, it looks like it is still 50/50 chance of getting an interview but the chance of getting waived is i think less rare than ever before. my status has been stuck at "we are scheduling your interview since nov!

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

25 minutes ago, doggieandsam said:

i have been reading about this because i am really hoping for mine to be waived. yes, it looks like it is still 50/50 chance of getting an interview but the chance of getting waived is i think less rare than ever before. my status has been stuck at "we are scheduling your interview since nov!

Less rare or more rare? As in its easier to get a waiver now? Also doey the “we are scheduling you interview” status mean you are for sure getting an interview or is there still a chance for a waiver? Our status isn’t even at that point yet its so disheartening. 

6 minutes ago, Ermin&Zijada said:

Less rare or more rare? As in its easier to get a waiver now? Also doey the “we are scheduling you interview” status mean you are for sure getting an interview or is there still a chance for a waiver? Our status isn’t even at that point yet its so disheartening. 

sorry, i just woke up. i meant "less likely" to get waived now than ever before.

i posed this same question ie whether getting the scheduling interview status means for sure i am getting an interview. and some people here on VJ think that that is not so and that it may still be waived. for my benefit, i hope they are right but to be honest, i am leaning towards the opposite so i am mentally preparing for an interview.

Edited by doggieandsam

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

4 minutes ago, doggieandsam said:

sorry, i just woke up. i meant "less likely" to get waived now than ever before.

i posed this same question ie whether getting the scheduling interview status means for sure i am getting an interview. and some people here on VJ think that that is not so and that it may still be waived. for my benefit, i hope they are right but to be honest, i am leaning towards the opposite so i am mentally preparing for an interview.

No worries. Yeah it does seem harder to

get a waiver now. I wish they just went in order like they claim. 

Timeline
15 hours ago, Visitor User said:

I did the SR on 3/9/18 and it says not assigned.

If you called USCIS to send the SR, you should call them again after April 8th.

When I called USCIS to send SR for my name typo error in January 25th, they told me to call back again after one month if I still don't receive any respond from USCIS.

I called again after one month, and I explained that I haven't received any respond even though I sent two SR(I also sent SR in October, but no respond). They transferred my call to Tier 2, and I think Tier2 officer could see more details about all my application status. Tier2 officer sent SR to immigration office directly, and she said "USCIS seem working on my case now and I will receive their respond within 2 weeks". After 1 week my name got updated.

I think talking to Tier2 office helped.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 3/30/2018 at 11:13 PM, Visitor User said:

What is my DOS Case ID?

From what I can tell, K1's that are adjusting won't have one until we receive our approved greencard. I attempted to place the DoS # from my K1 visa (in my passport) and it wouldn't accept it.   https://www.uscis.gov/file-online/immigrant-fee-payment-tips-finding-your-number-and-dos-case-id is the example, and I have no such paperwork or other than my K1 approval/visa which is now void. 

On another subject, is anyone else finding the new processing times page useless. I mean it's great that it gives you a rough estimate of months without having to do the math(9-21m is still stupidly wide lol), but I still liked seeing where they were currently date-wise. Hopefully, they add that value back in. :( 

AOS from K1 Timeline:

Spoiler

10/25/2017 -Mailed AOS packet including I-485, I-765, I-131 via USPS
10/27/2017 -Packet arrived at USCIS Chicago Lockbox

11/01/2017 -Priority Date
11/02/2017 -SMS Confirmation
11/06/2017 -NOA I-797 received for all 3

12/01/2017 -Went to scheduled biometrics appt
01/09/2018 -Receipt available online: AoS finally updated, EAD/AP still getting "Case number invalid" 

01/09/2018 - AoS is marked ready for interview to be scheduled. waiting for date.

02/02/2018 -Receive Paper approval notices for EAD/AP. Day 94. Receipt numbers FINALLY updated from invalid to approved lol.

02/07/2018 - Receive EAD/AP combo card in the mail. Day 99

30/07/2018 - Received notice of appointment for AoS interview scheduled 9/12

12/9/2018 - Had AoS interview and was approved! Day 320

3 hours ago, LittleLeaf said:

On another subject, is anyone else finding the new processing times page useless. I mean it's great that it gives you a rough estimate of months without having to do the math(9-21m is still stupidly wide lol), but I still liked seeing where they were currently date-wise. Hopefully, they add that value back in. :( 

yeah, me too. i think with these new time estimates, they are really just covering their ##### so that people like us don't hound them when they over processing times.

your 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Miya Kim said:

If you called USCIS to send the SR, you should call them again after April 8th.

When I called USCIS to send SR for my name typo error in January 25th, they told me to call back again after one month if I still don't receive any respond from USCIS.

I called again after one month, and I explained that I haven't received any respond even though I sent two SR(I also sent SR in October, but no respond). They transferred my call to Tier 2, and I think Tier2 officer could see more details about all my application status. Tier2 officer sent SR to immigration office directly, and she said "USCIS seem working on my case now and I will receive their respond within 2 weeks". After 1 week my name got updated.

I think talking to Tier2 office helped.

I did the SR online.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.