Yaztalksalot

October 2017 AOS filers (merged)

2,792 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
On 3/19/2018 at 6:48 PM, Saman.A said:

https://my.uscis.gov/account 

You need to create new account and after you sign in, add your receipt numbers to see updates.

Thank you for this! On the old site, nothing had updated for me despite receiving my EAD/AP already and my AOS was still sitting at fingerprint received! On the new site, EAD/AP has updated to approved and they updated my case for AOS, to ready to be scheduled for an interview in November 17, so thats reassuring at least! Thank you again for sharing this link! :)

:wub: Immigration & Expat Blog Links :wub:

My Full K1 Fiance Visa Journey

January 2017 Filer

K1 Approved on the 30th of June 2017 (6.5 months in total, no RFEs).

AOS Journey 

October 2017 filer

EAD/AP Approved December 2017 (75 days, no RFEs)

AOS Approved 8/15 (no RFEs) 

Living in the US

Info on getting set up

wedding planning

homesickness & everyday life

7 hours ago, Yaztalksalot said:

I just used my AP/EAD combo card to go visit home! Absolutely no issues whatsoever! :) 

I've written a blog post about my full experience if you want more info: https://yaztalksalot.wordpress.com/2018/03/24/using-advanced-parole-leaving-the-usa-whilst-aos-is-pending/ 

hey yaz, glad to see you were able to use your combo card without any hassles. i was just wondering did the CBP officer mention anything why there has to be a "until" date on the parole stamp? seems to me its does not really serve a purpose, since they know you will be staying past that date anyway and if you exit again, the AP "should" allow you to get paroled again and so on...

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
9 minutes ago, doggieandsam said:

hey yaz, glad to see you were able to use your combo card without any hassles. i was just wondering did the CBP officer mention anything why there has to be a "until" date on the parole stamp? seems to me its does not really serve a purpose, since they know you will be staying past that date anyway and if you exit again, the AP "should" allow you to get paroled again and so on...

Hey, 

They didn't explain but I think it just means that the stamp itseld is valid for a year providing your still using AP to enter. I'm assuming when you come in again, you won't need another paroled stamp, they could just look at it and see that your paperwork etc has already been reviewed before but if you came in after that date and were still using AP they would just give you another stamp. Think it's more of an admin thing than anything else! That was my take of it anyway! 

Hopefully that helps!! 😊

:wub: Immigration & Expat Blog Links :wub:

My Full K1 Fiance Visa Journey

January 2017 Filer

K1 Approved on the 30th of June 2017 (6.5 months in total, no RFEs).

AOS Journey 

October 2017 filer

EAD/AP Approved December 2017 (75 days, no RFEs)

AOS Approved 8/15 (no RFEs) 

Living in the US

Info on getting set up

wedding planning

homesickness & everyday life

6 minutes ago, Yaztalksalot said:

Hey, 

They didn't explain but I think it just means that the stamp itseld is valid for a year providing your still using AP to enter. I'm assuming when you come in again, you won't need another paroled stamp, they could just look at it and see that your paperwork etc has already been reviewed before but if you came in after that date and were still using AP they would just give you another stamp. Think it's more of an admin thing than anything else! That was my take of it anyway! 

Hopefully that helps!! 😊

yeah, this makes sense.thanks.

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Nothing changed for I-485/I-765 in the new USCIS site account. It does not even have the SR that I raised in the old site as well as the phone SR birth year correction on I-485.

Do I need to re submit the SRs from the new site account?

Verify your identity section:

Department of State (DOS) Case ID*

• Your passport(s)
  • A copy of your visa application(s)
  • Your Immigrant Data Summary Sheet

What is my DOS Case ID?

Edited by Visitor User

Timeline

Nothing changed for I-485/I-765 in the new USCIS site account. It does not even have the SR that I raised in the old site as well as the phone SR birth year correction on I-485.

• Your passport(s)

What is my DOS Case ID?

Timeline
23 hours ago, Visitor User said:

• Your passport(s)

What is my DOS Case ID?

Just to share my experience. I had my name typo error and sent SR 3 times on the phone. It took over 4 month to correct it. When I called USCIS 2 times, they never assigned for respond. During my 3th call to USCIS, they transferred my call to Tier 2(?) office, and Tier 2 officer sent another SR directly to immigration office. After 1 week they finally updated my name.

I have been checking both websites, old one has all my SR history, but new one doesn't. The new one seems updating better about the process of my applications tho cuz the new one updated that they received my respond to RFE, but old one still says they received my fingerprints fee.

Edited by Miya Kim

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

Hey guys hope everyone is fine! 

NOA : Oct 20th 2017 

Received AP/EAD: Jan 24th 2018

Update: 

Recently created  a profile on the updated USCIS Page 

Says “”Were scheduling your interview”” since November 27, 2017. 

Hope everyone has received their AP/EAD, if not hope you”ll be receiving  it very soon! 

Congrats to those who already received their GC! 

Timeline
On 3/25/2018 at 11:38 AM, Yaztalksalot said:

Thank you for this! On the old site, nothing had updated for me despite receiving my EAD/AP already and my AOS was still sitting at fingerprint received! On the new site, EAD/AP has updated to approved and they updated my case for AOS, to ready to be scheduled for an interview in November 17, so thats reassuring at least! Thank you again for sharing this link! :)

Great! 

Question .. 

Since the new USCIS page has updated, it states interview is being scheduled since last year or whatever date. 

1.) Does that mean our application can’t be transferred anymore without a interview to CSC?

Or/////

2.) Were Definitely getting a interview date? 

Timeline
18 hours ago, Miya Kim said:

Just to share my experience. I had my name typo error and sent SR 3 times on the phone. It took over 4 month to correct it. When I called USCIS 2 times, they never assigned for respond. During my 3th call to USCIS, they transferred my call to Tier 2(?) office, and Tier 2 officer sent another SR directly to immigration office. After 1 week they finally updated my name.

I have been checking both websites, old one has all my SR history, but new one doesn't. The new one seems updating better about the process of my applications tho cuz the new one updated that they received my respond to RFE, but old one still says they received my fingerprints fee.

So it looks like it comes down to how assertive we are with these SR process and who we talk to to get it fixed sooner?

1 hour ago, Queen30 said:

Great! 

Question .. 

Since the new USCIS page has updated, it states interview is being scheduled since last year or whatever date. 

1.) Does that mean our application can’t be transferred anymore without a interview to CSC?

Or/////

2.) Were Definitely getting a interview date? 

this was exactly what i was wondering! somebody said that they *think* its a standard status and there is still a chance that the interview will still be waived. but i am not so sure about that. it seems to me that this means there will definitely be an interview. otherwise, i reckon it'll say something like "potential interview waiver" or something. but i dunno for sure, this is just my opinion. i am hoping to be waived though, because my local filed office takes about a year to schedule these interviews!

Edited by doggieandsam

your 

17 minutes ago, doggieandsam said:

this was exactly what i was wondering! somebody said that they *think* its a standard status and there is still a chance that the interview will still be waived. but i am not so sure about that. it seems to me that this means there will definitely be an interview. otherwise, i reckon it'll say something like "potential interview waiver" or something. but i dunno for sure, this is just my opinion. i am hoping to be waived though, because my local filed office takes about a year to schedule these interviews!

I'm on the same boat. My local office is currently backlogged by over a year. USCIS also updated their processing times and it's showing 11 months to 25.5 months for my local office. 

Edited by Hanini

Timeline
38 minutes ago, doggieandsam said:

Oh wooow , hopefully it’s waived for all of us! My local filed office is taking 11 months to a year for I -485 . Sigh 😔 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.