Yaztalksalot

October 2017 AOS filers (merged)

2,792 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cuba
Timeline
1 hour ago, FLboy123 said:

Hi there-

Any Miami FL filers out there with interviews recently scheduled? Or know anyone who has been scheduled recently?

I am curious to know what month they are currently scheduling now.

I am thinking of doing an infopass in March when I hit 1.5 years. Has anyone tried it? Did it work?

I’m MIAMI filler since October 2017 and still waiting for interview to be scheduled. I did an Infopass on November and it was useless. 

23 hours ago, FLboy123 said:

Hi there-

Any Miami FL filers out there with interviews recently scheduled? Or know anyone who has been scheduled recently?

I am curious to know what month they are currently scheduling now.

I am thinking of doing an infopass in March when I hit 1.5 years. Has anyone tried it? Did it work?

Not a miami filer, but we did an infopass appt when we hit 15 months and a week later our status changed to “interview scheduled” it really cannot hurt to try. 

12 minutes ago, Ermin&Zijada said:

Not a miami filer, but we did an infopass appt when we hit 15 months and a week later our status changed to “interview scheduled” it really cannot hurt to try. 

Thanks! Actually got the idea from someone in the Hialeah office which is actually in Miami as well. I have a travel scheduled for the second week of Feb and I just don’t want to Rush it and then. I need to cancel my plans. I little optimistic assuming the info pass will work but still :) 

22 hours ago, DayDayDay said:

I’m MIAMI filler since October 2017 and still waiting for interview to be scheduled. I did an Infopass on November and it was useless. 

I guess we’re  on the same boat. Now my rationale behind March (18 month) is because it is right in the middle of the processing time (11.5-23 as mi app is family based). 

Lets see I keep my high hopes that doing an info pass is actually not needed :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 1/1/2019 at 5:31 PM, Madmax said:

Hi everyone as I have update my status of my journey . I have received my green card last month and I got 10 yrs green card is this correct? 

I git married october 15,2017 and filled my application October 31,2017 it took more than a year the process . But I would like to know if this process is right if my green card is correct instead of 2 yrs conditional . My aos is based on marriage f1 to marriage 

wow congrats. but im not sure if its correct that they gave you 10year GC coz if im not mistaken u can only have a 10 year GC if u've been married for almost 3years before u submit ur packet that will be automatically 10year GC holder. but like me when my husband and I submitted our packet for AOS we've been married for 1 year, and during the interview for my 2 year conditional GC the IO told us that he will give us a 2 year GC coz we are married lessthan 2 years. and then before the 90 day expiration of ur 2 year GC you can apply for the Removal of condition and that will be your 10year green card. hope my insights helps.

Edited by Emmz

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 1/2/2019 at 11:51 AM, moosy said:

I don't think it is correct, to be honest. But maybe they have some type of ability to ignore the usual thing and provide you with a 10 years card instead? I would check, but not sure where you would need to go for this.

i agree with you too. or maybe she can call the USCIS to be sure

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline
On 1/4/2019 at 3:41 AM, Medi_07 said:

Mine is expiring in April, if you submit the renewal on time you automatically get 180 days ead extension. So you should be fine! My FO is SF too and ppl from July got their interview notice, so we probably will hear from them in 2-3 months. 

Good luck 

I know this isn't known for certain or it might just be a feeling a lot of people get, but a few days after the EAD extension was received, it seems my field office (ATL) scheduled my interview (which took over a year). I have zero clue if this is even possible, but it does raise some questions about their procedure: is it an accident that within a week or two of asking an EAD extension, the field office suddenly springs into action? I wonder if they (who provide the EAD) need to call up your field office to ask when the interview is, to make sure it is not useless to provide an extension. For example, in my case, I only received my AP extension, but I NEVER received my EAD extension, despite asking for this 2 months before my interview was. You would think that if they did not have the interview info, they would send me the EAD extension, as my interview was mid to end October, and my EAD expired mid November. The AP extension came start of September in my mailbox. AP and EAD were received simultaneously on their part, so they made the active decision to never give me an EAD extension when they received it on their desk as a combo.

This sounds a little bit complicated, but IF there is ANY chance your extension application might trigger your interview date to be scheduled, I would DEFINITELY ask for the extension as soon as you are allowed. You never know!

Timeline
13 hours ago, moosy said:

I know this isn't known for certain or it might just be a feeling a lot of people get, but a few days after the EAD extension was received, it seems my field office (ATL) scheduled my interview (which took over a year). I have zero clue if this is even possible, but it does raise some questions about their procedure: is it an accident that within a week or two of asking an EAD extension, the field office suddenly springs into action? I wonder if they (who provide the EAD) need to call up your field office to ask when the interview is, to make sure it is not useless to provide an extension. For example, in my case, I only received my AP extension, but I NEVER received my EAD extension, despite asking for this 2 months before my interview was. You would think that if they did not have the interview info, they would send me the EAD extension, as my interview was mid to end October, and my EAD expired mid November. The AP extension came start of September in my mailbox. AP and EAD were received simultaneously on their part, so they made the active decision to never give me an EAD extension when they received it on their desk as a combo.

This sounds a little bit complicated, but IF there is ANY chance your extension application might trigger your interview date to be scheduled, I would DEFINITELY ask for the extension as soon as you are allowed. You never know!

Thanks for your response, it seems like this happened to few people already and it does make sense. I wish this ends soon, I’m getting tired of this and can’t wait for it to be over !! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cuba
Timeline
18 hours ago, moosy said:

I asked for my extension on August 2018. Still no scheduled interview, no EAP and no AP. 

On 1/18/2019 at 11:32 AM, Emmz said:

wow congrats. but im not sure if its correct that they gave you 10year GC coz if im not mistaken u can only have a 10 year GC if u've been married for almost 3years before u submit ur packet that will be automatically 10year GC holder. but like me when my husband and I submitted our packet for AOS we've been married for 1 year, and during the interview for my 2 year conditional GC the IO told us that he will give us a 2 year GC coz we are married lessthan 2 years. and then before the 90 day expiration of ur 2 year GC you can apply for the Removal of condition and that will be your 10year green card. hope my insights helps.

That’s great! You should contact an attorney to confirmt that anyways, but I wouldn’t be too worried. They just removed interviews for marriage based condition removals, so maybe it has something to do?

The permanent residency applies for couples married for at least two years  approval. I’ve been for almost 3 years now, so they should approve my wife for LPR.

3 minutes ago, Visitor User said:

Is USCIS open on MLK day?

Don’t think so, it is a federal holiday

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Houston FO has not started September 2017 filers yet. Last month, they were scheduling interviews for July/August 2017 filers.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Visitor User said:

Houston FO has not started September 2017 filers yet. Last month, they were scheduling interviews for July/August 2017 filers.

Anyone knows this info for Las Vegas?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.