Yaztalksalot

October 2017 AOS filers (merged)

2,792 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello. I have an upcoming interview for I-485 and I-485A on 2/25/19. Approved I-130 (USC Mother) and I-765. Family preference FB1, unmarried, son 21+. 

Mother will also be with me at the interview as well as my Lawyer.  Do I bring all originals and 1 color photo copy of each document?

List: (They were already submitted to USCIS). I received 1 RFIE for BC with EC (USCIS accepted the document).

I-94 Card.

Updated I-693.

Mother’s Passport (My entry stamp is on it as my own passport did not exist then).

My 3 Passports (First 2 are expired).

My Birth Certificate with English Translation.

I-864 - Joint Sponsor is my USC Brother 100%, 2017 all tax returns and W2 with December and January pay stubs. RD is 10/4/17. Employment letter? My mother had no financial info but we still had to submit it.

Brother’s Certificate of Naturalization? His BC?

ETA-750 Part A & B with CA DOL receiving my Labor Certification on or before 4/30/01. Biggest issue is that I never received any acknowledgment receipt. It just has the date (on or before 4/30/01) and their staff initials listed on it with job code. Also it states EWI (no idea why).

Proof of physical presence on 12/21/00.

Initial EAD (C09).

Parents Marriage Certificate. 

Mother’s BC? Her Certificate of Naturalization?

Anything else I should bring?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 1/18/2019 at 8:53 PM, Visitor User said:

Those that had an interview already.

Which YES/NO questions were asked from the I-485 form?

they just gonna pick up random wuestion from there

Timeline
On 1/20/2019 at 7:37 PM, FLboy123 said:

That’s great! You should contact an attorney to confirmt that anyways, but I wouldn’t be too worried. They just removed interviews for marriage based condition removals, so maybe it has something to do?

The permanent residency applies for couples married for at least two years  approval. I’ve been for almost 3 years now, so they should approve my wife for LPR.

Don’t think so, it is a federal holiday

no its true coz thats what IO told us no need for attorney

Timeline

Does the IO ask for petitioner's BC? In my case, my petitioner is my mother.

On 2/17/2019 at 10:44 AM, Emmz said:

they just gonna pick up random wuestion from there

What are the common random they ask usually?

Timeline

Hello. My interview is next Monday but we only have a copy of the petitioner’s (USC Mother) I-94. 

When she did her AOS. USCIS (then INS) kept her original I-94 paper card.

Would this cause any issues at my interview?

Timeline
On 2/19/2019 at 10:02 PM, Visitor User said:

Does the IO ask for petitioner's BC? In my case, my petitioner is my mother.

What are the common random they ask usually?

they just gonna asked if u been arrested before are u a criminal, did u do violation on the law 

16 hours ago, Visitor User said:

Interview tomorrow. 

good luck for ur interview u can do it Godbless🙏🏻

Timeline
1 hour ago, Emmz said:

they just gonna asked if u been arrested before are u a criminal, did u do violation on the law 

good luck for ur interview u can do it Godbless🙏🏻

My lawyer prepared my petitioner and me well. Hope to see the good news tomorrow.

Timeline

Hello. I got a notification (e-mail and text) today from the original USCIS site that ‘New Card Is Being Produced’ on I-485. New site is not updated. 

I am very happy.

Houston FO.

7 hours ago, Visitor User said:

Hello. I got a notification (e-mail and text) today from the original USCIS site that ‘New Card Is Being Produced’ on I-485. New site is not updated. 

I am very happy.

Houston FO.

That's awesome! Congratulations!

How was your interview experience?

My AOS timeline

10/12/17:Package sent

10/19/17: Package received

10/25/17: SMS/ email 

10/30/17: NOA received. Priority date: 10/19/17

11/10/17: Biometric appointment notice

11/20/17: Biometric appointment

11/20/17: Biometric done

03/13/2018: Received RFE

03/23/2018: Response received 

03/30/18: EAD card is being produced 

03/03/18: EAD approved 

04/05/2018: Card in hands+ approval letter+ courtesy letter for I-693

04/09/2018: Received SSN card

04/18/2018: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview ( updated just in the end of August/18)

01/18/19: Interview scheduled 

02/26/19: Interview day ( approved )

02/26/19: Card is being produced 

03/01/19: Card was mailed to me

03/02/19: Received approval  letter for forms I-485+ I-130

03/05/19: Card in hands

Today I had my interview. We were scheduled to 9:45 a.m, but we waited for almost an hour until they called us. We got there 20 min. before.  The officer was very friendly. He first asked to see our IDs, and asked to see my passports. He asked to my husband what was his name, SSN, address, phone number, parents names, ex- wife's name, where he works. Then he asked me the same questions about me ( he was just going through the application to confirm our information). Then he asked me the questions of the form I-485. I feel like he asked me all the questions, if don't, almost all of it. Then, he asked me how I met my husband, when we first met in person, when we became a couple, when we decided to get married, why was fast, who was in our wedding day, if we had a honeymoon. After the questions, he asked to see what evidences we brought. We showed utilities bills in our names, health insurance, credit card, bank statement, tax return. We showed our wedding certificate, but he said the copy was fine. He didn't ask to see our original birth certificates( yesterday my husband got another official copy because he couldn't find his). For last , he asked to see my medical exam and if we had photos to show. We had an album with pictures since the beginning of our relationship until now. While he was looking the pictures, he asked questions about some of the pictures. He said everything was looking fine and would recommend us to approval. He explained that my green card would be valid just for 2 years, and explained that I would need to apply again in 21 months. He said that in 3 years from today I would be able to apply for citizenship if I wanted. I can't believe that this waiting process is over. I am so happy!!! In the end of this afternoon I got the update that my card was being produced.:dance:

My AOS timeline

10/12/17:Package sent

10/19/17: Package received

10/25/17: SMS/ email 

10/30/17: NOA received. Priority date: 10/19/17

11/10/17: Biometric appointment notice

11/20/17: Biometric appointment

11/20/17: Biometric done

03/13/2018: Received RFE

03/23/2018: Response received 

03/30/18: EAD card is being produced 

03/03/18: EAD approved 

04/05/2018: Card in hands+ approval letter+ courtesy letter for I-693

04/09/2018: Received SSN card

04/18/2018: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview ( updated just in the end of August/18)

01/18/19: Interview scheduled 

02/26/19: Interview day ( approved )

02/26/19: Card is being produced 

03/01/19: Card was mailed to me

03/02/19: Received approval  letter for forms I-485+ I-130

03/05/19: Card in hands

Timeline
1 hour ago, happywu said:

That's awesome! Congratulations!

How was your interview experience?

Awesome. 20 minutes estimated.

Timeline

My interview experience:

Length: About 20 minutes. 

My Lawyer had already arrived early. My petitioner (USC Mother) and I arrived about 45 minutes before interview time.

I wore my signature suit and Tie. 

I was called on time. My lawyer instructed that my mom stays in the waiting room.

IO checked my ID. I took the Oath. From the start, IO said he was a little confused because my 2001 ETA 750 Labor Certification said EWI which was clearly an error from my then attorney. My lawyer explained to the IO that I entered on a B2 Visa. IO asked for proof and I showed him my original I-94 to satisfy that requirement and this was the only document he asked for. (Entry type would not have mattered since I was grandfathered into the 245i benefit which means EWI’s are also covered). We also had the Visa # stamp as well on my mother’s expired passport. 

IO then asked us to bring my father in because for some reason he thought my father was the sponsor (he is deceased). He only asked my mother her full name.

IO seemed fairly new so we had to clear some stuff up. My lawyer actually did all the educating part to the IO.

IO was wondering why I was using 245i if I had legal entry so my lawyer told him that I Overstayed my Visa and it was necessary for me to adjust under 245i if I wanted to do the AOS

IO asked my full name, current address and DOB. We had to correct the year on I-485 because it was a typographical error from USCIS. IO asked random few questions they were YES/NO and I got them all correct. He then asked for updated I-693 which I submitted to him. He then went off to check off the pages and did work on his computer. 

He gave me the standard white sheet which stated:

‘Your Case is being held for review’. IO said this was the normal process for everyone to run background checks. I think he had to get approval final from his supervisor. 

My lawyer who has 20 years of experience partially congratulated my mother and I and thought interview went well and was confident. Next morning, I woke up to ‘New Card is being produced’ which should be the 10 years and I should be eligible for Citizenship in 4 years and 9 months.

Edited by Visitor User

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Fragger said:

Just want to give you guys an update. For San Francisco Filers, my AOS is now scheduled for an interview.

filed Oct 2017, that was a long wait but it’s here! 

Nervous but excited! 

Congratulations!!!! My timeline is so close to yours. Good luck and keep us posted 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.