Yaztalksalot

October 2017 AOS filers (merged)

2,792 posts in this topic

On 22/5/2018 at 4:45 AM, SchoolBus said:

After 203 days of waiting we received a RFIE. Reading around it means time resets. I'm so disheartened. No EAD either. We filed on October 30th. How is that possible to receive a RFIE, not even a RFE after more than 200 days. We are losing hope.

I filed on the 15th of October.. No EAD, no AP.......

I130 approved 10/18/2016 - PD 07/11/2016

My AOS timeline: I-765, I-131, I-485

10/12/17:Package sent

10/17/17: Package received

10/24/17: NOA received. Priority date: 10/23/17

10/30/17: Biometric appointment notice

11/13/17: Biometric appointment done

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cuba
Timeline

This morning I got an SMS from USCIS telling me my case was updated and to go online and check the new status. I thought my case was finally moving forward and that it will be news about my Greencard! But no, it was just that they FINALLY updated my case to "EAD/AP card sent on December 22" blah blah :jest:  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hey guys did u experience that ur status had change and suddenly it says We mailed you RFE may22,2018 wherein i got RFE already last dec 11,2017 and they didnt update my status even they received my RFE response it still says finger print fee received and then yesterday i just checked my status it changed into RFE was mailed may 22,2018 what the hell!!!!! is this another RFE for the same RFE i just submitted?????? im losing hope now its been 193 days and no EAD/AP even green card its just so sad that the officers are so slow in their job

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cuba
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Emmz said:

hey guys did u experience that ur status had change and suddenly it says We mailed you RFE may22,2018 wherein i got RFE already last dec 11,2017 and they didnt update my status even they received my RFE response it still says finger print fee received and then yesterday i just checked my status it changed into RFE was mailed may 22,2018 what the hell!!!!! is this another RFE for the same RFE i just submitted?????? im losing hope now its been 193 days and no EAD/AP even green card its just so sad that the officers are so slow in their job

I don't know if you have see my last post. I also received a notification, in my case  they are saying they sent the EAD/AP card, but that's old history I have received my card on January! I think their notification system was "stuck" somewhere and now it's working...

Edited by DayDayDay
misspell

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, DayDayDay said:

I don't know if you have see my last post. I also received a notification, in my case  they are saying they sent the EAD/AP card, but that's old history I have received my card on January! I think their notification system was "stuck" somewhere and now it's working...

i agree but the only hope i can find out is that wait for the letter coz someone told me that maybe it was 2nd RFE hope its not

6 hours ago, DayDayDay said:

This morning I got an SMS from USCIS telling me my case was updated and to go online and check the new status. I thought my case was finally moving forward and that it will be news about my Greencard! But no, it was just that they FINALLY updated my case to "EAD/AP card sent on December 22" blah blah :jest:  

I had this same experience yesterday. I got a text in the afternoon to check status for 765 and email of "card in production" last night for my 765 case that was completed in January. 130 and 485 has been stuck on "case was received" and "biometric fee received", respectively, since last year. Dead silence since last year on 130 and 485. Its either the notification system has gone 'completely mental' or its a sign they have started working on our files again. What is your PD? Mine is Oct 20.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline

Hey guys, 

I applied for AOS (I-485) on September 25th 2017, and the current status of my application is: "We are scheduling your interview". It has been like this since December 2017. I was just wondering around how long this takes, or if any of you have experienced this, how long it took for them to schedule your interview. 

• Arrived to USA on F-1 Student Visa on 08/16/2016
  • Submitted I-485 & I-130 on 09/25/2017
  • Approved Green Card (IR7 category) on 05/17/2019
  • Electronically submitted N-400 on 02/19/2024
  • Biometrics Reuse received on 02/19/2024
  • Interview Notice received on 04/21/2024 (interview scheduled for 06/10/2024 at Chicago FO)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline
5 hours ago, DayDayDay said:

Just saw this on the USCIS website. God knows what implication that could have on our cases :( ->

20180515-AdjustmentInterview.pdf

can't view the PDF, do you mind posting it again? 

• Arrived to USA on F-1 Student Visa on 08/16/2016
  • Submitted I-485 & I-130 on 09/25/2017
  • Approved Green Card (IR7 category) on 05/17/2019
  • Electronically submitted N-400 on 02/19/2024
  • Biometrics Reuse received on 02/19/2024
  • Interview Notice received on 04/21/2024 (interview scheduled for 06/10/2024 at Chicago FO)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
1 hour ago, Nela Aluwihare said:

Hey guys, 

I applied for AOS (I-485) on September 25th 2017, and the current status of my application is: "We are scheduling your interview". It has been like this since December 2017. I was just wondering around how long this takes, or if any of you have experienced this, how long it took for them to schedule your interview. 

How many SRs have you done? Did you try calling the local office too? Your file may be there, but If it's NY they may have a lot of cases. I got my interview scheduled a few days after the told me they would, i don't think it's supposed to take that long.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

I'm from September and I also received an update. I also thought it was about my greencard, but it was just an update about my EAD and AP, which I received in December already. I think they are backtracking and processing any notifications that haven't been done (perhaps a certain employee that did not do their job?)

Yes they update the receipt , did you have your interview yet ? 

16 hours ago, moosy said:

I'm from September and I also received an update. I also thought it was about my greencard, but it was just an update about my EAD and AP, which I received in December already. I think they are backtracking and processing any notifications that haven't been done (perhaps a certain employee that did not do their job?)

Did you have your interview yet ? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.